Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sweet Caroline december 12, 1976 C.S

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:11 pm

What is he saying during second verse?

Re: Sweet Caroline december 12, 1976 C.S

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 pm

What I can hear in the second verse is that he cuts it short and goes to the bridge early.
The band is (naturally) caught off guard, and he says "do the bridge".
If you're not familiar with the term bridge in a song, it usually refers to either a part that only occurs once or - as in this case - a 'B-part' in the second half of the verses.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm

FVH wrote:What I can hear in the second verse is that he cuts it short and goes to the bridge early.
If you're not familiar with the term bridge in a song, it usually refers to either a part that only occurs once or - as in this case - a 'B-part' in the second half of the verses.

No, before that. ....I Look in the night...And Ill Be dead by the summer...
Something like that. Sounds very strange to me. I cant figure it out

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

archa wrote:
FVH wrote:What I can hear in the second verse is that he cuts it short and goes to the bridge early.

I guess that that's what leads to the thing in my first post.
He messes up the lyrics, and mixes everything up.
Instead of going "Look at the night - and it don't seem so lonely", he goes something like "Look at the night - and the night... day became the/a summer".
Which is a mix of the first and second bridges.
My take on it.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am

I wonder what the message would be if you play "Sweet Caroline" backwards. :wink:

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 pm

archa wrote:

Ouch! That hurt.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Elvis had been having trouble with the lyrics for this song during several of the shows. A woman who attended a few of them decided to locate sheet music for the song and gave it to Elvis on stage. Here is a rare shot from that show showing him with the sheet music. The story was relayed to me by John herman who actually shot these images.

26 Vegas 12 12 76 close small JH.jpg

03 Vegas 12 12 76 close small JH.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Greybeard wrote:Elvis had been having trouble with the lyrics for this song during several of the shows. A woman who attended a few of them decided to locate sheet music for the song and gave it to Elvis on stage. Here is a rare shot from that show showing him with the sheet music. The story was relayed to me by John herman who actually shot these images.

26 Vegas 12 12 76 close small JH.jpg

03 Vegas 12 12 76 close small JH.jpg

the second line is probably messed up because elvis trows the sheet away
as u can see in the footage the sheet music is gone

phpBB [video]

sweet caroline starts at 0:57