Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD concert CD and DVD sets?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

From the big talk about the MSG DVD and the wish of a NYE 76 DVD - it got me wondering about major concerts Elvis did and collecting film and photos to do a DVD/CD combo. Makes me wish the cameras had been around during those seven years.

Here are some shows I wish FTD would issue or reissue with perhaps a DVD.

August 3, 1969: I doubt any footage exists of the actual show, but this is the beginning of Vegas. Still find the show better than the shows he did later in the season. You'd think a smart businessman like Parker would have pirate-filmed a 1969 show, but then again who knew they'd be so drastically different from the 1970 ones.

Houston Astrodome 1970: Another head-scratcher, as you'd think something would have been filmed or even recorded on the tape deck. First stadium show (tour show) in almost nine years.

August 12, 1969: Majority recorded by MGM, but dealing with those suits would be impossible. Still, this would be a show to have.

MSG 1972: Already done, but I wanted to list it.

Hawaii 1972: Restore the existing film, and release the concert of Hawaii pre-Aloha.

March 20, 1974: Was Memphis filmed by anyone? Fans, news, anybody? One of the first last stands.

Vegas March 1975: Never seen any film from this era. I've seen a lot from August though.

July 19, 1975: Both shows. (Enjoy the spinning guitar routine during See See Rider)

July 23, 1975: The best show of the Ashville shows. I think Elvis striped his voice, as e wasn't as good the following night - but did a lot of unusual songs the following night.

December 31, 1975: Many pan this show, but I always liked it. I know there is a good 8mm film set out there of there, and also a very bad one too. I liked the unusual stage set-up and Elvis swinging around 180 during See See Rider. Being a big arena, t should have been close-circuited onto big screens. Elvis didn't look great, but it wasn't that bad.

July 5, 1976: The final Memphis show. Maybe one of the better sub-standard 1976 shows. Elvis' voice was all bass here, but he pulled off a passable show.

October 14, 1976: Soundboard exists, and good 8mm footage exists. He got better, however, as the tour progressed.

December 4, 1976: One of the better Vegas shows from the period.

December 31, 1976: The best show of 1976, and it should have been close-circuited filmed secretly and edited for CBS. Just saying,

April 24, 1977: One of the better 1977 shows, if not the best one out there.

June 21, 1977: Still find it to be a great show, in spite of what it was. Forgot a re-release d Elvis In Concert - just privately FTD release the June 21 show.

Re: FTD concert CD and DVD sets?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

according to this site alot was filmed

http://www.rareelvispresley.com/

''-JANUARY & FEBRUARY 1969 MEMPHIS FOOTAGE OF ELVIS RECORDING AT THE "AMERICAN STUDIO" IN MEMPHIS
-JULY 31 1969 "LAS VEGAS" APPROXIMATELY 12 TO 15 MINUTED OF THIS PERFORMANCE WAS FILMED BY NBC. ALTHOUGH IT IS RUMOURED THAT THE BOOTLEG RELEASE OF THIS SHOW IS TAKEN FROM FILM FOOTAGE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THE WHOLE SHOW WAS FILMED (UNCOMFIRMED)
-AUGUST 5 1969 "LAS VEGAS" FROM OUR SOURCES IT APPEARS THAT ONLY 3 TO 5 SONGS WERE FILMED FROM THIS SHOW
-FEBRUARY 17 & 18 1970 "LAS VEGAS "THERE WERE THREE COMPLETE CONCERTS FILMED OVER 2 DAYS + ONE REHEARSAL
-FEBRUARY 27 1970 "HOUSTON ASTRODOME" THE OPENING SHOW WAS FILMED IN IT'S ENTIRETY

FILMING FOR MGM
"THAT'S THE WAY IT IS"
JULY 14 1970 MGM STAGE 1 "CULVER CITY" REHEARSAL
JULY 29 1970 MGM STAGE 1 "CULVER CITY" REHEARSAL
AUGUST 4 1970 "LAS VEGAL INTER. HOTEL" PRESS CONFERENCE ROOM / REHEARSAL
AUGUST 6/7 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" SHOW ROOM / REHEARSAL
AUGUST 10 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" SHOW ROOM / REHEARSAL
AUGUST 10 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" OPENING SHOW + AFTER SHOW PARTY
AUGUST 11 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" DS + MS
AUGUST 12 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" DS + MS
AUGUST 13 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" DS
AUGUST 14 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" DS
AUGUST 15 1970 "LAS VEGAS INTER. HOTEL" DS
SEPTEMBER 9 1970 "PHOENIX" VETERAN MEMORIAL COLISEUM
AUGUST 9 1971 "LAS VEGAS" AT LEAST 7 PERFORMANCES WERE FILMED DURING THIS CONCERT
NOVEMBER 10 1971 "BOSTON" THIS SHOW WAS FILMED IN IT'S ENTERETY
JANUARY 26 1972 "LAS VEGAS" 2 CAMERAS FILMED OPENING NIGHT
FILMING FOR MGM
"ELVIS ON TOUR"
MARCH 30 1972 "RCA HOLLYWOOD STUDIO" FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
MARCH 31 1972 "RCA HOLLYWOOD STUDIO" FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 5 1972 "BUFFALO" NY CONFERENCE ROOM FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 5 1972 "BUFFALO" NY FILMED USING A MOBILE VIDEO CAMERA
APRIL 9 1972 "HAMPTON" / 2 CONCERTS / FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 10 1972 "RICHMOND" FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 13 1972 "CHARLOTTE" FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 15 1972 "MACON" / 2 CONCERTS / FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 16 1972 "JACKSONVILLE" / 2 CONCERTS / + AFTER SHOW FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
APRIL 18 1972 "SAN ANTONIO" FILMED WITH MGM CAMERAS
JUNE 9 1972 "MADISON SQUARE GARDEN" NY THERE IS APPROXIMATELY 40 MINUTES OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTAGES
NOVEMBER 18 1972 "THE H.I.C. ARENA, HONOLULU HAWAII" AT LEAST 4 SONGS WERE FILMED DURING THIS SHOW
JANUARY 23 1973 "LAS VEGAS" A MINIMUM OF 7 SONGS FROM THIS CONCERT IS ON FILM AND IN THE HANDS OF COLLECTOR

MAY 11 1974 "THE FORUM, LA" THE EVENING SHOW WAS FILMED IN IT'S ENTIRETY
MARCH 20 1974 "MIDSOUTH COLISEUM MEMPHIS" 2 CAMERAS FILMED THIS SHOW / CAMERA 1 CAUGHT ONLY THE FIRST 8 MINUTES BUT CAMERA 2 CAPTURED AN ESTIMATED 95% OF THE ENTIRE CONCERT
MAY 5 1975 "STATE FAIR COLISEUM JACKSON", MS LOCAL TV FILMED BACKSTAGE AND PARTS OF THIS BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE VICTIMS OF THE TORNADO THAT HIT JACKSON MISSISSIPPI
JULY 13 1975 "CONVENTION CENTER NIAGARA FALL" NY TV CAMERAS FILMED AT LEAST 4 SONGS FROM THIS SHOW
NOVEMBER 30 1976 "ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER", CA 2 MOBILE CAMERAS VIDEO ON TRIPODS CAUGHT THIS ENTIRE SHOW ON FILM
DECEMBER 30 1976 "ATLANTA" CONCERT FILMED IN IT'S ENTIRETY
JUNE 1 1977 "MACON" CONCERT FILMED IN IT'S ENTIRETY
JUNE 17 1977 "SOUTHWEST MO. STAGE UNIVERSITY SPRINGFIELD" CBS USED 2 MOBILE VIDEO CAMERAS FOR THIS PERFORMANCE IN PREPARATION FOR THE FULL CAMERA CREW
JUNE 19 1977 "OMAHA CIVIC CENTER" CBS FILMED BEFORE / DURING / AND AFTER THIS CONCERT
JUNE 21 1977 "MOUNT RUSHMORE RAPID CITY" CBS FILMED BEFORE / DURING / AND AFTER THIS CONCERT
JUNE 26 1977 "MARKET SQUARE ARENA INDIANAPOLIS "THE CBS CAMERA TEAM FILMED ELVIS' FINAL PERFORMANCE OF THIS TOUR ON 2 CAMERAS AROUND 20 MINUTES.
THIS FOOTAGE ARE IN THE EPE ARCHIVES AND A FULL COPY OF THE SHOW IS IN THE PRIVATES HANDS
JUNE ?? 1977 - GRACELAND -
UNCONFIRMED / ONE COLLECTOR SAY THAT HE HAS FOOTAGE OF ELVIS BY THE POOL AT GRACELAND BEING INTERVIEWED BY CBS TEAM

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:JULY 31 1969 "LAS VEGAS" APPROXIMATELY 12 TO 15 MINUTED OF THIS PERFORMANCE WAS FILMED BY NBC. ALTHOUGH IT IS RUMOURED THAT THE BOOTLEG RELEASE OF THIS SHOW IS TAKEN FROM FILM FOOTAGE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THE WHOLE SHOW WAS FILMED (UNCOMFIRMED)

July 31,1969 was never released on bootleg so there goes the credibility of the source. I am very pessimistic about ever getting the chance to see unreleased TTWII or On Tour footage, let alone some the other footage you mention. It will not be FTD for sure. Chances are Ernst might announce his retirement some time around 2015 and before that time comes he might want to have Elvis career covered in audio on FTD. There still is an awful lot of work to do. Apart from that video is expensive and as FTD sells around 2,000 or less copies of releases it may well be a mountain too high to climb. Chances your scenario happens are zero if you ask me.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Alexander wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:JULY 31 1969 "LAS VEGAS" APPROXIMATELY 12 TO 15 MINUTED OF THIS PERFORMANCE WAS FILMED BY NBC. ALTHOUGH IT IS RUMOURED THAT THE BOOTLEG RELEASE OF THIS SHOW IS TAKEN FROM FILM FOOTAGE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THE WHOLE SHOW WAS FILMED (UNCOMFIRMED)

July 31,1969 was never released on bootleg so there goes the credibility of the source. I am very pessimistic about ever getting the chance to see unreleased TTWII or On Tour footage, let alone some the other footage you mention. It will not be FTD for sure. Chances are Ernst might announce his retirement some time around 2015 and before that time comes we might want Elvis career covered in audio. There still is an awful lot of work to do. Apart from that video is expensive and as FTD sells around 2,000 or less copies of releases it may well be a mountain too high to climb. Chances your scenario happens are zero if you ask me.

im not the one who made the website..i was just mentioning it alexander..
and if u read it sayd

Altough its Rumoured.. doesnt mean they confirm it as to the word at the last sentence

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 pm

I think all the surviving Elvis concert footage should be synched with sound but costs and returns will probably not allow it to happen.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I think all the surviving Elvis concert footage should be synched with sound but costs and returns will probably not allow it to happen.

then just release the ''Raw'' footage and let fans do it for themselfs haha

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Alexander wrote:

July 31,1969 was never released on bootleg so there goes the credibility of the source. I am very pessimistic about ever getting the chance to see unreleased TTWII or On Tour footage, let alone some the other footage you mention. It will not be FTD for sure. Chances are Ernst might announce his retirement some time around 2015 and before that time comes we might want Elvis career covered in audio. There still is an awful lot of work to do. Apart from that video is expensive and as FTD sells around 2,000 or less copies of releases it may well be a mountain too high to climb. Chances your scenario happens are zero if you ask me.

im not the one who made the website..i was just mentioning it alexander..

Was not meant offensive to you Johnny, I just meant that this website is not a credible source if they base their list on such vague rumours.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

fg76 wrote:From the big talk about the MSG DVD and the wish of a NYE 76 DVD - it got me wondering about major concerts Elvis did and collecting film and photos to do a DVD/CD combo. Makes me wish the cameras had been around during those seven years.

Here are some shows I wish FTD would issue or reissue with perhaps a DVD.

August 3, 1969: I doubt any footage exists of the actual show, but this is the beginning of Vegas. Still find the show better than the shows he did later in the season. You'd think a smart businessman like Parker would have pirate-filmed a 1969 show, but then again who knew they'd be so drastically different from the 1970 ones.

Houston Astrodome 1970: Another head-scratcher, as you'd think something would have been filmed or even recorded on the tape deck. First stadium show (tour show) in almost nine years.

August 12, 1969: Majority recorded by MGM, but dealing with those suits would be impossible. Still, this would be a show to have.

MSG 1972: Already done, but I wanted to list it.

Hawaii 1972: Restore the existing film, and release the concert of Hawaii pre-Aloha.

March 20, 1974: Was Memphis filmed by anyone? Fans, news, anybody? One of the first last stands.

Vegas March 1975: Never seen any film from this era. I've seen a lot from August though.

July 19, 1975: Both shows. (Enjoy the spinning guitar routine during See See Rider)

July 23, 1975: The best show of the Ashville shows. I think Elvis striped his voice, as e wasn't as good the following night - but did a lot of unusual songs the following night.

December 31, 1975: Many pan this show, but I always liked it. I know there is a good 8mm film set out there of there, and also a very bad one too. I liked the unusual stage set-up and Elvis swinging around 180 during See See Rider. Being a big arena, t should have been close-circuited onto big screens. Elvis didn't look great, but it wasn't that bad.

July 5, 1976: The final Memphis show. Maybe one of the better sub-standard 1976 shows. Elvis' voice was all bass here, but he pulled off a passable show.

October 14, 1976: Soundboard exists, and good 8mm footage exists. He got better, however, as the tour progressed.

December 4, 1976: One of the better Vegas shows from the period.

December 31, 1976: The best show of 1976, and it should have been close-circuited filmed secretly and edited for CBS. Just saying,

April 24, 1977: One of the better 1977 shows, if not the best one out there.

June 21, 1977: Still find it to be a great show, in spite of what it was. Forgot a re-release d Elvis In Concert - just privately FTD release the June 21 show.

What does 'Elvis striped his voice' mean??? :?:

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 pm

It obviously means that it was striped and not polka dotted on that night, Tony.

Does everything need to be explained to you?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I really don't think that's a credible list. I know the Boston 71 show became a rumor after Elvis thought he heard Boston instead of Buffalo at the MSG press conference. I think there is a lot of fan footage out there that could be digitally mastered straight from the film sources. Would be great. I know they were about to start FTD DVD releases, but called it off. I'm very much into footage, so always waiting patiently for something to come out. I really like the latset MSG footage we got from Sony.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 pm

It sure would be interesting to get FTD dvds with footage - They could do audios like they usually do and which are great to every fan like us . Ftd should do Dvd releases too for the fans -I sure would be interested in what comes out -It sure would be interesting I say - ::rocks

Rob wrote:It obviously means that it was striped and not polka dotted on that night, Tony.

Does everything need to be explained to you?

...........................................................................................
:smt003 :smt003 :smt003- Rob :smt005 :smt005

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 am

Tony.. wrote:
What does 'Elvis striped his voice' mean??? :?:

Stripped his voice.
Tore his voice.
Strained his voice.