Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Holy crap! Elvis in Hawaii "LIVE"1957 in colour!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Don't expect much details from Angie. She's nice and I even took a pic with her here in Brazil in the Elvis Experience.

But her knowledge about Elvis is weak. One jumpsuit from 1976 was wrongly labelled as 1973. She was told about the mistake but insisted that it was 1973. Anyway, I mean she probably does not have a clue that this footage is indeed rare for Elvis fans.

Re: Holy crap! Elvis in Hawaii

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 pm

rjm wrote:
TJ wrote:
Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Is it true that 15 year-old Ann Dunham attended this show?

I don't know much about her or her history but from what I read she spent her teen years in California and Washington. Though she attended the University of Hawaii she would have not yet been 16 at the time of the show and my guess was she was probably not on the Island then.

Maybe she saw one of the "Aloha" benefit shows in 1973? She could have brought her son along!

Wasn't he living in Indonesia by then?

No. He'd moved back to Hawaii by the time of Aloha.

A whole year of hand-shaking with the public, and nobody asked him!

That should have been an assignment. Someone should have been given this task. Seriously. (So you'd get a few seconds of a quizzical expression and awkward silence; we would have gotten the answer.)

I've wondered about this for four years! Even watched the DVD, looking . . . How cool would that be??

It would be incredibly cool!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:A whole year of hand-shaking with the public, and nobody asked him!

That should have been an assignment. Someone should have been given this task. Seriously. (So you'd get a few seconds of a quizzical expression and awkward silence; we would have gotten the answer.)

I've wondered about this for four years! Even watched the DVD, looking . . . How cool would that be??

So ask him then.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:A whole year of hand-shaking with the public, and nobody asked him!

So ask him then.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

Done!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm

memphisound wrote:This is great stuff after all this time this just now comes to surface would love to have the whole thing with sound a dream come true.

My guessing is this;
This 30 second clip will remain on exibition for a few years, then a Dorsey shows DVD / CD box set will be offifcially released in around 2019 to which this 30 seconds will be added as a 'bonus'. Then, in 2022, the Dorsey shows will be released just as a single DVD and there will be an extra 28 seconds of the Hawaii clip on there. Then, in 2024, MRS will release 11 minutes of this footage with sound dubbed from Hawaii '61 and there will be a book with it.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Tony.. wrote:
memphisound wrote:This is great stuff after all this time this just now comes to surface would love to have the whole thing with sound a dream come true.

My guessing is this;
This 30 second clip will remain on exibition for a few years, then a Dorsey shows DVD / CD box set will be offifcially released in around 2019 to which this 30 seconds will be added as a 'bonus'. Then, in 2022, the Dorsey shows will be released just as a single DVD and there will be an extra 28 seconds of the Hawaii clip on there. Then, in 2024, MRS will release 11 minutes of this footage with sound dubbed from Hawaii '61 and there will be a book with it.

My My you are cynical, I bet you will be proved right though :wink:

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

My guessing is this;

My My you are cynical, I bet you will be proved right though :wink:

Yes, like I was when the 3 DVD "Ed Sullivan" box set came out, I predicted the single DVD 'just Elvis performances' re-release!! :P

Re: Holy crap! Elvis in Hawaii 1957 in colour!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

r&b wrote:Very nice. With all the live 1957 shows he did, It is a shame nothing was professionally recorded or filmed. Maybe my biggest regret in his whole career.

It always amazes me that no one ever thought of taping or filming one of his shows in '57 :roll: Considering, Elvis was at his best has a live former in '57, plus he was without a doubt the most famous person on the planet :? The mania that was going on around him at the time...i'm sure the press were always on hand to capture him coming out of hotels, auditoriums etc. But not too much has surfaced, except for the odd bit of news reel footage.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Alexander wrote:
Robt wrote:2035 would be better :lol:

2077 more likely! :lol:

Damn!!! I won't be around then. :cry:

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
r&b wrote:Very nice. With all the live 1957 shows he did, It is a shame nothing was professionally recorded or filmed. Maybe my biggest regret in his whole career.

It always amazes me that no one ever thought of taping or filming one of his shows in '57 :roll: Considering, Elvis was at his best has a live former in '57, plus he was without a doubt the most famous person on the planet :? The mania that was going on around him at the time...i'm sure the press were always on hand to capture him coming out of hotels, auditoriums etc. But not too much has surfaced, except for the odd bit of news reel footage.

Yes, there seems to be more 70's footage like this due to cameras and camera equipment being more accessible, easier to come by etc. A few bits have turned up on the overpriced JAT DVD's, but usually with no sound and / or cropped picture etc.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:01 am

Don't know how many of you were around in '57; but 8mm films were expensive ... especially in color and that was for a reel of film lasting from 3 to 4.5 minutes depending on recording speed. I don't know the exact price but it was at least 3or 4 times Black and white. Also most amatuer cameras and probably 16mm cameras DIDN'T have sound capabilities..... even in '72 I had to record audio of my daughter on tape seperately. most home movies from the '50s and '60's consisted of life of usually 30 to 60 seconds. with lengths of only 3 to 4.5 minutes it usually ran out quick.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 am

The Vaults on the Graceland grounds has lots of this type of footage along with thousands of unseen photographs, clothing, documents, Elvis childhood report cards, etc.. Rather we ever get to see a all this stuff in our lifetime is another story.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 am

Tony.. wrote:

My guessing is this;

You pretty much NAILED IT Tony..
Like drinking water in the desert,you can't have the whole gallon,only a little slip at a time...

but hey,any new unseen stuff on Elvis wither it be photos ,videos,concerts,or whatever is a joy to me.
Would i like too see more,sure.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:16 am

Angie from the Elvis archives at Graceland is talking about this footage on Elvis radio... apparently there is alot more of this footage from the 4 day ship ride to Hawaii & she said there is also footage of Elvis getting out of his limo going to the concert w. him wearing his gold lame' jacket!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 am

JEFF d wrote:Angie from the Elvis archives at Graceland is talking about this footage on Elvis radio... apparently there is alot more of this footage from the 4 day ship ride to Hawaii & she said there is also footage of Elvis getting out of his limo going to the concert w. him wearing his gold lame' jacket!

JEFF d
EP fan

Brilliant News Indeed - Ty Jeffd - I just hope they release them buddy -

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 am

JEFF d wrote:Angie from the Elvis archives at Graceland is talking about this footage on Elvis radio... apparently there is alot more of this footage from the 4 day ship ride to Hawaii & she said there is also footage of Elvis getting out of his limo going to the concert w. him wearing his gold lame' jacket!

JEFF d
EP fan

That seals it for me then for the source.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 am

JamesVRoy wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

There was no doubt IMO, Angie also mentioned that the film was in fact accuired from the estate of a man who had once worked security w. Elvis in the 50s

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:41 pm

JEFF d wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

There was no doubt IMO, Angie also mentioned that the film was in fact accuired from the estate of a man who had once worked security w. Elvis in the 50s

JEFF d
EP fan

I didn't doubt it, I suspected it from the beginning but I just couldn't confirm it. Thanks for the updates.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 am

This is fantastic. Oh, it is wonderful to be an Elvis-Fan. It goes on and on. It will never end. :smt007

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 am

JEFF d
EP fan

This is great reading, just hope someday its put out for the public to enjoy.
I always knew EPE held the gold mine when it come to Elvis archives!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 am

Oh, I hope and wish that someday the really definitive DVD-Box from EPE will come. :smt007

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Winston wrote:Oh, I hope and wish that someday the really definitive DVD-Box from EPE will come. :smt007

Yes and before us oldies kick the bucket preferably!! If it doesn't come out in the next 20-30 years, there's gonna be hell-to-pay at them pearly gates!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCJqL72qX8g

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm

This makes me want to pull my hair out knowing that EPE is keeping film like this locked away in their Elvis Vaults.I can only imagine what they have hidden away from us fans,we will all be dead by the time they release everything :smt093

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 pm

JEFF d
EP fan

How much more footage is there of the concert - that's what I want to know!!!!!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 pm

This has been out since late Dec '12. It's part of the new Hawaii Section at Graceland. Quite Exciting!!! What else could EPE put out? :?