Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha DJ promo STICKERED USA LP : watch out...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 am

On reply to the following eBay auction alerted by a previous FECC member through his recent topic asking about its originality or not...:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Elvis-Aloha-From ... 51a72e6a44

Please find herewith attached a comparison between the blrecords (eBay seller) copy actually on sale on ebay and a 100% ORIGINAL ONE which a very expert collector (friend of mine) emailed to me few days ago.

More scans of both stickers of the original one herewith attached.

I have also attached 2 promo photos (Aloha Press Conference) this collector got along his LP.

As you can see.....the blrecords copy sounds very very unusual. Look like homemade stickers which got strange measures....and strange printings on them too.

Besides, stickers on the blrecords copy are located in a very very unusual positions as well.

Mind you: all the DJ promo stickered US Elvis LPs got different measures...printings..and VERY IMPORTANT they always are ONE ON TOP and the other JUST BELOW.

Very easy counterfeiting such stickers nowdays....adding with a pen a name of one US Radio on one of them.

I'm not saying the blrecords's is a fake....just watch out and you will judge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aloha DJ promo STICKERED USA LP : watch out...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 am

Excellent points and great seeing an original for comparison!

Does Presleyana VII mention the 2 photos (Aloha Press Conference)? Interesting blrecords didn't mention anything about promos having photos. He usually mentions some were issued with photos and this listing does not included any.

I'd add, looking at stickers, blrecords stickers looks too new for being 40 years old.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 am

EPA4368 wrote:Does Presleyana VII mention the 2 photos (Aloha Press Conference)?

No, it doesn't.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

PetriTCB wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Does Presleyana VII mention the 2 photos (Aloha Press Conference)?

No, it doesn't.

Thanks!

That's probably why blrecords didn't mention anything about photos in his listing.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm

ADDENDUM:

I believe, now , blrecords' copy is a 100% ODD (let's say so...). This guy maybe bought a VG Aloha Lp for 1,00 buck somewhere and glued 2 homemade DJ stickers on front cover ? Then I tell you folks.

Think about these points:

1) see the wear on front cover ? WHY the same wear DOES NOT CONTINUE on STICKER AS WELL ? Sounds likely stickers were applied LONG TIME AFTER the copy was acquired.

2) WHY blrecords DID NOT provide/include a BIGGER & SHARP scans of both stickers in the item's description ???

3) there are quite vary red flags on blrecords' copy when compared to the other promo Elvis albums of same era. The size of the stickers, Promotional Album Not-For Sale on bottom, and artist and catalog number missing.

4) COMPARE STICKERS LETTERINGS on blrecords' copy and the 100% original. See the differences ? Blrecords' looks like homemade stickers made by PC and printed with a laser and/or ink-jet printer.

IMPORTANT REGARDING THE 2 ALOHA PHOTOS:

- these were from SEPT 5TH 1972 (Las Vegas - evening ). Sorry, I confused dates there.

- My friend got the 2 photos ALONG his 100% ORIGINAL DJ STICKERED LP...BUT >>>> THE PHOTOS WERE NOT NECESSARILY given away/included WITH the DJ Lp. They were part of the PROMO PACKAGE (LP & 2 photos) the previous owner had in his possesion at the time. I know quite for sure when Radio's got promotional RCA records, sometimes they also got other gadgets/promos along promo records as well.

Anyway: pass data/info to all the other Elvis collectors around the world.

Even tho'....I do not think all that can avoid people to spend helluva of money for homemade trash at online auctions. Some people are SOOOO STUPID....they just count on high positive feedback of sellers and do not reflect ON WHAT they are buying....

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am

Can't nobody turn blrecords in for selling fake illegal stuff like turn him into sony,/ftd, Ej.??ebay won't do jack crap., Too bad someone hasn't made a site for people how to tell fake from real on Elvis items it's already been done on Beatles records.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 am

dont we all love the price on this from BL records lol http://www.ebay.it/itm/Elvis-Great-Coun ... 134wt_1271

supposedly came out in november '56

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am

Oh lets not forget! This is a unreleased ALOHA recording!! :O Its worser then it sounds

LOL MUAHAHAHAHA
phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Can't nobody turn blrecords in for selling fake illegal stuff like turn him into sony,/ftd, Ej.??ebay won't do jack crap., Too bad someone hasn't made a site for people how to tell fake from real on Elvis items it's already been done on Beatles records.

The only way to turn in fraudolent online sellers is FBI & this :

http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud/internet_fraud

Then contact FBI and report Internet Crime-Fraud : see scan herewith attached.

BUT MIND YOU : you can report a fraud-crime ...IF the seller has NOT fully REFUND you and/or seller DID NOT REPLY to your requests of refund-return for the item you bought from him/her.

OR MIND YOU: if the seller continues to say the item is 100% ORIGINAL and DOES NOT WANT TO REFUND YOU....well bear in mind you MUST BRING EVIDENCE TO FBI of a 100% ORIGINAL COPY TO COMPARE WITH the fake sold by the seller. That's the only way to chase fraudolent sellers.

That's why is so important cooperation among collectors exchanging info & data around the world.

Remind also: all that counterfeiting rubbish increased from 1998 onwards with improved laser-inkjet printing technology along improved graphic softwares. With Internet-era almost THE 99% OF ELVIS US RECORDS WORTH A DAMN. So US sellers could not fetch same high prices for Elvis records they used to when the Internet era was not there. So they started to "create" fake stickers...fake bonus photos...fake sealings....fake labels....etc..etc..in order to "survive" themselves in the Elvis collecting scenario.

Think about this : how much a Aloha US Lp worths ? Let's say 3-4 bucks if in M- condition. Well just homemade 2 fake DJ stickers and glued them on front cover and...THAT'S IT ! Now you got a USD 400+ item....

The same old trick. And the US sellers can go on earning good money with Elvis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:dont we all love the price on this from BL records lol http://www.ebay.it/itm/Elvis-Great-Coun ... 134wt_1271

supposedly came out in november '56

This is GENUINE.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:BUT MIND YOU : you can report a fraud-crime ...IF the seller has NOT fully REFUND you and/or seller DID NOT REPLY to your requests of refund-return for the item you bought from him/her.

OR MIND YOU: if the seller continues to say the item is 100% ORIGINAL and DOES NOT WANT TO REFUND YOU....well bear in mind you MUST BRING EVIDENCE TO FBI of a 100% ORIGINAL COPY TO COMPARE WITH the fake sold by the seller. That's the only way to chase fraudolent sellers.

That's why is so important cooperation among collectors exchanging info & data around the world.

Although some sellers do have a return policy, usually 14 days money back but a buyer may not realize it's a fake till weeks, months and possibly years later. I believe there's an expiration time to take a seller to court but due to court cost, it's unlikely someone will pursue court.

Totally agree... "It is so important cooperation among collectors exchanging info & data around the world to avoid buying fakes." ::rocks

Btw... blrecords ended auction earlier 0 bids... This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 am

Blrecords pulled out the item as he realized it did not match completely to the original one showed in this topic.

He sounds a very good & collaborative person.

The fact he pulled it out from auction means he did not want to fraud anyone and/or jeopardize things there.

I think he is still a honest and professional seller. Not many other sellers would do the same he did (pulling out an item from auction).

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Blrecords pulled out the item as he realized it did not match completely to the original one showed in this topic.

He sounds a very good & collaborative person.

The fact he pulled it out from auction means he did not want to fraud anyone and/or jeopardize things there.

I think he is still a honest and professional seller. Not many other sellers would do the same he did (pulling out an item from auction).

Agree with you and lets give Blrecords some credit!

Some Sellers will not pull fake item(s) off, but continue to sell them.

FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !...
Beware of this Elvis fans & collectors :
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72845

Just because a Seller's rating is "Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%" and receives positive feedback, doesn't mean item was an original.

And another "thank you" for Hound Dog 2000 keeping us Elvis fans informed about Fake items! :smt023

::rocks

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Wait a second I am no expert here but I always thought that the reason the stickers were originally put on the promo LP was that
the song titles were NOT printed on the back of the album cover, so a listing was needed for DJ's.

So, you wouldn't just be able to add stickers to a regular $4 common issue of the album.

Also, shouldn't the label itself have some kind of promo designation.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am

the dude will eventually piss off the right person and all hell will break loose one day.