Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:I'll take the 50's Elvs any day of the week over the Aloha caped Elvis.

And I prefer the Madison Square Garden-caped Elvis over all of it (even though I love the '50s).

But that's just the way I (and a lot of other folks) am.


I became an Elvis fan in 1970, because of the On Stage album at 11 years old. Six months later I learned about what he had done in the fifties. I suspect I wasn't the only new fan experiencing what I did. The Aloha concert brought in a ton of new fans as well.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

r&b wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:My kids are now 29, 26 and 21. All three like Elvis' music but not all periods, and they enjoy watching only a few of Elvis' movies. Follow That Dream being their favorite. Although it's hard for siblings to agree on anything, they all agree when they were younger especially in high school, it was brutal mentioning they liked Elvis. The other kids, some parents and teachers would bring up Elvis sightings, fat jokes and drugs. They all have their favorite Elvis songs on their iPods, but still hear jokes from others when they play Elvis' music at parties. When I asked, if they had the opportunity, would they visit Graceland on their own or with friends? They all said, no. But they also said, they would go if I wanted them to come along with me. When is Father's Day 2015? It will probably take a couple years for them to agree on when we can all go together.


Very intersting. I used to think the 60's movie period was the low point of Elvis' career, but he was still so young yet and attractive and had time to reinvent himself with the 68 Special, which he did (thank you Steve B.) Now, however, I feel it is the 70's that have done the most harm to Elvis' image. The jumpsuit, cape, sideburns, weight gain, drug fueled shows , that seems to be what people remember and poke fun at the most. Needless to say I am not much of a 70's fan except for maybe 70-72 and even that takes some doing on my part. Vegas destroyed Elvis. Should have been over with after TTWII.


They all love the '68 Special! They also agree Vegas slowly killed Elvis. Should have been over with after TTWII.

Image
Image

My son says the fanatics make it much more difficult being an Elvis fan than the people making fun because of their fanatical views, and doesn't care for Elvis impersonators, saying they also make it difficult being an Elvis fan as well.

Image

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

To think i saw Elvis at MSG for 10.00(cheapest) and it costs 33.00(cheapest) to get into Graceland. Yes, I know 40 years later and such, but the irony of it all is astonishing. Well say what you want about Priscilla, but thanks to her, Elvis' name was kept alive via opening Graceland and getting fans to generate revenue still, 35 yrs after his death. I didnt care much for the MSG shows either. He was in good voice, but it seemed rushed, and nothing special for being in NYC for the first time. I guess I was expecting a little too much from seeing TTWII.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I just hope to hell I never start thinking the way you do. Damn, your posts are depressing.

Have you met Tony?

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

My very first post on here was titled "In 6 months time he will be forgotten" My dad said that in June 1956. If I had known at the time and said to him "People of all ages will still be discusing Elvis in 2013" he may have had me certified :shock:

As such an inovative artist his legacy will never be forgotten, in the decades to come there will always be people who learn of a snipet about him, and will then want to find out what made him tick.
Like all historical figures there are bound to be times when he will be more populer than others. The years following 1977 we would never have imagined that in 2005 he would have 3 number 1 singles and a dozen more at number2 in the UK, more than any other singer, as far as I know, in that year.

When I was attending fan club events during the 80's there were more teens at them, than at any time since the early '60's. before that most fans were my age or older. So who's to say that when r'n'r is revived again in 10, 20 or 30 years time, the same thing won't happen.

9 out of 14 of my nephews and nieces became Elvis fans and now many of their kids, who are under 20, are also interested in his career. When we who are now discussing this are all dead and forgotten, except by a few loved ones, Elvis will still be being discussed.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am

Elvis and Marilyn Monroe wont be forgotten.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 am

Tiny Tim will be remembered through the ages as well.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 am

For_Elvis wrote:Elvis and Marilyn Monroe wont be forgotten.


There's no doubt about that, but the question is how they are remembered. Is Marilyn Monroe remembered as a fine actress or as a beautiful blonde? It seems to me when it comes to entertainers, as time goes by they are remembered almost as caricatures rather than for their life's work. Sinatra will always be remembered, but most people will know about his "ol' blue eyes" than Songs for Swinging Lovers.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 am

poormadpeter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:Elvis will never again be a big name on the music charts. I think that aspect is done.

I would be more surprised if he was a big name on the music charts. The man has been gone for nearly 36 years. I think it's great that anyone still visits Graceland. I couldn't care less what their reason is for the visit. Whether they are a fan or not, Elvis is still on their minds, even if for a very short time. I took a casual fan to Graceland two years ago and he loved it. He has even bought a couple of CDs and a DVD since then. Elvis still gets new fans every day. Not of the same caliber that we are, but 36 years after his death gaining new fans is a good thing any way you look at it.



About the music charts. I agree completely! Although the charts today are different than they were in Elvis' time. One thing that stood out to me recently was when Justin Beiber had a TV special on 'E' TV and they bragged about him being the highest teen star earning $53 million for the year last year. Guess what? Elvis' estate made way more than that at $65 million. That should tell us all right there that Elvis IS still relevant and bringing in new fans and interest that no other dead entertainer, including Michael Jackson, can draw.


Elvis's estate made that much money because of Graceland. As far as I can ascertain, the cheapest ticket to get into Graceland is $33. So, if all of the visitors chose the cheapest option (which obviously isn;t the case), EPE have already got approx $23 million. Add into that the fact that most people would then buy a souvenir. So let's assume everybody buys a keyring, which is a low-end souvenir at $9. That's another $6.3million in souvenirs AT LEAST. Add to that the fact that most people going to Graceland probably eat in one of the restaurants, and you easily get to a figure close to $40million taken through graceland alone. Add to that the money made from Elvis's name and likeness, royalties for using Elvis's songs in a film or tv programme, and you find not much of that $65m is made from sales of CDs and DVDs!


That just proves my point even further. You see, those artists make the bulk of their money off of ticket sales for concerts, cd sales and if they are lucky, off of a dvd sales. Elvis, meanwhile, makes the bulk of his money off of ticket sales for tours of Graceland, merchandise sales, licensing agreements (said to be more than 250 contracts now), DVD sales for countless of amounts of individual releases and a small percent off of movie and music royalties. That's saying a lot that a company can thrive off of a non living entertainer, yet a superstar like Beiber can't make more. Hmmm

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 am

EPA4368 wrote:
r&b wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:My kids are now 29, 26 and 21. All three like Elvis' music but not all periods, and they enjoy watching only a few of Elvis' movies. Follow That Dream being their favorite. Although it's hard for siblings to agree on anything, they all agree when they were younger especially in high school, it was brutal mentioning they liked Elvis. The other kids, some parents and teachers would bring up Elvis sightings, fat jokes and drugs. They all have their favorite Elvis songs on their iPods, but still hear jokes from others when they play Elvis' music at parties. When I asked, if they had the opportunity, would they visit Graceland on their own or with friends? They all said, no. But they also said, they would go if I wanted them to come along with me. When is Father's Day 2015? It will probably take a couple years for them to agree on when we can all go together.


Very intersting. I used to think the 60's movie period was the low point of Elvis' career, but he was still so young yet and attractive and had time to reinvent himself with the 68 Special, which he did (thank you Steve B.) Now, however, I feel it is the 70's that have done the most harm to Elvis' image. The jumpsuit, cape, sideburns, weight gain, drug fueled shows , that seems to be what people remember and poke fun at the most. Needless to say I am not much of a 70's fan except for maybe 70-72 and even that takes some doing on my part. Vegas destroyed Elvis. Should have been over with after TTWII.


They all love the '68 Special! They also agree Vegas slowly killed Elvis. Should have been over with after TTWII.

Image
Image

My son says the fanatics make it much more difficult being an Elvis fan than the people making fun because of their fanatical views, and doesn't care for Elvis impersonators, saying they also make it difficult being an Elvis fan as well.

Image


Your son is very wise. The horrible impersonators who don't do any justice to his legacy and memory, do the most harm of any.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:Elvis will never again be a big name on the music charts. I think that aspect is done.

I would be more surprised if he was a big name on the music charts. The man has been gone for nearly 36 years. I think it's great that anyone still visits Graceland. I couldn't care less what their reason is for the visit. Whether they are a fan or not, Elvis is still on their minds, even if for a very short time. I took a casual fan to Graceland two years ago and he loved it. He has even bought a couple of CDs and a DVD since then. Elvis still gets new fans every day. Not of the same caliber that we are, but 36 years after his death gaining new fans is a good thing any way you look at it.



About the music charts. I agree completely! Although the charts today are different than they were in Elvis' time. One thing that stood out to me recently was when Justin Beiber had a TV special on 'E' TV and they bragged about him being the highest teen star earning $53 million for the year last year. Guess what? Elvis' estate made way more than that at $65 million. That should tell us all right there that Elvis IS still relevant and bringing in new fans and interest that no other dead entertainer, including Michael Jackson, can draw.


Elvis's estate made that much money because of Graceland. As far as I can ascertain, the cheapest ticket to get into Graceland is $33. So, if all of the visitors chose the cheapest option (which obviously isn;t the case), EPE have already got approx $23 million. Add into that the fact that most people would then buy a souvenir. So let's assume everybody buys a keyring, which is a low-end souvenir at $9. That's another $6.3million in souvenirs AT LEAST. Add to that the fact that most people going to Graceland probably eat in one of the restaurants, and you easily get to a figure close to $40million taken through graceland alone. Add to that the money made from Elvis's name and likeness, royalties for using Elvis's songs in a film or tv programme, and you find not much of that $65m is made from sales of CDs and DVDs!


That just proves my point even further. You see, those artists make the bulk of their money off of ticket sales for concerts, cd sales and if they are lucky, off of a dvd sales. Elvis, meanwhile, makes the bulk of his money off of ticket sales for tours of Graceland, merchandise sales, licensing agreements (said to be more than 250 contracts now), DVD sales for countless of amounts of individual releases and a small percent off of movie and music royalties. That's saying a lot that a company can thrive off of a non living entertainer, yet a superstar like Beiber can't make more. Hmmm


If that proves your point even further the clearly you are missing the point.If you want Elvis to have an impact on the youth of today then it's music and DVD sales that matter not a museum however well it might well be doing.Elvis' music though in my view will always have a place in the world but the days of huge impact chart releases are probably over.


norrie

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

There are many reasons why young people, including children, get hooked or driven in by Elvis today.

*Sex appeal (to the ladies)
*incredible vocalist
*iconic image like no other
*Legendary live performer
*movie star (his movies are a major reason for his longevity believe it or not)
*Graceland tourist attraction (over 600,000 visitors each year since 1982 ain't too shabby)

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 am

norrie wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:Elvis will never again be a big name on the music charts. I think that aspect is done.

I would be more surprised if he was a big name on the music charts. The man has been gone for nearly 36 years. I think it's great that anyone still visits Graceland. I couldn't care less what their reason is for the visit. Whether they are a fan or not, Elvis is still on their minds, even if for a very short time. I took a casual fan to Graceland two years ago and he loved it. He has even bought a couple of CDs and a DVD since then. Elvis still gets new fans every day. Not of the same caliber that we are, but 36 years after his death gaining new fans is a good thing any way you look at it.



About the music charts. I agree completely! Although the charts today are different than they were in Elvis' time. One thing that stood out to me recently was when Justin Beiber had a TV special on 'E' TV and they bragged about him being the highest teen star earning $53 million for the year last year. Guess what? Elvis' estate made way more than that at $65 million. That should tell us all right there that Elvis IS still relevant and bringing in new fans and interest that no other dead entertainer, including Michael Jackson, can draw.


Elvis's estate made that much money because of Graceland. As far as I can ascertain, the cheapest ticket to get into Graceland is $33. So, if all of the visitors chose the cheapest option (which obviously isn;t the case), EPE have already got approx $23 million. Add into that the fact that most people would then buy a souvenir. So let's assume everybody buys a keyring, which is a low-end souvenir at $9. That's another $6.3million in souvenirs AT LEAST. Add to that the fact that most people going to Graceland probably eat in one of the restaurants, and you easily get to a figure close to $40million taken through graceland alone. Add to that the money made from Elvis's name and likeness, royalties for using Elvis's songs in a film or tv programme, and you find not much of that $65m is made from sales of CDs and DVDs!


That just proves my point even further. You see, those artists make the bulk of their money off of ticket sales for concerts, cd sales and if they are lucky, off of a dvd sales. Elvis, meanwhile, makes the bulk of his money off of ticket sales for tours of Graceland, merchandise sales, licensing agreements (said to be more than 250 contracts now), DVD sales for countless of amounts of individual releases and a small percent off of movie and music royalties. That's saying a lot that a company can thrive off of a non living entertainer, yet a superstar like Beiber can't make more. Hmmm


If that proves your point even further the clearly you are missing the point.If you want Elvis to have an impact on the youth of today then it's music and DVD sales that matter not a museum however well it might well be doing.Elvis' music though in my view will always have a place in the world but the days of huge impact chart releases are probably over.


norrie


E.P.E. don't own those rights. Therefor they make what they can off of what they DO own.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am

Your post topic was about Elvis' impact on todays youth not about how much money EPE make.That's a different thing altogether.

norrie

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 am

Also we must not forget 'Elvis The Concert' which played to all age groups. Which other dead star in history could 'tour' the world to capacity audiences? Ticket prices weren't cheap either!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 am

Chris Roberts wrote:Also we must not forget 'Elvis The Concert' which played to all age groups. Which other dead star in history could 'tour' the world to capacity audiences? Ticket prices weren't cheap either!


Yeah,I mentioned that in another topic (elvis doing 2 shows a day was crazy) and we totally agree on the impact it had.Of course there were casual fans there but they knew every song and as you say all age groups from kids to pensioners were represented.

norrie

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 am

This is a great topic! I am 34 and have been a fan since I was 10. The two times I have been to Graceland (05' and 12') it was packed with young people, and I don't mean just little kids being drug in by their parents I mean under 40 who were there for themselves. The times I have been to "Elvis in Concert" in NYC and Memphis (amazing btw) it has been full of young people. A sweet older couple I sat beside in Memphis was blown away at all the younger fans and curious as to how we got to be. Honestly the answer is lot of things, one we grew up knowing who Elvis was from birth he is a part of our culture like MIckey Mouse and Coca Cola, but there comes a point where something draws you in a makes you listen and want to learn who this guy really was and is. For me it was Priscilla, sure she was and is not perfect, she made Elvis more of a human being because of their story together. For instance I love tumblr and it is chock full of girls and guys much younger than me who became Elvis fans largely in part because of the whole Elvis Priscilla love story. And please don't say we have been brainwashed by EPE and Priscilla, I am a grown woman who has travelled the world, served in the military, and holds a master's degree I am not that dumb. I see where both she and the estate have had successes and failures in keeping his legacy what it should be. The worst thing about being a young Elvis fan is the lunatic fans (someone mentioned this above) who were alive when Elvis was. I feel like all the generations after his death are willing to accept him and all his faults and love him anyway, the generation before wants him to stay the way they saw him in their youth, which I can understand but it is frustrating to me. For example the editing of Elvis in the studio, when he is cussing etc... who cares? The guy is a freakin' paradox and that is part of the reason we love him still talk about him. While I don't want new people to think that is all there is, the history nerd in me needs to see the full picture and I think that is only fair to him. EPE is going to have to learn this and I think they are trying at times to please too many masters. What Mr. Presley had written on his son's grave marker " he was truly a gift from God" is exactly right and that gift was and is here for a reason that none of us, nor EPE, nor any critic or author will ever be able to understand, it just is.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:There are many reasons why young people, including children, get hooked or driven in by Elvis today.

*Sex appeal (to the ladies)
*incredible vocalist
*iconic image like no other
*Legendary live performer
*movie star (his movies are a major reason for his longevity believe it or not)
*Graceland tourist attraction (over 600,000 visitors each year since 1982 ain't too shabby)


These are shallow reasons for anyone to want to "like" any performer/artist.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 am

josephinebeau wrote:This is a great topic! I am 34 and have been a fan since I was 10. The two times I have been to Graceland (05' and 12') it was packed with young people, and I don't mean just little kids being drug in by their parents I mean under 40 who were there for themselves. The times I have been to "Elvis in Concert" in NYC and Memphis (amazing btw) it has been full of young people. A sweet older couple I sat beside in Memphis was blown away at all the younger fans and curious as to how we got to be. Honestly the answer is lot of things, one we grew up knowing who Elvis was from birth he is a part of our culture like MIckey Mouse and Coca Cola, but there comes a point where something draws you in a makes you listen and want to learn who this guy really was and is. For me it was Priscilla, sure she was and is not perfect, she made Elvis more of a human being because of their story together. For instance I love tumblr and it is chock full of girls and guys much younger than me who became Elvis fans largely in part because of the whole Elvis Priscilla love story. And please don't say we have been brainwashed by EPE and Priscilla, I am a grown woman who has travelled the world, served in the military, and holds a master's degree I am not that dumb. I see where both she and the estate have had successes and failures in keeping his legacy what it should be. The worst thing about being a young Elvis fan is the lunatic fans (someone mentioned this above) who were alive when Elvis was. I feel like all the generations after his death are willing to accept him and all his faults and love him anyway, the generation before wants him to stay the way they saw him in their youth, which I can understand but it is frustrating to me. For example the editing of Elvis in the studio, when he is cussing etc... who cares? The guy is a freakin' paradox and that is part of the reason we love him still talk about him. While I don't want new people to think that is all there is, the history nerd in me needs to see the full picture and I think that is only fair to him. EPE is going to have to learn this and I think they are trying at times to please too many masters. What Mr. Presley had written on his son's grave marker " he was truly a gift from God" is exactly right and that gift was and is here for a reason that none of us, nor EPE, nor any critic or author will ever be able to understand, it just is.

Fantastic post! :smt023

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 am

Justin wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:There are many reasons why young people, including children, get hooked or driven in by Elvis today.

*Sex appeal (to the ladies)
*incredible vocalist
*iconic image like no other
*Legendary live performer
*movie star (his movies are a major reason for his longevity believe it or not)
*Graceland tourist attraction (over 600,000 visitors each year since 1982 ain't too shabby)


These are shallow reasons for anyone to want to "like" any performer/artist.


Facts are facts.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Facts are facts.

:wink:

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 pm

When Elvis died I was eight years old, that's how I was introduced to the king. The newspapers and TV news reports were shocking, people were crying, celebrities were being interviewed! it was a big deal. At this time in my life I hadn't even heard of Elvis but the glitzy Jumpsuits the history of this man intrigued me and 36 years later I am still a fan. The point I want to make is that even if Graceland has young children visit, a percentage will go on to be life long fans, granted they may only be casual fans but if that leads to them passing that on to other friends and family that will benefit the Elvis legacy.

In my experience Elvis' legacy comes in waves, there will be certain triggers that will reinvigorate fans for a while and then in dissipates for a while. I foresee a time when this will lesson and there will be a basic interest, but for the moment there is still a business out there and we should be glad and support it. Whatever we think of Priscilla and her revisionist history and EPE, they are the key holders of Graceland and Elvis' legacy. In the future when Priscilla and LMP are gone who will take over the reigns with the same passion? Sillerman couldn't make a go of it!

So whilst we might not like tribute artist contests, they are at least a better quality than the average tribute artist and it is newsworthy. Half of what EPE do is abhorrent to the legacy, but if it catches the eye of a potential fan I suppose some of the sh*t they do can be (although I hate to say it) be justified.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:When Elvis died I was eight years old, that's how I was introduced to the king. The newspapers and TV news reports were shocking, people were crying, celebrities were being interviewed! it was a big deal. At this time in my life I hadn't even heard of Elvis but the glitzy Jumpsuits the history of this man intrigued me and 36 years later I am still a fan. The point I want to make is that even if Graceland has young children visit, a percentage will go on to be life long fans, granted they may only be casual fans but if that leads to them passing that on to other friends and family that will benefit the Elvis legacy.

In my experience Elvis' legacy comes in waves, there will be certain triggers that will reinvigorate fans for a while and then in dissipates for a while. I foresee a time when this will lesson and there will be a basic interest, but for the moment there is still a business out there and we should be glad and support it. Whatever we think of Priscilla and her revisionist history and EPE, they are the key holders of Graceland and Elvis' legacy. In the future when Priscilla and LMP are gone who will take over the reigns with the same passion? Sillerman couldn't make a go of it!

So whilst we might not like tribute artist contests, they are at least a better quality than the average tribute artist and it is newsworthy. Half of what EPE do is abhorrent to the legacy, but if it catches the eye of a potential fan I suppose some of the sh*t they do can be (although I hate to say it) be justified.


I think the problem is that it is never going to catch the eye of the potential fan - or it might catch his eye...and put him off.

I agree that these things come in waves, as they do with other similar media such as film - take a look at the scholarship on Chaplin and Keaton, for example, and you will see that their popularity and, more importantly, credibility, comes in waves and each period generally favours one over the other before the tide turns.

So, when I have said here many times that Presley really isn't particularly popular right now (as sales estimates show) it doesn't mean that I don't think he will ever be popular again. As I have said before, all it takes is a film to use him on the soundtrack, or an advertisement, anything that catches the public imagination, and we will be back where we were ten years ago following the remix, when Elv1s and 2nd to none and the 68 comeback and Aloha DVDs sold by the bucketload. But that time isn't now.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

For those who say kids today don't care or aren't inspired, influenced or intrigued by Elvis, here's an article today about a high school in Abilene, TX doing a musical called 'All Shook Up'.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/j ... artner=RSS

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:For those who say kids today don't care or aren't inspired, influenced or intrigued by Elvis, here's an article today about a high school in Abilene, TX doing a musical called 'All Shook Up'.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/j ... artner=RSS



According to Britains Daily Mail who did an article on this. Severall of the parents complained about the suggestive lyrics of 'All Shook Up' and some of them had to be re-writen. Off hand I can't remember which ones, but it is incredible that they would have to do that on 56 year old song!