Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

This is Elvis ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Just shows how u forget things over the years, just watched the Disc 2 which includes the extended version with 45 extra minutes of footage, and almost fell off my chair with the Diamond Joe footage of finding Elvis at Graceland, plus all the Hospital stuff, its all in FULL FRAME but so much stuff not in the original version shown in theaters, anyone else watched the video version recently ?

Re: This is Elvis ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Just shows how u forget things over the years, just watched the Disc 2 which includes the extended version with 45 extra minutes of footage, and almost fell off my chair with the Diamond Joe footage of finding Elvis at Graceland, plus all the Hospital stuff, its all in FULL FRAME but so much stuff not in the original version shown in theaters, anyone else watched the video version recently ?

i quite often return to it for my video editing

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Just shows how u forget things over the years, just watched the Disc 2 which includes the extended version with 45 extra minutes of footage, and almost fell off my chair with the Diamond Joe footage of finding Elvis at Graceland, plus all the Hospital stuff, its all in FULL FRAME but so much stuff not in the original version shown in theaters, anyone else watched the video version recently ?

You do know it's just a re-enactment right?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Hey promise, this is New Year, not April fool ........ it was really Diamond Joe though ......... did think the young guy who played him at humes looked too young for some of the later stuff too

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 am

Hey I thought the 1975 footage in the hospital was real for years until the actor died.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:14 am

I haven't watched either version for years. Might be time for a few more video to DVD conversions.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 am

dannyboy1 wrote:I haven't watched either version for years. Might be time for a few more video to DVD conversions.

This is a good biographical film - Its better than Elvis The Movie With Kurt Russell -
This is the best biographical film ta date for us Elvis fans -
I Love the extended version of film too that was not shown in theater -
I remember going to London to watch Premiere when it was released In 80's . I Loved It -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 am

karlos wrote:This is the best biographical film ta date for us Elvis fans -
I Love the extended version of film too that was not shown in theater...

Ral Donner's narration just gets better and better.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:40 am

fg76 wrote:Hey I thought the 1975 footage in the hospital was real for years until the actor died.

Really? Hope you didn't think that was really Elvis visiting his sick mother in the hospital.

Isn't the sound of the extra material louder than the rest of movie, making it stand out?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Mister Mike wrote:
fg76 wrote:Hey I thought the 1975 footage in the hospital was real for years until the actor died.

Really? Hope you didn't think that was really Elvis visiting his sick mother in the hospital.
Isn't the sound of the extra material louder than the rest of movie, making it stand out?

I think the Airplane was alittle bit of a giveway there.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 am

dannyboy1 wrote:I haven't watched either version for years. Might be time for a few more video to DVD conversions.

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy the dvd? You can get it really cheap!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm

steve in SC wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy the dvd? You can get it really cheap!

I was thinking the exact same thing. The footage at the end of Elvis singing, "My Way" and ending with "American Trilogy" with footage from the funeral is very emotional.....

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am

fg76 wrote:Hey I thought the 1975 footage in the hospital was real...

When I saw it at the theater I thought the same thing.