Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LEGACY EDITION For LP Fans Only / A Date With Elvis

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am

SONY LEGACY EDITION

FOR LP FANS ONLY (1959 album) >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-1990-for-lp-fans-only/
01. Thats All Right
02. Lawdy Miss Clawdy
03. Mystery Train
04. Playing For Keeps
05. Poor Boy
06. My Baby Left Me
07. I Was The One
08. Shake, Rattle And Roll
09. I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
10. You're A Heartbreaker
A DATE WITH ELVIS (1959 album) >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-2011-a-date-with-elvis/
11. Blue Moon Of Kentucky
12. Young And Beautiful
13. (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
14. Milkcow Blues Boogie
15. Baby, Let's Play House
16. Good Rockin' Tonight
17. Is It So Strange
18. We're Gonna Move
19. I Want To Be Free
20. I Forgot To Remember To Forget
The 1959 singles
21. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
22. I Need Your Love Tonight
23. A Big Hunk O' Love >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/a-big-hunk-o ... came-true/
24. My Wish Came True
Bonus songs
25. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
26. I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (slow version)
27. I Forgot To Remember To Forget (unreleased live recording - 1955)

:smt020
Last edited by Blue River on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: LEGACY EDITION For LP Fans Only / A Date With Elvis

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:48 am

I sure hope this isn't true. RCA added some awful echo to the classic songs on these two original releases, which no doubt would be duplicated here. All the SUN tracks have been brillantly remastered on "A Boy From Tupelo" and, unless those remasters are used here, this release would be a huge step backwards. Also, the "bonus songs" would more appropriately include "Let Me" and "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" - two songs conspicuously absent from the original releases.

MT

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 am

when is this release going to happen if it ever happens

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:23 am

That is one way for BMG to put out the wire recording of IFTRTF from the Louisiana Hayride.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 am

elvis65 wrote:when is this release going to happen if it ever happens

It isn't. It's Blueriver having a fantasy.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 am

poormadpeter wrote:

Thank God. More like a nightmare!

MT

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 am

MysteryTrain wrote:I sure hope this isn't true. RCA added some awful echo to the classic songs on these two original releases, which no doubt would be duplicated here. All the SUN tracks have been brillantly remastered on "A Boy From Tupelo" and, unless those remasters are used here, this release would be a huge step backwards. Also, the "bonus songs" would more appropriately include "Let Me" and "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" - two songs conspicuously absent from the original releases.

MT

It is not true. The OP failed to mention this is a fanciful topic.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 am

poormadpeter wrote:

Bingo!

Mike C wrote:That is one way for BMG to put out the wire recording of IFTRTF from the Louisiana Hayride.

That was my thought.

MysteryTrain wrote: I sure hope this isn't true. RCA added some awful echo to the classic songs on these two original releases...

I was thinking of new remasters. The "Original" was for the running order.

MysteryTrain wrote:Also, the "bonus songs" would more appropriately include "Let Me" and "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" - two songs conspicuously absent from the original releases.

"I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" would make an appropriate addition, however "Let Me" could be used on the "ELVIS" (2nd album) Legacy Edition release with the other three Love Me Tender soundtrack songs as bonus tracks.

FOR LP FANS ONLY (1959 album) >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-1990-for-lp-fans-only/
01. Thats All Right
02. Lawdy Miss Clawdy
03. Mystery Train
04. Playing For Keeps
05. Poor Boy
06. My Baby Left Me
07. I Was The One
08. Shake, Rattle And Roll
09. I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
10. You're A Heartbreaker
A DATE WITH ELVIS (1959 album) >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-2011-a-date-with-elvis/
11. Blue Moon Of Kentucky
12. Young And Beautiful
13. (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
14. Milkcow Blues Boogie
15. Baby, Let's Play House
16. Good Rockin' Tonight
17. Is It So Strange
18. We're Gonna Move
19. I Want To Be Free
20. I Forgot To Remember To Forget
The 1959 singles
21. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
22. I Need Your Love Tonight
23. A Big Hunk O' Love >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/a-big-hunk-o ... came-true/
24. My Wish Came True
Bonus songs
25. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
26. I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (slow version)
27. I Forgot To Remember To Forget (unreleased live recording - 1955)

C'mon MysteryTrain... not a nightmare. It'd make a nice one-disc $9.99 Legacy Edition release using original artwork... and a booklet, of course.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm

The reason I mentioned "Let Me" is "We're Gonna Move" and "Poor Boy" are included. Another possibility would be the Jailhouse Rock version of "Don't Leave Me Now" because "I Want To Be Free," "Young And Beautiful" and "(You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care" are included. I think the primary reason for these releases (besides to sell records during Elvis' army absence) was to gather up tracks that had not previously been released on LP.

MT

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

..in the shower.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 pm

I have already made my own version and included songs that by 1959 were either unreleased (Your Cheatin' Heart etc) or non LP (Let Me, Don't Leave Me Now etc) and I called my compilation: "A Date With An LP Fan." It has 33 tracks in all, including the EP versions of Lover Doll and Dixieland Rock, and the single version of Doncha Think Its Time.

I would LOVE a Legacy release of these two albums, using the superior masters of the Sun stuff etc, the LP masters are quite bad, but these two albums have always been top on my list of favorites.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Blue River wrote:"I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" would make an appropriate addition, however "Let Me" could be used on the "ELVIS" (2nd album) Legacy Edition release with the other three Love Me Tender soundtrack songs as bonus tracks.

Legacy have already issued the 2nd album [alongside Elvis' eponymous debut], Blue River.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 pm

promiseland wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

..in the shower.

promiseland, you know better than that. You're thinking of fg76.
I was in my jacuzzi when I dreamed this up!

elvisalisellers wrote:
Blue River wrote:"I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" would make an appropriate addition, however "Let Me" could be used on the "ELVIS" (2nd album) Legacy Edition release with the other three Love Me Tender soundtrack songs as bonus tracks.

Legacy have already issued the 2nd album [alongside Elvis' eponymous debut], Blue River.

That's right, elvisalisellers. I knew better... my bad.
I had in mind a future FTD release when I typed "Legacy Edition" for Elvis' second album.

I'm thinking that the four Love Me Tender soundtrack songs could possibly be included on an ELVIS (2nd album) FTD release, unless Ernst is planning a Love Me Tender/Flaming Star combo on FTD. smt179

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm

skatterbrane wrote:I would LOVE a Legacy release of these two albums, using the superior masters of the Sun stuff etc ...

Unfortunately, that misses the point of a SONY Legacy release. Which is a good reason why this topic will likely remain fanciful.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, seeing that this is the 60th anniversary of Elvis walking into 706 Union avenue would a Legacy edition of the 1975 release of the "Sun Sessions" be far off. In fact as we all know this record first released in England. Seeing how the released "Hits of the 70's, which was a huge seller in England, which might have been a contributing factor to its release, could this kind of release come to pass this year?

Burning Love

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Blue River wrote: That's right, elvisalisellers. I knew better... my bad.
I had in mind a future FTD release when I typed "Legacy Edition" for Elvis' second album.

I'm thinking that the four Love Me Tender soundtrack songs could possibly be included on an ELVIS (2nd album) FTD release, unless Ernst is planning a Love Me Tender/Flaming Star combo on FTD. smt179

Ah, I see...

In that case, I think I would prefer a coupling with the not too dissimilar sounding Flaming Star recordings on FTD.

And even though the Love Me tender tracks [save for the title track] are arguably the weakest from Elvis' 50's work; it would still be a thrill to have the opportunity to hear/own the complete sessions [possibly in stereo too]. Although, it's a little unclear if the unexpurgated tapes still exist.

The reconstruction/restoration of the masters [available on TCM and YMWTBB] was absolutely outstanding.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Burning Love wrote:Well, seeing that this is the 60th anniversary of Elvis walking into 706 Union avenue would a Legacy edition of the 1975 release of the "Sun Sessions" be far off. In fact as we all know this record first released in England. Seeing how the released "Hits of the 70's, which was a huge seller in England, which might have been a contributing factor to its release, could this kind of release come to pass this year?

Hits of the 70's was only released in the UK and was reissued on the FTD label, not Sony's main label that produces the Legacy Edition series. With the very recent release of A Boy From Tupelo on FTD in 2012 and Elvis at Sun released on the main label in 2004, it doesn't seem likely... but really who can guess what Sony might or might not do these days...

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Any credible sources, Blue River ?

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Hits of the 70's was only released in the UK and was reissued on the FTD label, not Sony's main label that produces the Legacy Edition series. With the very recent release of A Boy From Tupelo on FTD in 2012 and Elvis at Sun released on the main label in 2004, it doesn't seem likely... but really who can guess what Sony might or might not do these days...

A Sun Legacy Edition would make sense (if done as a traditional Legacy Edition) certainly as Tupelo is out of print. With regards to 2004's Elvis At Sun, both Elvis Presley (debut) and Elvis (2nd album) were reissued in 2005 (Kevan Budd masters) and this didn't prevent 2011's Legacy Edition of Elvis Presley/Elvis.

I actually think 1975's The Sun Collection would make a decent 2CD FTD Classic Album in order to keep Sebastian's hard work available for those who wish to purchase it.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 pm

elvis-fan wrote:... but really who can guess what Sony might or might not do these days...

very true we had YMWTBB in 2011 and then THE VERY BEST OF ELVIS PRESLEY 1950`s 2012 only a few months later which both contained December 15, 1956

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 am

MysteryTrain wrote:RCA added some awful echo to the classic songs on these two original releases...

drjohncarpenter wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:I would LOVE a Legacy release of these two albums, using the superior masters of the Sun stuff etc ...

Unfortunately, that misses the point of a SONY Legacy release. Which is a good reason why this topic will likely remain fanciful.

MT, is it possible that you're thinking of the "reprocessed from monophonic" releases of these two albums in 1965? Now that's what I would call "awful echo".
I, along with many other Elvis fans, would appreciate the two albums (combined on one disc) reissued with the best possible sound of today.

drjohn, isn't the point of a SONY Legacy Edition also to present past albums with their original track running order accompanied by original artwork?
A Big Hunk O' Love (1959 single) >> http://www.elvisrecords.us/a-big-hunk-o ... came-true/
Last edited by Blue River on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 am

skatterbrane wrote:I have already made my own version and included songs that by 1959 were either unreleased (Your Cheatin' Heart etc) or non LP (Let Me, Don't Leave Me Now etc) and I called my compilation: "A Date With An LP Fan." It has 33 tracks in all, including the EP versions of Lover Doll and Dixieland Rock, and the single version of Doncha Think Its Time.

I would LOVE a Legacy release of these two albums, using the superior masters of the Sun stuff etc, the LP masters are quite bad, but these two albums have always been top on my list of favorites.

I can't see the point of constantly rehashing the same old 'public domain' masters all the time, only in a different running order. I know they were 'original' LP's, but so was "Having fun with Elvis on stage"! Is too much never enough?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 am

Tony.. wrote:I can't see the point of constantly rehashing the same old 'public domain' masters all the time, only in a different running order. I know they were 'original' LP's, but so was "Having fun with Elvis on stage"! Is too much never enough?

A release like this would make the albums available to the general public again at an affordable price, and it could be a way for SONY to officially release the 1955 live recording of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" as a bonus track on the cd.

As for Having Fun With Elvis On Stage... there's no comparison. The general public isn't gonna' want to hear Elvis if he's not singing.
Last edited by Blue River on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am

After seeing all the re-peat re-releases of the same albums over and over, I'm ready for a Legacy Release of "Having Fun With Elvis On Stage". It's the only original album that has not seen an official CD release.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 am

Matthew wrote:I actually think 1975's The Sun Collection would make a decent 2CD FTD Classic Album in order to keep Sebastian's hard work available for those who wish to purchase it.

It's amazing that "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" wasn't released on an album in the U.S. until 1976!

TCB-FAN wrote:After seeing all the re-peat re-releases of the same albums over and over, I'm ready for a Legacy Release of "Having Fun With Elvis On Stage". It's the only original album that has not seen an official CD release.

Surely you jest.
Last edited by Blue River on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.