Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Crawfish

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks, I offer my apologies to skatterbrane for doubting he had a set based on the inconsistencies in given info. Hopefully the replacement CD he received after selling his set has made its way to the buyer since no mention of a faulty CD appeared in the listing.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Matthew wrote:Thanks, I offer my apologies to skatterbrane for doubting he had a set, based on the inconsistencies in given info. Hopefully the replacement CD he received after selling his set has made its way to the buyer since no mention of a faulty CD appeared in the listing.

;-)

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 am

Matthew wrote:Thanks, I offer my apologies to skatterbrane for doubting he had a set based on the inconsistencies in given info. Hopefully the replacement CD he received after selling his set has made its way to the buyer since no mention of a faulty CD appeared in the listing.

You're not paying attention. I quote myself:

"I listed it the day I found out they were sending a replacement disc. " I did not mention a defective disc because the replacement disc will be included in the shipment.

Now, I accept your apology, however I am confused as to why anyone would make up a story like this. What motivation would one have? I woulld think a "story" would be FAR more exciting than buying a CD and selling it on Ebay.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 am

Plenty here prefer copies of official product, such as downloading from websites, or buying product to make digital copies of and then sell on again.

Others like to troll the forum, like that fellow in the Mystery Train thread, offering incorrect information and spinning yarns to confuse other members.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:55 am

Matthew wrote:Plenty here prefer copies of official product, such as downloading from websites, or buying product to make digital copies of and then sell on again.

Others like to troll the forum, like that fellow in the Mystery Train thread, offering incorrect information and spinning yarns to confuse other members.

I guess it takes all kinds. I may be confused, but I do not intend to deliberately confuse others.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 am

And I have offered my apologies.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 am

And I have accepted, and I do now again, thank you. :smt006

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 am

"Understanding solves all problems, baby ..."

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 am

Matthew wrote:
TJ wrote:It took 2 mins to find the Feb 5th sale on eBay. I'd link to it but maybe skatterbrane doesn't want to share his eBay id. In any case, the cynicism was misplaced Matthew.

I'll believe it when I see it and will be the first to apologise if I do.

I was also under suspicion as a liar then? Nice. :lol:

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 am

I called you no such thing. What's your purpose here TJ? Needless stirring?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

When I post to say I've seen an eBay listing and you reply by saying you will only believe it when you see it, you are saying that my post isn't trustworthy. Why on earth would I pretend to have seen it?

This place is weird sometimes.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

You're drawing attention to things that have not happened - I never questioned your post, or whether or not you had seen an eBay listing. This was never about you. It's been dealt with between myself and Skatterbrane and put to rest. If you wish to continue placing yourself in the middle of something that has ended, be my guest, but I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

TJ wrote:When I post to say I've seen an eBay listing and you reply by saying you will only believe it when you see it, you are saying that my post isn't trustworthy. Why on earth would I pretend to have seen it?

It's less weird if you post a link to the listing you told everyone about. ;-)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:When I post to say I've seen an eBay listing and you reply by saying you will only believe it when you see it, you are saying that my post isn't trustworthy. Why on earth would I pretend to have seen it?

It's less weird if you post a link to the listing you told everyone about. ;-)

As indicated in the original post, I wasn't sure whether he was cool with having his eBay account info shared, so I didn't. Privacy is important to some people, as you no doubt understand with your decision to use a nom de plume.

Anyway, let's move on.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 am

TJ wrote:As indicated in the original post, I wasn't sure whether he was cool with having his eBay account info shared ...

eBay is a public website. He told Matthew to go find his listing.

That would indicate no problem with a link to it here ;-)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:As indicated in the original post, I wasn't sure whether he was cool with having his eBay account info shared ...

eBay is a public website. He told Matthew to go find his listing.

That would indicate no problem with a link to it here ;-)

He didn't tell Matthew to do anything. He clarified the date of sale after being challenged but chose NOT to link to it. As that might have indicated a preference for privacy, I didn't link to it either. It really wasn't weird at all, especially when the alternative explanation was a two-man conspiracy involving a non-existent eBay listing.

But this really has gone on too long. I'm off for a snack.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Implied.

skatterbrane wrote:Mine sold on Feb 5th. I listed it the day I found out they were sending a replacement disc. Your Ebay research is faulty if it did not pick up a sale on Feb 5th.

Anyway, you don't agree, no worries. I would have done differently, that's all.