Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:27 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:For those who say kids today don't care or aren't inspired, influenced or intrigued by Elvis, here's an article today about a high school in Abilene, TX doing a musical called 'All Shook Up'.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/j ... artner=RSS


If they were performing Oliver, would they be inspired by Dickens? Nothing in that article says they were inspired by Elvis to do that show, or intrigued by him or influenced by him (one interviewee said he quite liked his music). It's simply a show that was no doubt chosen because it was "fun" (a word used a great deal in the article!). There's nothing wrong with that, but musicals such as these in schools are rarely chosen by the kids themselves anyway. Nothing there to prove that kids care about Elvis.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 am

poormadpeter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:For those who say kids today don't care or aren't inspired, influenced or intrigued by Elvis, here's an article today about a high school in Abilene, TX doing a musical called 'All Shook Up'.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/j ... artner=RSS


If they were performing Oliver, would they be inspired by Dickens? Nothing in that article says they were inspired by Elvis to do that show, or intrigued by him or influenced by him (one interviewee said he quite liked his music). It's simply a show that was no doubt chosen because it was "fun" (a word used a great deal in the article!). There's nothing wrong with that, but musicals such as these in schools are rarely chosen by the kids themselves anyway. Nothing there to prove that kids care about Elvis.


Nothing in your posts proves that you're an Elvis fan either.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:Believe it or not I turn 21 this year.

Elvis is as big as he possibly can be to the younger generations. For a guy born before World War II started, a man that died over 35 years ago - he's got an amazing following worldwide. I'd argue he's probably bigger in Europe than he is in America.

A lot of young people do appreciate Elvis. But let's be honest, it wouldn't be natural if there were lots of fanaticals like me at my age, would it? I've grown up in an era where Elvis is respected as one of the all time great artists. A revolutionary. The King of Rock. From what I've gathered, that wasn't always the case. We have people like Greil Marcus and Peter Guralnick to thank for that.

I'm happy with his legacy. The fact his catalogue is so well looked after with FTD and Legacy, Elvis' recorded output will be there forever for those that want it


I couldn't agree more with you Charlie, and the fact you turn 21 this year is truly something I'll be 23 and you have the the mind of someone much more mature than most at that age. TCB!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 am

This thread, thanks to Justin for bringing it back up on the other thread, just proves my point even more. Kids ARE influenced and inspired by Elvis. LIKE IT OR NOT!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 am

This topic is mind-boggling. How did I miss it 5 months ago?

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:56 am

Not sure Doc...it's one of many from SuspiciousMind. He'll never admit it but deep down, he just loves the idea that kids and teengaers love Elvis. it's a boasting point and perhaps even justifies his devotion to Elvis. Personally, I see a desperate guy trying to justify why he's an Elvis fan. Young people love him...so he must be cool!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:17 am

ask the majority of the youth in the public...they will say "elvis....who?".
in all the many last years i never heard an juvenile hear elvis blasting through his headphones.....and trust me, i saw many and they really play there music loud...


so thinkin that elvis is even known or is cool amongst teenager of today...is ridicilous.....

justin bieber etc. is....but elvis....no...

if somebody says something different..well, you must living a very private life

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:18 am

Justin wrote:Not sure Doc...it's one of many from SuspiciousMind. He'll never admit it but deep down, he just loves the idea that kids and teengaers love Elvis. it's a boasting point and perhaps even justifies his devotion to Elvis. Personally, I see a desperate guy trying to justify why he's an Elvis fan. Young people love him...so he must be cool!


The only justification anyone needs is this:


phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 am

Right on

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 am

matilda wrote:ask the majority of the youth in the public...they will say "elvis....who?".
in all the many last years i never heard an juvenile hear elvis blasting through his headphones.....and trust me, i saw many and they really play there music loud...


so thinkin that elvis is even known or is cool amongst teenager of today...is ridicilous.....

justin bieber etc. is....but elvis....no...

if somebody says something different..well, you must living a very private life


:roll:

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 am

If one ever needed additional evidence that SuspiciousMind is "elvisallc," this thread is it. Welcome back JayKeisha!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 am

Justin wrote:Not sure Doc...it's one of many from SuspiciousMind. He'll never admit it but deep down, he just loves the idea that kids and teengaers love Elvis. it's a boasting point and perhaps even justifies his devotion to Elvis. Personally, I see a desperate guy trying to justify why he's an Elvis fan. Young people love him...so he must be cool!


Go screw yourself.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

midnightx wrote:If one ever needed additional evidence that SuspiciousMind is "elvisallc," this thread is it. Welcome back JayKeisha!


You can join Justin too.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

truth hurts often....elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

he not really even did in the 80s when i grew up....but at least he was known..but not today..sorry...but its true
Last edited by matilda on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

matilda wrote:truth hurts often....


It's not the truth and pictures DO NOT LIE! But I guess some of you like living in the past. So go have at it.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 am

What gets me the most on here is how some of you claim to be fans and life long followers and some of you claim to be collectors of the music. But when someone like myself points out the facts that kids, teenagers, young adults are listening to Elvis or respect his legacy, you seem to have a problem with that. Honestly, it's not whether they do or don't with me. It's how some of you look to debunk facts. As if to justify something.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:38 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
matilda wrote:truth hurts often....


It's not the truth and pictures DO NOT LIE! But I guess some of you like living in the past. So go have at it.

i laughed...thanks pal....yeah...some pictures prove me otherwise....

pictures taken at graceland..omg
i guess i have to buy the hundreds of teenagers i see everyday a trip to graceland.

you arenliving in the past...and some pictures of kids at graceland is not the majority of teeanagers .period.
we are not in the 50s anymore.live with it.

but readin your posts...its really pointless to argue with somebody blindfolded as you are.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:What gets me the most on here is how some of you claim to be fans and life long followers and some of you claim to be collectors of the music. But when someone like myself points out the facts that kids, teenagers, young adults are listening to Elvis or respect his legacy, you seem to have a problem with that. Honestly, it's not whether they do or don't with me. It's how some of you look to debunk facts. As if to justify something.



i just posted my observations .....if i liked them or not.
has nothing to do with beein a fan. or not.
just my observations from years of everyday life and teenagers.

if i see the grass green with my own eyes...i have to say it is green....and not purple... just only because it would fit my agenda.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 am

matilda wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
matilda wrote:truth hurts often....


It's not the truth and pictures DO NOT LIE! But I guess some of you like living in the past. So go have at it.

i laughed...thanks pal....yeah...some pictures prove me otherwise....

pictures taken at graceland..omg
i guess i have to buy the hundreds of teenagers i see everyday a trip to graceland.

you arenliving in the past...and some pictures of kids at graceland is not the majority of teeanagers .period.
we are not in the 50s anymore.live with it.

but readin your posts...its really pointless to argue with somebody blindfolded as you are.


OMG, I posted pictures of children and teenagers visiting Graceland and showing interest that they have for Elvis today. Yet fools like yourself want to criticize that and claim it as false. Whatever, man. Typical of the nonsense and trolling on this forum. Absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:47 am

matilda wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:What gets me the most on here is how some of you claim to be fans and life long followers and some of you claim to be collectors of the music. But when someone like myself points out the facts that kids, teenagers, young adults are listening to Elvis or respect his legacy, you seem to have a problem with that. Honestly, it's not whether they do or don't with me. It's how some of you look to debunk facts. As if to justify something.



i just posted my observations .....if i liked them or not.
has nothing to do with beein a fan. or not.
just my observations from years of everyday life and teenagers.

if i see the grass green with my own eyes...i have to say it is green....and not purple... just only because it would fit my agenda.


You and I obviously have two completely different observations. I see the opposite and with opened eyes. I was at Graceland during the 2012 anniversary week and was blown away at how many young adults and teenagers and children that were there and enjoying themselves.

Keep this in mind, without those kids liking him and getting introduced to him, there would be no future for Elvis Presley.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:05 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:What gets me the most on here is how some of you claim to be fans and life long followers and some of you claim to be collectors of the music. But when someone like myself points out the facts that kids, teenagers, young adults are listening to Elvis or respect his legacy, you seem to have a problem with that. Honestly, it's not whether they do or don't with me. It's how some of you look to debunk facts. As if to justify something.


No one's debunking facts. But there's plenty of people here anxious to debunk some overgrown fanboy's inflated and inaccurate comments. You keep posting them--we'll keep debunking them.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 am

well, i was responding to the general title of this topic.
i dont live or work at graceland....so i cant compare.
i was talkin about general people in a normal town in that age group ans my observations for many years.

maybe somebody should alter the title to "elvis ' impact on the youth of today and tommorrow who are to be seen at graceland".....

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 am

One wonders what SuspiciousMind's explanation is for Viva Elvis' commercial failure, being that there is such a big youth movement in the Elvis world.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 am

midnightx wrote:One wonders what SuspiciousMind's explanation is for Viva Elvis' commercial failure, being that there is such a big youth movement in the Elvis world.


It had zero commercialism to have a shot at success.

I have never once said that there is some type of youth movement. Just that the talk that kids do not care for him or that Elvis does not appeal to young adults is totally false. All one with a brain has to do is look at the annual visitors to Graceland and see all of the young faces. Graceland is constantly getting visits from high schools and middle schools all over the country and not just locally or regionally. That's a statement right there.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am

midnightx wrote:If one ever needed additional evidence that SuspiciousMind is "elvisallc," this thread is it. Welcome back JayKeisha!


What is this person's deal? Always pushing absurd theories about Elvis in the present day?