Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moody Blue FTD - what will the track list be?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 pm

At some point FTD will release this classic album but can anyone guess as to the song line up?

Re: Moody Blue FTD - what will the track list be?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Apart from outtakes from way down (1 take?), pledging my love (1 take), moody blue (a handful), she thinks I still care (quite a few) and it's easy for you (1 take), it'll be the place to throw in:

- undubbed or remixed Graceland masters (from both albums)

- live material not on spring tours.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Despite it's source, I'd really like to see a repaired edit of Where No One Stands Alone (Feb. 16, 1977, Montgomery, Alabama) find a home on a Moody Blue FTD.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:At some point FTD will release this classic album but can anyone guess as to the song line up ?

The song line up? Well, I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and guess -

Unchained Melody - live
If You Love Me, Let Me Know - live
Little Darlin' - live
He'll Have To Go
Let Me Be There - live
Way Down
Pledging My Love
Moody Blue
She Thinks I Still Care
It's Easy For You

plus... some Jungle Room outtakes and a few more live performances from 1977.

smt179

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Should be interesting. And I HOPE the sound is as good as the PROMISED LAND FTD...
Maybe we'll find out soon?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 am

Rough mixes of Moody Blue and Way Down :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:16 am

Feelings :D just jokin

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:49 am

episthebest wrote:Feelings :D just jokin

That would be something...

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 am

yeah it would be

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 am

I so want this.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:

I so want this.

I'll take it gladly...

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 am

Studio outtakes: Moody Blue, Way Down (extended version), She Thinks I Still Care (mid-tempo version), He'll Have To Go (undubbed master)

Live tracks: Big Boss Man (unreleased), Hurt (unreleased from Omaha, NE), My Way (unreleased), Where No One Stands Alone (live version), Moody Blue (live version).

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:At some point FTD will release this classic album but can anyone guess as to the song line up?

I'll be quite frank, after having all 5 of the Venus Jungle room series CD's & most recently, the FEPB FTD, I'd be quite satisfied if FTD did not re-isssue MB.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:04 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Studio outtakes: Moody Blue, Way Down (extended version), She Thinks I Still Care (mid-tempo version), He'll Have To Go (undubbed master)

Live tracks: Big Boss Man (unreleased), Hurt (unreleased from Omaha, NE), My Way (unreleased), Where No One Stands Alone (live version), Moody Blue (live version).

As far as the live tracks are concerned, it would make more sense if those tracks were included in an EIC FTD deluxe instead.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:06 am

Feelings, along with a 1976 re-make of "My Boy". A dream come true.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 am

Personally I dont want any LIVE tracks besides the ones on original tracklist.....Spring Tours was poor in every way.
On the other hand a new different mix of Let me be there from memphis would be nice.....always enjoyed that one.
But wouldnt surprise me if the song wasnt included at all :evil:
I really want undubbed master of studio tracks.....and outtakes not on VENUS bootlegs,hopefully they have some.
Highlight would be undubbed master of its easy for you and complete session of way down in pristine quality.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:Studio outtakes: Moody Blue, Way Down (extended version), She Thinks I Still Care (mid-tempo version), He'll Have To Go (undubbed master)

As far as the live tracks are concerned, it would make more sense if those tracks were included in an EIC FTD deluxe instead.

Live tracks that would be appropriate for an FTD release of Elvis In Concert would be only the songs recorded June 19 - 21, 1977.
The focus of that album was the CBS-TV Special and should remain that way.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:18 am

KingElvis wrote:Personally I dont want any LIVE tracks besides the ones on original tracklist.....Spring Tours was poor in every way.
On the other hand a new different mix of Let me be there from memphis would be nice.....always enjoyed that one.
I really want undubbed master of studio tracks.....and outtakes not on VENUS bootlegs,hopefully they have some.
Highlight would be undubbed master of its easy for you and complete session of way down in pristine quality.

I'll go with that.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:20 am

KingElvis wrote:... a new different mix of Let me be there from memphis would be nice.....always enjoyed that one.

"Let Me Be There" will no doubt be on the FTD issue of Moody Blue.

If not, KingElvis, I promise to buy a copy and mail it to you at no cost, sir! smt134

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:04 am

Blue River wrote:
KingElvis wrote:... a new different mix of Let me be there from memphis would be nice.....always enjoyed that one.

If not, KingElvis, I promise to buy a copy and mail it to you at no cost, sir! smt134

:D
Well they left out the song on latest cd issue of Moody blue....that has been on sale since 2000.
Hopefully they wont do that mistake again.....it was a part of the album in 77 and thats it.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:28 am

Always wondered why lmbt was on the lp since it was on Memphis 74 lp. another unreleased live song could have been used in place of it.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:41 am

I would welcome the FTD treatment of the Moody Blue album. I would hope they have unreleased studio takes and rehearsals. While I understand that Unchained Melody, Little Darlin, If You Love Me, and Let Me Be There would be on the "original" reprint, I would hope the focus is on the "studio" songs and not on the 4 "live" songs. Including a few previously "unreleased" songs from 1977 might be OK if needed to complete the album. Personally I would hope the "live" songs are from February 1977 rather than June 1977.

rlj

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 am

KingElvis wrote:
Blue River wrote:

:D
Well they left out the song on latest cd issue of Moody blue....that has been on sale since 2000.

Yes, I know, but if they do it again on an FTD release I'll eat my St. Louis Cardinal baseball hat and send you the free FTD !
...................................................................................................................Please don't hold me to the eating of the hat thing.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 am

As someone else said, an undubbed It's Easy For You, with sound quality equaling that of the outtake of this song from JRS. I don't see this FTD being loaded up with a bunch of live takes. I hope not.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 am

stevelecher wrote:As someone else said, an undubbed It's Easy For You, with sound quality equaling that of the outtake of this song from JRS.
I don't see this FTD being loaded up with a bunch of live takes.

I agree, Steve, but there might be 2 or 3 additional live tracks.