Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jumpsuits on display at Graceland

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 am

Why do they never switch up the jumpsuits on display in the trophy building? For instance, they have had that hideous looking NYE suit from Detroit 1975 on display since forever. They should mix it up a bit.

Re: Jumpsuits on display at Graceland

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

I've found it to be far less hideous in person than it appeared with Elvis wearing it.

You're right though. It wouldn't hurt to switch out a few costumes and freshen things up a bit.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Why do they never switch up the jumpsuits on display in the trophy building? For instance, they have had that hideous looking NYE suit from Detroit 1975 on display since forever. They should mix it up a bit.

Send EPE an e-mail about it or write them a kind letter about it or both.

Talking about it here isn't going to help. I'm just sayin'. smt179

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 am

I've always felt it to resemble the stereotypical jokes of the jumpsuits worn by the fat Elvis impersonators who are not ETAs. To me, it was by far the less appealing suit that he wore. If I were E.P.E., I would want to represent the best of the jumpsuits that I had to offer. The black pyramid, the red or the Blue Hampton Roads suits would be more attractive than that 75 suit.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:22 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:Why do they never switch up the jumpsuits on display in the trophy building? For instance, they have had that hideous looking NYE suit from Detroit 1975 on display since forever. They should mix it up a bit.

That does not work. They obviously do not care what the long timers think or care about. It's what the new visitors think. That's where their money mostly comes from now.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

That does not work. They obviously do not care what the long timers think or care about. It's what the new visitors think. That's where their money mostly comes from now.

But how would they know if you're a "long timer" or a "new visitor" unless you tell them?
Surely there's a way you could word your letter (with a little imagination) to grab their interest/attention if you just gave it a try, instead of not trying at all.

I'm just making a suggestion, SuspiciousMind. You're the one that seems to be concerned about it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I've always felt it to resemble the stereotypical jokes of the jumpsuits worn by the fat Elvis impersonators who are not ETAs. To me, it was by far the less appealing suit that he wore. If I were E.P.E., I would want to represent the best of the jumpsuits that I had to offer. The black pyramid, the red or the Blue Hampton Roads suits would be more attractive than that 75 suit.

I'm sure they dont have that red suit in their collection & I dont think they have the blue hampton roads suit(not sure tho) i have seen the black pyramid suit their also the studs that make up the design are actually little butterflys... I agree the 75 suit in question looks really cool in person!

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

Blue River wrote:

I spoke with Angie Marchese at Graceland, last "Elvis Week" and I told her firstly that the "Elvis On Tour" exhibition was excellent, I congratulated her on it. I then told her that the 'move exhibition' in the trophy room was a disgrace, and hadn't changed for 10 years. The space is not utilized well at all. I then told her that the condition of the "Lisa Marie" was completely unacceptable, that is was filthy at that the "e" from Marie is now missing and needs repainted.

She walked away!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 am

Julian Grant wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I spoke with Angie Marchese at Graceland, last "Elvis Week" and I told her firstly that the "Elvis On Tour" exhibition was excellent, I congratulated her on it. I then told her that the 'move exhibition' in the trophy room was a disgrace, and hadn't changed for 10 years. The space is not utilized well at all. I then told her that the condition of the "Lisa Marie" was completely unacceptable, that is was filthy at that the "e" from Marie is now missing and needs repainted.

She walked away!

The plane is badly in need of some TLC, and should rightly rest in an enclosed space, like the cars.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:31 am

correct me if im wrong(im sure someone will lol) but i didnt think EPE actually owned the Lisa Marie airplane... maybe the upkeep on such things is not really up to them or maybe they need permission to go up there and repaint it and such...

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

I think that suit is in the Racketball court? Its nota bad suit but yeah they could put the dragon suit in there or someother later suit. The 1969/70 suits in the Trophy building could be changed around too. And while we're on it how long have they had the orange mechanic suit and rest of the film stuff up? Ages!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 am

Julian Grant wrote:
Blue River wrote:

She walked away!

They don't like critics. But you were correct about the condition of the plane.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 am

JEFF d wrote:correct me if im wrong(im sure someone will lol) but i didnt think EPE actually owned the Lisa Marie airplane... maybe the upkeep on such things is not really up to them or maybe they need permission to go up there and repaint it and such...

JEFF d
EP fan

They bought it back when Sillerman was around.