Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

A quick survey on the FAKE Roustabout US 45 promo PS

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Just to add something more to the previous similar topics, I would advice collectors to avoid buying the following Elvis item as well :

- ROUSTABOUT U.S. 45rpm DJ-Promo picture sleeve

This is an other "terrible weapon" in the hands of counterfeiters to spill money from non-expert collectors.

I do not think RCA Victor USA ever pressed this holed sleeve AND I'm also very DOUBTFUL that RCA Victor USA ever pressed the other plain w/ just letterings on it sleeve with flap as well. Both DO NOT comply to RCA standards and goals.

Look at scans & comparisons.

The holed PS belongs to those never-seen-heard Elvis stuff surfaced from nowhere towards the 2006-2007 just SOON AFTER the "INSIDE ROUSTABOUT" was put out as newly commercial release. If you see well, both got quite SAME layouts.

Besides : the back of the holed PS was completely taken from the LEGIT US DJ Air Play HOW GREAT THOU ART 45rpm release. Quite strange isnt'it ???

An other question comes out: if the holed PS is legit....why RCA needed it to pressed it AND WHY RCA made 2 DIFFERENT Promo-DJ sleeves (the one with plain PS with only letterings on it and flap) for such promotional purpose ???

In my opinion both are FAKES. The holed one created copying the "Inside Roustabout" layout...while the other copying the structure&layout of temporary US sleeves used back in the 50s like EPA-747...etc...

Just AVOID ! Do not buy them !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A quick survey on the FAKE Roustabout US 45 promo PS

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm

An other example of FAKE (photocopy) sold for over USD 500 years ago !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I have the one on the left you put beside The Inside Roustabout boxset :roll:.I don't know if it is fake or not but it looks vintage to me. It's not new and the paper is very thin and many wrinkles. I always thought the one you placed at the end of this topic was genuine :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Another great post from Hound Dog 2000. ::rocks

We should have a category for "Real or Fake" items. We can also include a list of Sellers that have sold fake items. What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I have the one on the left you put beside The Inside Roustabout boxset :roll:.I don't know if it is fake or not but it looks vintage to me. It's not new and the paper is very thin and many wrinkles. I always thought the one you placed at the end of this topic was genuine :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

I think it is a fake Mike.

Pay attention : promotional sleeves when are RCA LEGIT , RCA pressed them in ECONOMY ! As they were NOT commercial stuff and they were give-away purpose only to Radio-DJs.

So, they did NOT spend money to use colors on such sleeves.

Counterfeiters DID indeed. To catch eye of collectors and make them appealing. Fake Roustabout PS got red colors infact plus some appealing grey-tone in general. MOREOVER: the RCA VICTOR LOGO at top right hand side on front is VERY VERY INUSUAL.

That's the first point.

Secondly: even if it was legit....that DOES NOT answer to my question >>> WHY RCA needed 2 DIFFERENT promo sleeves to promote the SAME ROUSTABOUT 45rpm ?????

Listen to me: avoid and do not buy such stuff.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:22 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Another great post from Hound Dog 2000. ::rocks

We should have a category for "Real or Fake" items. We can also include a list of Sellers that have sold fake items. What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

That would be GREAT.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 pm

EPA4368 wrote: What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Very good idea!