Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Flaming Star ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Do u think that this was the last decent film by Elvis, after all it was directed by DON [DIRTY HARRY] SIEGAL, or did it really end with King Creole ?

Re: Flaming Star ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 pm

I think it's the best nonmusical (almost) film Elvis made in the 60's. It's a western far better than Charro snd Stay Away, Joe.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 pm

The last "decent" film Elvis made was Change Of Habit.

Flaming Star is in my top 5 favorites.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Do u think that this was the last decent film by Elvis, after all it was directed by DON [DIRTY HARRY] SIEGAL, or did it really end with King Creole ?

last decent film, hmm nah. the last decent film was i think Live A Little Love A Little.

my top 5 is this thou

- Stay Away Joe (Got a soft spot for dominic the most hated song on this forum, unless thats my boy)
- Change Of Habit (Shows part of elvis his real side)
- Girl Happy (You gotta love shelley fabares :smt007 )
- Live A Little Love A Little (Contains good songs, and the story is also quite funny)
- Clambake (i dont like the song clambake really, but the movie overall is nice and again shelley fabares :smt007 )

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:I think it's the best nonmusical (almost) film Elvis made in the 60's. It's a western far better than Charro snd Stay Away, Joe.

i like the way they only putted the songs for this movie in the first 20 minutes of the movie so it doesnt get frustrated

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Live a Little Love a Little and Change of habit are both quite good for his later movies but as far as Flaming Star goes I think its a good film but none of his movies was as good as his pre army ones.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Was that down to the new "Elvis" image they were promoting ? he just couldnt be the "wild" one anymore ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 pm

I can sense his self conciousness too much in Flaming Star.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
dennyelvis wrote:Do u think that this was the last decent film by Elvis, after all it was directed by DON [DIRTY HARRY] SIEGAL, or did it really end with King Creole ?

last decent film, hmm nah. the last decent film was i think Live A Little Love A Little.

my top 5 is this thou

- Stay Away Joe (Got a soft spot for dominic the most hated song on this forum, unless thats my boy)
- Change Of Habit (Shows part of elvis his real side)
- Girl Happy (You gotta love shelley fabares :smt007 )
- Live A Little Love A Little (Contains good songs, and the story is also quite funny)
- Clambake (i dont like the song clambake really, but the movie overall is nice and again shelley fabares :smt007 )

Wow, those are 'unusual' choices to say the least!!! And I wasn't aware that "Live a little, love a little" actually HAD a story!! LOL

MY top 5 (for what it's worth);
KING CREOLE
ROUSTABOUT
FLAMING STAR
ELVIS ON TOUR
CHARRO

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Rob wrote:The last "decent" film Elvis made was Change Of Habit.

Flaming Star is in my top 5 favorites.

+1