Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW Straight Arrow: Hot Love In A Long, Cold Winter

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It`s just a good release. with two of the better shows from 1977 with good sound,,...I think we all agree..
Audience recordings par excellence..

and i listen to both shows again TODAY.... i close my eyes and open my ears and i feel i am their!~ :D

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm

YDKM wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:It`s just a good release. with two of the better shows from 1977 with good sound,,...I think we all agree..

and i listen to both shows again TODAY.... i close my eyes and open my ears and i feel i am their!~ :D

Nothing can beat the live atmosphere of a good audience recording.... ::rocks

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 pm

YDKM wrote:i close my eyes and open my ears and i feel i am their!

There.

This is definitely a worthwhile release for collectors of such things.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 am

Yes in Columbia Elvis played to 20,000 people in his biggest show that tour.Obviously a very large crowd and i'm sure people left quite pleased after this good show!~ :D

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 am

YDKM wrote:Yes in Columbia Elvis played to 20,000 people in his biggest show that tour.Obviously a very large crowd and i'm sure people left quite pleased after this good show!~ :D

The max capacity for Chicago Stadium was 18,676 (basketball).

Chicago Stadium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Stadium

If Elvis sold out his Chicago gigs on May 1 and 2, that's ~37,000 folks.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
YDKM wrote:Yes in Columbia Elvis played to 20,000 people in his biggest show that tour.Obviously a very large crowd and i'm sure people left quite pleased after this good show!~ :D

Chicago Stadium

and also Guess What...the previous STRAIGHT ARROW release!~ :smt004

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 am

YDKM wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Chicago Stadium

and also Guess What...the previous STRAIGHT ARROW release!~ :smt004

?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 am

im really not interested in hearing shows from 1977 anymore i have enough in my collection to hold me if i get the urge to hear one... I WISH we could get some on tour shows from 1973 in this sound quality!

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 am

Don't worry i heard TODAY from SA that more pre-77' shows will be coming our way soon-so something to look forward too!~ :D
sorry in advance but i cannot name them until its 'announced' :wink: :|

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 am

YDKM wrote:Don't worry i heard TODAY from SA that more pre-77' shows will be coming our way soon-so something to look forward too!~ :D

1957, perhaps?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am

no try some dates in the 70's.... but B4 1976 :wink:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 pm

YDKM wrote:Don't worry i heard TODAY from SA that more pre-77' shows will be coming our way soon-so something to look forward too!~ :D

What's that smell??? Oh, it's the smell of more money going up in smoke!! :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

I don't mind.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Recently i ended up collecting the latest SA releases + touchdown*/showroom* labels of Las Vegas boring engagement Winter 1973.28/1/73 M/S and 22/2/73 M/S.... STILL if the sound is 'listenable' to 'good' then i am happy buying these releases... because its the closest thing to pretending we are THERE!~ :P

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 pm

YDKM wrote:no try some dates in the 70's.... but B4 1976 :wink:

Shall I..?.. :wink:

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 am

Interestingly this release apparently has just come out and is being sold? "Elvis Collectors CD - Welcome To Paradise City" anyone have it and able to comment or compare sound quality? :|

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am

yes i have paradise city already for over 2 weeks. sound is almost the same on both, no really difference because it´s same source i think.
BUT i´d like the touchdown release better because the show runs in correct speed on it, on straight arrows it´s a bit too fast.
paradise city has also a very nice booklet. for me most important is the music so i prefer correct speed of course because that sounds as elvis sounds that day in feb.77 and the show is not bad, really.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 pm

That's very interesting because after hearing the SA sound samples from Columbia i was not impressed, but after getting the double CD and hearing it it sounded 'fine ' to me anyhow shall give it another listen tonight. :?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm

For an audience recording, I will go the Straight Arrow route any day of the week.

Twice on Sunday.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 pm

YDKM wrote:

One can almost feel the popcorn stuck in one's beard!! :lol:

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Rob wrote:For an audience recording, I will go the Straight Arrow route any day of the week.

Twice on Sunday.

My words.... ::rocks

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:34 am

Could someone post some samples of the CDs? Im a little burned on audience record lately, after a couple of then failed to live up to my expectations. If somebody could pm with samples it would be great ::rocks

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 am

I listened to the SA Columbia show again today..... sounds at correct speed to my ears and if it isn't what parts are too slow or fast?
sound recorded in such a loud Audience is going to be 'noisy' and it IS still a fine concert though. :?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Oven has updated his fantastic website..thanks Oven..I scrolled through his bootleg news section and
found that he only lists audience recordings by Straight Arrow and Audionics..this man knows what he
is talking about... :wink:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 am

Sergio Luiz wrote:Could someone post some samples of the CDs? Im a little burned on audience record lately, after a couple of then failed to live up to my expectations. If somebody could pm with samples it would be great ::rocks

Hot Love In A Long Cold Winter
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/hotlov ... winter.htm