Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

El Sobrante, CA

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 am

Does anybody live near the Park Theater at 3798 San Pablo Dam Road in El Sobrante, CA?

I'm doing research on an Elvis project for Paramount and need to get more information on the current status of this building.

Many thanks!

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: El Sobrante, CA

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Does anybody live near the Park Theater at 3798 San Pablo Dam Road in El Sobrante, CA?

I'm doing research on an Elvis project for Paramount and need to get more information on the current status of this building.

Many thanks!

Bob

is that the building we see in stay away joe?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 am

No, SAJ was filmed in Arizona.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

A check on Google maps shows that it became the Peniel Missionary Baptist Church, but in May 2011 (if the image date is correct) it was for sale. If they still own it, the listed number (via a business directory) is (510) 222-3457.

Here's the image:

3798_San_Pablo_Dam_Road.jpg

And a close up of the contact details for those who were handling the sale:
3798_San_Pablo_Dam_Road_sale_sign.jpg

There's further contact details here for the two names listed in the image:
http://www.colliers.com/sandra.weck
http://www.colliers.com/david.henderson

If the direct number for the church doesn't work, hopefully one of them will be able to give you up-to-date news.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Excellent TJ, thank you so much!

Best,
Bob

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

No problem Bob. Happy to help.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I live less than a mile from this building! I believe there are new owners because it looks a little better now. There are glass brick crosses in the windows. And the previous Pastor's name has been painted over. What on earth does Elvis Presley have to do with El Sobrante, California?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 pm

That's great news!

Please send me your contact information and we'll discuss.

Best,
Bob

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Could we have more details about the project you're working on or is it top secret? :)

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:19 am

Sorry, Greg. Top secret for now! :wink:

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 am

He was gonna play there on New Year's Eve, 1979.