Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: new touchdown cd

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 am

Of course this is Columbia, South Carolina not Florida as stated. I am a little puzzled by the title. Columbia, SC is ok but a long way from paradise!!!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:24 pm

I have listened to Trying to Get to You and it sounds to me that it is playing at a fast speed. One could be forgiven for thinking it was from 1974. The sound is very good for an audience taped recording. There's still a place for 'em...

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:39 pm

As usual the artwork is great and the booklet features two well written articles by Pat Berman. One was printed in "The Columbia Record" on February 19, 1977 and the other one on August 15, 2002 in "The State". Both deal with the concert we can listen to on this CD and both are honestly written. The booklet also includes a lot of photos made during this concert and on most of them the King does not look well.

Considering the show was recorded by a member of the audience in a huge arena the sound is surprisingly good. The performance itself is also quite solid and features highlights like "Fairytale", "Trying To Get To You", "Release Me" and "That's Alright".

In total "Welcome To Paradise City" is a very good release and should be welcomed by any concert-collector. :D