Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

G was right... I can't afford all these FTD's either!!!

Fri May 09, 2003 6:15 am

I really want to pick up the 4 new FTD's but this stuff seems to be coming out faster than I can get my next pay cheque!!!
No complaining here though... keep 'em comin'!!!
I'll find a way.
My wife is going to kill me though. I have bought 8 CD's in the past two weeks:

Sunrise (Amazon)
Moody Blue 24 bit Japanese (Amazon)
Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis 24 bit Japanese (Amazon)
Burbank 68 (FECC)
Too Much Monkey Business (FECC)
Breathing Out Fire
A Hot Winter Night In Dallas
Sun Sessions CD (EBAY)

Man, I've never done that before but I just had to have these.
It may be a while before I can get the new FTD's though.

Fri May 09, 2003 6:20 am

Man, I'm in the same position. They are coming out pretty fast. But I only know how to be broke. I'll keep getting them.
These latest FTD's are great stuff. It would be hard for me not to get these as soon as they are released. :D

8)

Fri May 09, 2003 6:40 am

Do those "24 bits" really make the difference? Sometimes I really wonder.
And on top of that, there's something wrong with the Japanese having the better sound (if true) and not the main U.S. market as well.

And do the screaming girls (artificially enhanced) on Memphis '74 sound any less annoying in 24 bits?

Fri May 09, 2003 6:59 am

same here

i do mine the box sets but when they start putting
4 cds in a row thats to much.

i still havent got the others yet
you know latest ones.

Fri May 09, 2003 7:07 am

Greg,

The studio tracks from Moody Blue are an improvement (sound quality) over the new issued CD Moody Blue / EPB. It's not night and day, but you can tell the difference.

As for the Memphis CD, I have only listened to this once but the main thing I noticed with the 24 bit sound is that there is an awful lot of hiss on this CD.
The audience is the same as the original US release.
I do not prefer this one to the original and would not recommend it.
I hear that the 24 bit MSG CD is better than the original sound but it is definitely not the case with the Memphis show.
I am going to give it another listen tonight.

Fri May 09, 2003 7:10 am

can you still get these 24 bit cds.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 09, 2003 7:11 am

CS,

Check out my original post.

Fri May 09, 2003 7:16 am

Hi elvis-fan
i well check out amazon on that out

curtis simpkins

Fri May 09, 2003 11:13 am

Hey elvis-fan, instead of just buying on eBay, try selling. There are plenty of Canadian-only promos floating around up there for you to sell. It doesn't have to be Elvis. Search on eBay under completed items for "Rare cd" or "promo cd" and sort by price, with highest prices first. Make notes (mental or otherwise) of what/who sells and what doesn't. I started doing this 5 years ago and now I have nearly 1,400 positive feedback and an extra $1-3k a month income. And I'm totally small potatos.

It doesn't even need to be music. Everyone has a little expertise in something. Maybe something to do with your 9-5 job; who knows. But i'm sure you can think of something. put all the money you make from ebay into a certain account which could be your elvis cd account! just a though.