Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Follow That Dream - Master Stereo remix

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 am

My fellow FECC friends, check this out. What a remarkable channel monotostereoking has. I don't know how he was able to superimpose the mono master over one of the alternate stereo as it's backing. But it worked out brilliantly IMHO -

phpBB [video]

Re: Follow That Dream - Master Stereo remix

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 am

Excellent!!!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 am

Robt, thanks for the link!!
Follow That Dream is my favorite title song, I even sang that in school. :oops:

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 am

:lol: no kidding. Actually I used to sing it s a kid to my gal pal at primary school. Also sung (or tried to) Angel to her. Thanks mate, you brought back a lovely memory. On a serious note, in the absence of session tapes that may have the master take of "Follow That Dream" in stereo, I think what monotosteroking was able to acheive might be a process Ernst could copy. What were the other tracks that only exist in mono ?

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks Rob,very good

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 pm

This is somewhat very easy to achieve by taking the alternate stereo master and using a karaoke filter that removes all the mono (center information) of the audio, then overlay the eq'd mono track atop the stripped stereo track - Bingo! :smt020

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm

promiseland wrote:This is somewhat very easy to achieve by taking the alternate stereo master and using a karaoke filter that removes all the mono (center information) of the audio, then overlay the eq'd mono track atop the stripped stereo track - Bingo! :smt020

This technique might work with "A Whistling Tune," "What A Wonderful Life" and "I'm Not The Marrying Kind"; however, it might not work with "Sound Advice," where the only complete outtake (take 1) was recorded at a much slower pace.

MT

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 pm

promiseland wrote:This is somewhat very easy to achieve by taking the alternate stereo master and using a karaoke filter that removes all the mono (center information) of the audio, then overlay the eq'd mono track atop the stripped stereo track - Bingo! :smt020

Sounds Cool. Now can you give us a demonstration by doing What a Wonderful Life and uploading for us ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

Whilst you can still hear a disparity in the sources, that is a very good effort indeed.
Thanks for posting, Rob.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 am

An interesting experiment but ultimately useless if all the music is not from the same take. For Follow That Dream in stereo I am happy with take 4.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 am

That's excellent work, Rob.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 am

Nice work! Sounds great! Thanks

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 am

The master of Follow That Dream is still my favourite take... I don't mind it as a mono track but this is a nice effort. Thank you for posting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:That's excellent work, Rob.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Thanks mate glad you liked it but I have to say that I did not produce this.
There's some englishman on You Tube calls himself monotostereoking whose done a number of Elvis and other vintage singers and bands recordings previously made in mono. I have however done (and will be doing more) Binauraul recordings where I tried to get the likes of Eddie Cochran and Ricky Nelson's vocal coming through on both speakers but still retain it in stereo like this -

phpBB [video]

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Robt wrote:

Sounds Cool. Now can you give us a demonstration by doing What a Wonderful Life and uploading for us ?

no

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm

i tried the same thing :D
phpBB [video]