Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Graceland - January 5th - 8th, 2013

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Anyone going to Memphis this weekend?
The weather forecast for Tuesday is shaping up nicely even though it'll be a little breezy >> http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/M ... N0325:1:US

Activities >> http://www.elvis.com/events/birthday_celebration.aspx

Re: Graceland - January 5th - 8th, 2013

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 pm

I was going to but i haven't updated my life insurance policy so im giving it a miss.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Bodie wrote:I was going to but i haven't updated my life insurance policy so im giving it a miss.

:lol: There's no need to worry, Bodie. The good people with guns will protect you from the bad people with guns here in the good ol' USA.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 am

Blue River wrote:
Bodie wrote:I was going to but i haven't updated my life insurance policy so im giving it a miss.

:lol: There's no need to worry, Bodie. The good people with guns will protect you from the bad people with guns here in the good ol' USA.

Thanks. :D

Seriously though, Memphis this time of year is fantastic.

I've been twice in January and its so much better than in August.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 am

This year's Memphis Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert celebration - titled Aloha Elvis! - is one of the birthday celebration events presented over the next few days by Elvis Presley Enterprises.
Most of Saturday night's show at the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts will be highlights from the "Aloha From Hawaaii" concert.

The first part of the concert will be familiar songs from Elvis' films, but done with new arrangements, although, Terry Mike Jeffrey says, there are a couple of interesting exceptions.

In 1975, Glen Hardin wrote a new arrangement of "Young and Beautiful". Unfortunately, Elvis never performed it, so Terry Mike Jeffrey brought it out of the archives and will perform it with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra.

Jeffrey wiil also perform an R&B or soul arrangement of "Baby I Don't Care".
"We're always looking forward", Jeffrey says. "There's always room to do something new and fresh."

Terry Mike Jeffrey and his band have been regulars at the Elvis Pops Concert for the last 10 years. "It's always a good vibe in the Cannon Center", he says, "and everybody has a good time."

Source - gomemphis.com

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Blue River wrote:This year's Memphis Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert celebration - titled Aloha Elvis! - is one of the birthday celebration events presented over the next few days by Elvis Presley Enterprises.
Most of Saturday night's show at the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts will be highlights from the "Aloha From Hawaaii" concert.

The first part of the concert will be familiar songs from Elvis' films, but done with new arrangements, although, Terry Mike Jeffrey says, there are a couple of interesting exceptions.

In 1975, Glen Hardin wrote a new arrangement of "Young and Beautiful". Unfortunately, Elvis never performed it, so Terry Mike Jeffrey brought it out of the archives and will perform it with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra.

Jeffrey wiil also perform an R&B or soul arrangement of "Baby I Don't Care".
"We're always looking forward", Jeffrey says. "There's always room to do something new and fresh."

Terry Mike Jeffrey and his band have been regulars at the Elvis Pops Concert for the last 10 years. "It's always a good vibe in the Cannon Center", he says, "and everybody has a good time."

Source - gomemphis.com

My friends and I went to this event in January 2008 and it was very enjoyable.

Just before we got there we had a drink in this bar and we spotted James Burton and his wife sitting at a table and we went over and had a nice chat with James and got some photos taken with him as well.

When we was at the venue, waiting for the show to start and watching the people arriving, James Burton saw us and waved to us :)

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm

I may go after I get out of the shooting range at Don's Guns then all I have to do is oil up Smith And Wesson 40 Cal , wipe down my Stoeger Cougar Compact 9mm, and lock up my 3 Bersa MiniThunders and my Colt 45 next to my 2 Uzi 9mm's and I'll be on my way Blue River!
::rocks

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 pm

promiseland wrote:I may go after I get out of the shooting range at Don's Guns then all I have to do is oil up Smith And Wesson 40 Cal , wipe down my Stoeger Cougar Compact 9mm, and lock up my 3 Bersa MiniThunders and my Colt 45 next to my 2 Uzi 9mm's and I'll be on my way Blue River!

Go ahead, make Blue River's day. :lol:

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 pm

promiseland wrote:I may go after I get out of the shooting range at Don's Guns then all I have to do is oil up Smith And Wesson 40 Cal , wipe down my Stoeger Cougar Compact 9mm, and lock up my 3 Bersa MiniThunders and my Colt 45 next to my 2 Uzi 9mm's and I'll be on my way Blue River!

It's people like you who would make Clint Eastwood, John Wayne & Charlton Heston proud.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:55 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

It's people like you who would make Clint Eastwood, John Wayne & Charlton Heston proud.

And don't forget Elvis Presley. smt201

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Blue River wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

And don't forget Elvis Presley. smt201

Yeah ain't that something! People on here putting down owning guns like it's the ultimate sin, and at the same time spending half their life on a forum dedicated to a man who was a Gun Collector :roll: ... --> Hypocrites...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by promiseland on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Would be nice to visit Memphis again...., but not this year

rlj