Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW Straight Arrow: Hot Love In A Long, Cold Winter

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Robt wrote:Somebody tell Straight Arrow to pull his wallet and fingers out and acquire the Tulsa 7-4-1976 show. Bugger 1977 concerts.

4 messages of yours containing the words Tulsa & 1976 should be more then enough rob lol

I for one welcome this release Both dates are elvis performing more then an OK job. Soundboard doesnt capture everything, and hides some things then when u have a audience tape.
Why cant no label do a job where they mix the soundboard and audience recording together, that way u get a diffrent kind of quality

EVERY SINGLE SHOW will be re-released again in this style over the next 20 or so years on the forthcoming Fort Arrow label!!!! :smt003

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Ciscoking wrote:sound samples...ladies and gents..

Februray 14, 1977 - CD 1

Februray 18, 1977 CD 2

Februray 18, 1977 CD 2 - 2

These samples could be from ANY show from 1976 or 77. Are you sure you're not posting the same samples for each cd over and over again?! LOL

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Tony.. wrote:
EVERY SINGLE SHOW will be re-released again in this style over the next 20 or so years on the forthcoming Fort Arrow label!!!! :smt003

Tony.. wrote:
These samples could be from ANY show from 1976 or 77. Are you sure you're not posting the same samples for each cd over and over again?! LOL

Tony...please stop badmouthing my postings..they are for those who are interested....if you are not..which is obviously the case..please be either friendly or just don`t respond..thank you...

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Tony.. wrote:

Tony...please stop badmouthing my postings..they are for those who are interested....if you are not..which is obviously the case..please be either friendly or just don`t respond..thank you...

Did you not notice the LOL on the end of my most friendly and jovial posting?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Robt wrote:Somebody tell Straight Arrow to pull his wallet and fingers out and acquire the Tulsa 7-4-1976 show. Bugger 1977 concerts.

4 messages of yours containing the words Tulsa & 1976 should be more then enough rob lol

I for one welcome this release Both dates are elvis performing more then an OK job. Soundboard doesnt capture everything, and hides some things then when u have a audience tape.
Why cant no label do a job where they mix the soundboard and audience recording together, that way u get a diffrent kind of quality

haha?? every single show hasnt been released yet. But if all concerts elvis ever did where recorded and released on straight arrow count me in since they never let down the fans who DO like them..

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The concert from February 14 we only had on an incomplete SB before..so debut here in full length on silver disc in great audiene recorded sound. This alone makes it worthwhile for collectors. The other show we already had but not in this good sound. Both shows spring from a good tour and are worthwhile getting..when you know what to expect from a good show from 1977...it`s not top notch like 1970..we all know of course...

This tour is responsible for some of the worst photo's of Elvis ever taken, the infamous Hollywood Florida photo's Feb 12th 1977, It's hard to believe that this is actually a good tour when you see Elvis looking so ill?

i agree, Elvis gave a pretty good performance on February 12 1977, while looking way overweight, but seen on footage elvis was enjoying his show alot, His guitar strip broke during the end of see see rider so elvis put his guitar in the air, then performed i got a woman-amen without a guitar.

What was scary. Elvis looked really big on Feb 12, and was looking a whole lot thinner just two days later. Elvis in Rapid City looked thinner than Elvis in Hollywood, Flordia.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

fg76 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The concert from February 14 we only had on an incomplete SB before..so debut here in full length on silver disc in great audiene recorded sound. This alone makes it worthwhile for collectors. The other show we already had but not in this good sound. Both shows spring from a good tour and are worthwhile getting..when you know what to expect from a good show from 1977...it`s not top notch like 1970..we all know of course...

This tour is responsible for some of the worst photo's of Elvis ever taken, the infamous Hollywood Florida photo's Feb 12th 1977, It's hard to believe that this is actually a good tour when you see Elvis looking so ill?

i agree, Elvis gave a pretty good performance on February 12 1977, while looking way overweight, but seen on footage elvis was enjoying his show alot, His guitar strip broke during the end of see see rider so elvis put his guitar in the air, then performed i got a woman-amen without a guitar.

What was scary. Elvis looked really big on Feb 12, and was looking a whole lot thinner just two days later. Elvis in Rapid City looked thinner than Elvis in Hollywood, Flordia.

like i sayd elvis was way overweight, but it didnt effect much of the performances that day

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm

Hurt from 14th sounds clear indeed-nice
from 18th fairytale and love letters are also clear, but with more noisy fans present...also Elvis sounds quite different vocally in these 18th Feb 77' samples.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Not too impressed by the sound. My soundboard and current audience tape will do.
Elvis in Feb '77 was doing ok compared to the other tours of the year, his voice is not in the best shape though.
The difference compared to previous Dec tour was immense.
Sad.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 pm

YDKM wrote:Hurt from 14th sounds clear indeed-nice
from 18th fairytale and love letters are also clear, but with more noisy fans present...also Elvis sounds quite different vocally in these 18th Feb 77' samples.

you gotta admit love letters is performed good thou :D

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm

The tape for the Feb. 18 show runs way too fast. Will that be corrected before the release?

That's a fun(ny) version of "Fairytale," one might say. :wink:

Februray 18, 1977 CD 2

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Robert wrote:Not too impressed by the sound. My soundboard and current audience tape will do.
Elvis in Feb '77 was doing ok compared to the other tours of the year, his voice is not in the best shape though.
The difference compared to previous Dec tour was immense.
Sad.

Bring on the next one........

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 pm

OK Tony..... the next one will be 'absolutely brilliant' because its SA....and i already KNOW what it is!~ :wink: :lol: :D

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Out shortly is the new Straight Arrow release “Hot Love In A Long, Cold Winter”.....

Oh yeah! Is that the one where the three frisky Russian soldiers take the peasant girl up to the ..er...to the ...um ....

Oh no, that was a video. This is something entirely different. Ever so sorry folks. Proceed.... :oops:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Tony...please stop badmouthing my postings..they are for those who are interested....if you are not..which is obviously the case..please be either friendly or just don`t respond..thank you...

Tony has a reputation of being a little on the negative side. However, don't be too hard on him.

It is constantly raining right down on him wherever he goes.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:51 pm

hm80ep wrote:The tape for the Feb. 18 show runs way too fast. Will that be corrected before the release?

Februray 18, 1977 CD 2

Nope. It's on it's way to my mailbox. Possibly I'll get it tomorrow.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Joern wrote:
hm80ep wrote:The tape for the Feb. 18 show runs way too fast. Will that be corrected before the release?

Februray 18, 1977 CD 2

Nope. It's on it's way to my mailbox. Possibly I'll get it tomorrow.

Oh. Then Touchdown it is.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 pm

theirs actually NO guarantee the 'touchdown' will even come out!~ :roll:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

YDKM wrote:OK Tony..... the next one will be 'absolutely brilliant' because its SA....and i already KNOW what it is!~ :wink: :lol: :D

No need to give away all details here.
But as a teaser, just name year and state of the release.
We'll do the guessing :wink:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm

1976 - Texas.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Rob wrote:1976 - Texas.

2:30 PM?
That would be something :|

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 pm

It will be a mythbuster of gigantic proportions.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Not 1976....next .. because we want to save a better 1976 show for Rob later!~ :wink: :lol:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Rob wrote:It will be a mythbuster of gigantic proportions.

What will be the mythbuster? Elvis didn't fell off the stage in Houston, TX in 1976 and did give a brillant show instead!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 pm

YDKM wrote:Not 1976....next .. because we want to save a better 1976 show for Rob later!

The only 1976 show that I would really look forward to would be from December 27th.