Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 am

matilda wrote:ask the majority of the youth in the public...they will say "elvis....who?".
in all the many last years i never heard an juvenile hear elvis blasting through his headphones.....and trust me, i saw many and they really play there music loud...


so thinkin that elvis is even known or is cool amongst teenager of today...is ridicilous.....

justin bieber etc. is....but elvis....no...

if somebody says something different..well, you must living a very private life


Justin Beiber is not cool with teenagers his main audience is preteen girls.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:I'll take the 50's Elvs any day of the week over the Aloha caped Elvis.

And I prefer the Madison Square Garden-caped Elvis over all of it (even though I love the '50s).

But that's just the way I (and a lot of other folks) am.

I'll take the 50's any day. The 50's was better than anything he did in the 70's.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Rob wrote:I just hope to hell I never start thinking the way you do. Damn, your posts are depressing.

Have you met Tony?

Your posts are depressing because you can't understand or except other peoples opinion.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Justin wrote:Not sure Doc...it's one of many from SuspiciousMind. He'll never admit it but deep down, he just loves the idea that kids and teengaers love Elvis. it's a boasting point and perhaps even justifies his devotion to Elvis. Personally, I see a desperate guy trying to justify why he's an Elvis fan. Young people love him...so he must be cool!


The only justification anyone needs is this:


phpBB [video]


One listen to this will cure anybodys ills. Thanks Doc.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm

matilda wrote:truth hurts often....elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

he not really even did in the 80s when i grew up....but at least he was known..but not today..sorry...but its true


Do you live in a new-age community in the woods or something?

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:36 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:I'll take the 50's Elvs any day of the week over the Aloha caped Elvis.

And I prefer the Madison Square Garden-caped Elvis over all of it (even though I love the '50s).

But that's just the way I (and a lot of other folks) am.

I'll take the 50's any day. The 50's was better than anything he did in the 70's.


But you wouldn't think that if you thought the 70's was better than anything he did in the 50's!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:54 pm

jungleroombear wrote:
matilda wrote:truth hurts often....elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

he not really even did in the 80s when i grew up....but at least he was known..but not today..sorry...but its true


Do you live in a new-age community in the woods or something?

no, normal big town

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 pm

matilda wrote:...elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

This statement is not entirely true... they may not listen to his music or think "he is cool" as you've stated, but most kids over the age of 12 have heard of Elvis Presley... and I'm sure at some point heard his music. Has he had a "cultural impact" on the youth of today? Of course not... he's been dead for more than 35 years...

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
midnightx wrote:If one ever needed additional evidence that SuspiciousMind is "elvisallc," this thread is it. Welcome back JayKeisha!


What is this person's deal? Always pushing absurd theories about Elvis in the present day?

And you don't? You spend 24-7 on here researching past articles to make yourself look smart. In fact, the whole reason this forum and site exists is because of his relevance. If Elvis wasn't relevant, this place WOULD NOT EXIST!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:22 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
matilda wrote:...elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

This statement is not entirely true... they may not listen to his music or think "he is cool" as you've stated, but most kids over the age of 12 have heard of Elvis Presley... and I'm sure at some point heard his music. Has he had a "cultural impact" on the youth of today? Of course not... he's been dead for more than 35 years...


Not true at all. Elvis may be gone, but it has been well documented time and time again of his ongoing impact on generation after generation. It's a 100% fact that Elvis will still be selling music, tours of Graceland most likely continue, and new ways to introduce him to future generations long after everyone on this forum has passed, possibly on this earth. Greatness does not fade. His name will go on as long as theirs music to be heard. He's a world wide phenomenon and a iconic figure whether some want to accept that or not. Elvis' face appears on more statues now than all of the 44 presidents combined!

If that's not having a cultural impact than what is?

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
matilda wrote:...elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

This statement is not entirely true... they may not listen to his music or think "he is cool" as you've stated, but most kids over the age of 12 have heard of Elvis Presley... and I'm sure at some point heard his music. Has he had a "cultural impact" on the youth of today? Of course not... he's been dead for more than 35 years...


Not true at all. Elvis may be gone, but it has been well documented time and time again of his ongoing impact on generation after generation. It's a 100% fact that Elvis will still be selling music, tours of Graceland most likely continue, and new ways to introduce him to future generations long after everyone on this forum has passed, possibly on this earth. Greatness does not fade. His name will go on as long as theirs music to be heard. He's a world wide phenomenon and a iconic figure whether some want to accept that or not. Elvis' face appears on more statues now than all of the 44 presidents combined!

If that's not having a cultural impact than what is?


Exactly. Then there's Lilo & Stitch. The movie took $145m at the US box office and a further $100m internationally. The DVD sold 3m copies on its first day of release... though i doubt many kids would have seen it or listened to the wonderful Elvis tunes on offer!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
matilda wrote:...elvis is not known or matters among teenagers today.

This statement is not entirely true... they may not listen to his music or think "he is cool" as you've stated, but most kids over the age of 12 have heard of Elvis Presley... and I'm sure at some point heard his music. Has he had a "cultural impact" on the youth of today? Of course not... he's been dead for more than 35 years...


Not true at all. Elvis may be gone, but it has been well documented time and time again of his ongoing impact on generation after generation. It's a 100% fact that Elvis will still be selling music, tours of Graceland most likely continue, and new ways to introduce him to future generations long after everyone on this forum has passed, possibly on this earth. Greatness does not fade. His name will go on as long as theirs music to be heard. He's a world wide phenomenon and a iconic figure whether some want to accept that or not. Elvis' face appears on more statues now than all of the 44 presidents combined!
If that's not having a cultural impact than what is?

That's fantastic! Now if you could possibly give some shred of evidence to support your "claim" that Elvis has had a cultural impact on the youth of today... because none of what you say above does this...

here's an example with regard to the recording Heartbreak Hotel:

... songs that have left an indelible mark on the world. Certain songs have come to define the times in which they appeared as they proved to be the catalyst for the transformation of the cultural and political landscape. Most set trends in music, fashion and dance while flouting convention and testing the boundaries of society's accepted moral values... exploring its cultural impact and the ways that it changed the course of history.

Heartbreak Hotel was not Elvis Presley's first single -- songs like That's Alright Mama, Mystery Train and I Forgot To Remember To Forget, his first national chart-topping hit, predated it by a year -- but it was destined in many ways to define the Elvis persona and arguably become the first rock 'n' roll record. It was a song of teenage angst. Not the puppy love hand-wringing of later songs of the era but the real end-of-the-line, so-lonely-I-could-die variety that in those early days only Elvis and his rebel stance could make ring with authenticity. It established rock 'n' roll as an attitude -- brash, rebellious and sexually- charged -- as much as a musical style and gave it life as the soundtrack for alienated youth even during American boom times in the '50s. John Lennon once commented that if there had been no Elvis, there would have been no Beatles.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Your posts are depressing because you can't understand or except other peoples opinion.

Oh, I can and do most. There are a couple of people's opinions that I care nothing about.

Yours included.

Have a happy!

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Most important thing is that people nowadays have more respect and appreciation for Elvis the artist and what he achieved.
Remember Elvis was seen in the mid-70's as a has been by most of the public and press.

Thanks to Priscilla! and people around her, Elvis his legacy is now where it is and ofcourse we the fans are a big part of that.
Oh before i forget: The internet plays also in this a huge part in!

Like Don Rickles said about Martin Scorsese when he got the life Achievment Award that he was a cadillac of the Filmbusiness,
so is Elvis the standard of pinnacle regarding music/entertainmentbusiness.

His records still today stand out and are the mindgoal for many other artists to be regarded in the business of music.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm

My Godson is 5 years old. The other week at his school they did a play which involved Elvis in some way. Afterwards he said to his mum Uncle Gary likes Elvis. he's only been to mine about 5 times in 2 years. If Elvis wasn't relevant then why have a play involving Elvis for young kids?

My 3 year old grand-daughter knows who Elvis is, mainly because I've got photos of him around the flat. her mum is 24 and she knows who Elvis is (not through me!).

I live in the south of England. I reckon most youngsters know of Elvis as he is mentioned in tv shows, dramas, etc but it doesn't mean they like or even know his music.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Here's A Funny Little Clip I Found To See If Children Know About Elvis Presley On The Jimmy Kimmel Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdHdel39Tvo

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Remember when the 80's LP Rocker came out and Blue Suede Shoes was released on blue vinyl? Well records and 45s were still in vogue then, and the colored wax was a marketing tool to sell that 45 to the youth and collectors alike. Then there was a music video made, and I believe Carl Perkins was even in it. The video was a direct way to get Elvis appeal to the youth of the land. This was even stated. Also remember there was somewhat of a rockabilly revival going on in the 80's which helped tremendously, and also it was Elvis' 50th birthday. This was all nearly 30 years ago! Exactly what is being done today along those lines to market Elvis to the youth? Not much and for good reason. Times have changed drastically and so what? Who cares? There has been so much time in between then and now, does it really matter anymore? If they don't know who he is, so be it. If some do know, great.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:50 pm

r&b wrote: Times have changed drastically and so what? Who cares? There has been so much time in between then and now, does it really matter anymore? If they don't know who he is, so be it. If some do know, great.

exactly. that is the truth.
it does not matter so much what happens at Graceland.
the situation today can't be compared to 1985 or alitte before or after.
I remember that although depeche mode and other bands were the top acts among the youth...and not Elvis...he was dead.....there was still a considerable amount of teenagers who listened to Elvis...
teenagers also did trade pictures of rockstars among them...well, mostly it was springsteen, depeche mode, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc....but also Elvis....you even saw him on buttons on jackets in the 80s among kids.
well, I doubt that the regular kids on a normal highshool talk much about Elvis among themselves.

besides,, the 50s Elvis was extremely hip in the 80s...not the 70s Elvis.

times changed extremely and one should be honest about it.

Re: Elvis' impact on the youth of today and tomorrow

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 pm

docfreem wrote:Here's A Funny Little Clip I Found To See If Children Know About Elvis Presley On The Jimmy Kimmel Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdHdel39Tvo


haha fantastic. Interesting that the kids from the UK (?) recognized Elvis instantly.

This really does bode well for the "youth of today and tomorrow!"