Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know what this item is supposed to be that being advertised on Amazon.com here in the U.S.? It's listed as a Paperback book from Sony Music Entertainment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1908709294

Daryl

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I think it's a 2 cd set with 12 photos, check it out Amazon Germany.

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Daryl wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know what this item is supposed to be that being advertised on Amazon.com here in the U.S.? It's listed as a Paperback book from Sony Music Entertainment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1908709294

Daryl


Appears to be a hits collection:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Photos-Elvis-Presley/dp/tracks/1908709294

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 am

Yes, it appears to be another way of flogging the same old 'greatest hits' again, this time loading the package with a bunch of (no doubt very common and nothing rare) photos. PASS....

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 am

Tony.. wrote:Yes, it appears to be another way of flogging the same old 'greatest hits' again, this time loading the package with a bunch of (no doubt very common and nothing rare) photos. PASS....


So, have you ordered yours yet?

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 am

Tony.. wrote:Yes, it appears to be another way of flogging the same old 'greatest hits' again, this time loading the package with a bunch of (no doubt very common and nothing rare) photos. PASS....


2013 newsflash...sony will continue to sell elvis in whatever fashion they choose, you support it or you don`t, the choice is yours!! It`s really not to difficult to understand!! :shock: Some people carry on like they expect sony to make this absurd announcement in the near future;

2013 newsflash...sony will no longer be distrubuting elvis presley music products... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS :facep:

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Yes, it appears to be another way of flogging the same old 'greatest hits' again, this time loading the package with a bunch of (no doubt very common and nothing rare) photos. PASS....


So, have you ordered yours yet?


Er, no. I have just spent over £100 on an original film poster and a rare green label UK demo. Far more collectable and far more of an investment.
I think I'll give up on buying the same old hits on cd over and over and over and over...... but you carry on; the head of Sony / BMG needs a new Rolls Royce!

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Yes, it appears to be another way of flogging the same old 'greatest hits' again, this time loading the package with a bunch of (no doubt very common and nothing rare) photos. PASS....


So, have you ordered yours yet?


:smt003 :P :lol:

lmao here Dr.John Carpenter - ::rocks :smt003 :smt003 :smt005 :smt005

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm

More info here:

http://elvis-express.com/elvisradio_news_1112_17musicphotos2013.html

It's just another collection of hits with some well known photos added. It makes me wonder how many copies this type of release actually sells these days?

I know Sony will argue that this release is for the general public, but given the endless supply of hits compilations over the years, there can't be that many casual buyers with a passing interest in Elvis' music that don't own this material already.

So apart from the Elvis collectors that buy every release that the label puts out, I can't see this title shifting too many units.

I realise Sony will continue to milk the cash cow, and I don't really have a problem with this, but they could use a little more imagination. The only purpose these titles serve is to clutter up the mainstream catalogue.

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 pm

rockinrebel wrote:More info here:

http://elvis-express.com/elvisradio_news_1112_17musicphotos2013.html

It's just another collection of hits with some well known photos added. It makes me wonder how many copies this type of release actually sells these days?

I know Sony will argue that this release is for the general public, but given the endless supply of hits compilations over the years, there can't be that many casual buyers with a passing interest in Elvis' music that don't own this material already.

So apart from the Elvis collectors that buy every release that the label puts out, I can't see this title shifting too many units.

I realise Sony will continue to milk the cash cow, and I don't really have a problem with this, but they could use a little more imagination. The only purpose these titles serve is to clutter up the mainstream catalogue.



what i wonder the most is why blue christmas was put as the last track? is this a 70's Live version which would be weird for a normal release?

Re: Elvis Presley (Music & Photos) Paperback - Sony 2/11/13

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
what i wonder the most is why blue christmas was put as the last track? is this a 70's Live version which would be weird for a normal release?


The sequence isn't chronological, so my guess is that they have put it at the end of the second disc so that you can end the programme early if you don't want to hear a Christmas song out of season.

I know there have been a few exceptions in the past on hits compilations, but I'm pretty sure it will be the master as this version was the 'hit'.