Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: December FTD's anyone?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Just got mine in post. Will post thoughts soon...

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm

niobeh wrote:As a sidenote I can add that BIM Even has some f*** and sh*t comments left intact and unedited.
on this note I have to say I wish FTD had not butchered Polk a Little Sock Salad on a recent FTD

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 am

The concert sounds great - love the solo on "See See Rider" –– "Fever" is a good version too with horseplay at the beginning with the crowd...Great photos in the book from '72 - Elvis did look fantastic in the two-piece...
IMG_0396.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Listening to the rehearsal 'Burning Love' is a good version with a false start and reprise and good ending- 'LIttle Sister' is solid with a great ending - Ron tutt mini drum solo and Elvis 'yeah.'
What's evident is this is a committed rehearsal with good performances, only downer is the sound quality..

"My Babe" starts with Elvis singing lyrics a Capella before band kicks in and the super Burton solo...

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Does the concert sound better here than on the bootleg?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 pm

nyelvfan wrote:Does the concert sound better here than on the bootleg?

I think there is a slight improvement...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 am

Ordered last week from ElvisMatters since they announced copies were available but have not received anything yet. Hoped to get these for Christmas. In my book online shopping is Order + Payment today, shipment the same day or at least the next day. I am quitte annoyed...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:10 am

Received my copies from Elvis Corner 2 days ago.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Received my copies from Elvis Corner 2 days ago.

I think indeed it is time for a change of habit!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Holy cow!!! I just got my new Decemeber FTDs in the mail!!! Good job Shopelvis.com they look spectacular!!!!! Merry early Christmas to me!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:29 pm

I received From Elvis Presley Boulevard on Wednesday and Back In Memphis on Friday (yesterday) from shopelvis. Very good service and packaging wasn't too bad, although there is a slight crease in the front cover of Back in Memphis.

RKS

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Lucky you. I ordered 2 copies of "3000 South Paradise Road" on November 23rd and I just checked. It's still processing.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 am

Alexander wrote:Ordered last week from ElvisMatters since they announced copies were available but have not received anything yet. Hoped to get these for Christmas. In my book online shopping is Order + Payment today, shipment the same day or at least the next day. I am quitte annoyed...

i did to, i ordered with paypal, and when i called they sayd that paypal didnt transfer the money.. and that that sometimes happened now i had to do it again and wait longer :(

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 am

here blueberry hill for those who cant wait ::rocks

phpBB [video]

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:44 am

Johnny2523 wrote:here blueberry hill for those who cant wait ::rocks

phpBB [video]

Thanks!! That was really good. He did a good job on it.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:03 pm

So far i only have "Back in Memphis".
But what i heard was really good...

We had takes before on import, but not in this quality.
The masters are very clear, the alternate takes even more, it's a joy to hear Elvis at his prime.

Highlight to me: The rehearsal for "A little bit of green" on disc 2, a pure rough diamond.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:12 pm

The outtakes are often much better than the masters in sound quality because they have not been messed with for release. Less or no compression or added reverb.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:00 pm

GuitarKing wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:here blueberry hill for those who cant wait ::rocks

phpBB [video]

Thanks!! That was really good. He did a good job on it.

Sound quality, not bad!!! :)

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:09 am

just ordered 3000 South Paradise Rd......dont want it getting lost in the Christmas post......lol

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:20 am

huh i can pick mine up 2nd January..... :facep:

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:35 am

Hey YDKM Merry Christmas, you should have ordered from Chris Giles (I shifted from Now Dig This as their postage was dearer) got mine on Friday December 21 Back In Memphis is fantastic & essential even if you have countless '69 boots as this is great sound & in stereo.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 am

Ah yes Ray.... but my loyalty kept me with NDT!~..... yes essential we remember that BACK IN MEMPHIS is in lovely glorious STEREO!~ :o

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 am

The thing is his voice is not that good on most of these outtakes. Hearing him struggle on The Grass Won't Pay No Mind and Little Bit Of Green, amongst others is tough. The masters are good but he had to come back and redo his vocals. To me this isn't like those early 60's outtakes when his voice is almost always just as good as the master and maybe at times better. His voice is small on some of these tracks.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Didn't Elvis had a cold during these sessions.??

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:47 pm

JohanD wrote:So far i only have "Back in Memphis".
But what i heard was really good...

We had takes before on import, but not in this quality.
The masters are very clear, the alternate takes even more, it's a joy to hear Elvis at his prime.

Highlight to me: The rehearsal for "A little bit of green" on disc 2, a pure rough diamond.
yes Just a Little Bit Of Green rehearsal is amazing!!!
Especially under headphones