Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Got my FTD's finally today!!!

Fri May 09, 2003 3:29 am

and I just gotta give my personal thanks and many kudos for these cds, wow Ernst and co did some awesome work with these! I love em!! been listening to them all day. The packaging and sound are impeccable, keep em coming in Dec! Ill be ready to buy!! Thanks Ernst for all you do! keep up the good work.

Fri May 09, 2003 4:39 am

Just got mine and listening to them now.
My cover of "IT Happened At The Worlds Fair" looks like it got caught in the plastic wrap machine a few times.
An e-mail has been sent... :cry:

Fri May 09, 2003 5:07 am

ahh man that sucks!

Fri May 09, 2003 5:24 am

Nice quick service from EIN, A replacement is on the way. :D

Fri May 09, 2003 5:30 am

Wow!
Great customer service from EIN!!!
Good to see a company that understands the value of repeat business by putting value in their customers.
Good to hear.

Fri May 09, 2003 11:04 pm

I'm still waiting for mine :cry:

Getting kind of tired of waiting for them too! :evil:

Oh well.

-George.

NICE READ KYLAN!

Sat May 10, 2003 3:57 am

I'm so fond of these releases, I can't really explain! I was hoping for more response to these, but it's somewhat missing!
I think the reason is the "age factor"! If you were lucky to capture some of the era, these records were released in, you hold an other attitude to the "SOUNDTRACK ERA"!
Fans coming in later, don't have the opportunity to recall what actually went on! Then, you have fans that are totally into Elvis of the '70's, which ain't bad at all, but they have set their level at another scale, so to speak!
It's almost impossible to rewind Elvis' career, and get it in context!
The almost "looped" impression that Elvis' Hollywood career was a complete mess, record wise, has got to be dealt with!
You actually had to be there to witness that Elvis' popularity in the 1960-1965 period was impressive! I think chart positions and movie popularity shows that!
It's as if critics tend to change history! How on earth could a down falling Elvis pull crowds along The Rolling Stones, The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, to mention a few, during his all time low period, in 1977???
Sometimes I wonder if Elvis fans really are aware of how great, how big Elvis was? The fact that we're on this board now, proves it all!
So the question may alter to be: Was it Elvis? Or is it you and me, the fans who makes his career so difficult?
Was he, and is he, the greatest single entertainer the world have come to see?
If the answer is yes, then pay tribute! If the answer is no, you're not here!

Sat May 10, 2003 10:45 am

Carolyn,
I was thinking the same notion about Elvis' profesionalism and effort in recording these tracks. Several weeks ago I made some CDRs of movie material for a friend who likes Elvis but really has no idea about him and she also commented on his consistency in both performance and attitude during these times. Also, I love that assertiveness we hear from him on take 4 of You Can't Say No In Acapulco Elvis get's angry and says sharply "Turn it off a minute". If only.....

Re: NICE READ KYLAN!

Sat May 10, 2003 11:16 am

bajo wrote:How on earth could a down falling Elvis pull crowds along The Rolling Stones, The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, to mention a few, during his all time low period, in 1977???

And he's still pulling the crowds after 25 years not here. I read an article about the tour with the screen and the original band on stage. This article came out towards the begining of these tours, and it said he was pulling better crowds than a lot of modern acts.

Anyone know how these tours are going these days? Are they pulling big crowds?

Hope it returns to Australia. I missed it last time.

8)

Sat May 10, 2003 11:27 am

It was a few years ago (Not sure , bad memory) when it came. I think it played in Melb. and Sydney. Not sure if there was any other venues.

I love the FTDs. EIN are sending a replacement for one coz it had a bad damaged cover.

Sat May 10, 2003 12:05 pm

How good are those soundtrack FTDs!!! I can't stop playing them. They have a great feel to them - quite upbeat & happy. At first I thought they would be a bit "How ya goin'" and I would grab them just for the alternate takes, but they are actually good playing alblums.

Sat May 10, 2003 7:56 pm

In case any of you UK fans need to catch up with some of the ftd releases,there's a site selling them for £12.49 post & packing free!

here's the URL. http://www.splashdvd.com/splash/search.cfm