Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis Madison Square Garden Opening Night - June 9th 197

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 am

dhornjr1 wrote:Here's a clip where George Harrison discusses seeing the show at Madison Square Garden and talking with Elvis backstage.

phpBB [video]

I've seen this interview on YouTube before(the extended also), and it's really great, I really like how George say's how he felt so small, like a grubby little kid looking up and saying, "Oh, hi Elvis." :smt103 They all show respect, and that's great!!!!! 8)
Last edited by ian on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm

I just found out that That's Alright was taken from the june 10 evening show until the dee dee part.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
phpBB [video]

John Lennon, "Hound Dog" (Madison Square Garden, Wednesday, August 30, 1972)

Thanks Dr. John. I've always loved this clip and I love that John was, especially in the early days, a HUGE Elvis fan. As Aunt Mimi said he had Elvis for 'breakfast, lunch and dinner'. You gotta love Yoko (or maybe you don't). With all the flack she's gotten over the years I've never had a problem with her. After all, where would the B-52s have drawn their vocal inspiration from? 'Rock Lobster' and 'Private Idaho' have Yoko all over them.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am

Here's an aircheck from WABC New York from late May / early June, 1972 which features an mail-in promotion to win four free tickets to see Elvis at MSG.

http://www.northeastairchecks.com/checks/diwabc72.ram

The promotion begins at the 6:15 mark.