Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: December FTD's anyone?

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm

KingElvis wrote:Still in my cd player,one week after recieving it. :D
I really enjoy the jungleroom sessions but still I only played the 76 classic album one time......... :?

Highlights so far?

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

TCK_KING wrote:
YDKM wrote:6th Feb 2012??? :|

Obvious a mistake but I would cancel the vinyl order so the cds would be shipped now....... then re-order LP next year with the feb/march releases.
Or maybe a chance the LP will be quickly sold out in thye US?
Im missing a lots of the old vinyl releases so thinking of buying some of them........VLV,JR,GM,SRO ++.........still available through my fan club.

I'll try to fix my order but I suspect Shop Elvis will make me wait since I already ordered the items.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:05 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Still in my cd player,one week after recieving it. :D
I really enjoy the jungleroom sessions but still I only played the 76 classic album one time......... :?

Highlights so far?

No real highlights as there are very little new for us who has "the american way" series boots,but at least much better sound.
It is great to have the complete "suspicious minds" session and the complete undubbed master in great stereo quality.
The tracks I play the most is the Unfinnished masters on disc2, really enjoy undubbed masters and in this case they
are unrepaired....easy to hear.....and some are slighty longer as well
On the downside the rehersal of "a little bit of green" is just a big letdown.....most of the song is off-mic and even one channel only.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Another smash from FTD. I've run through both discs and I can assure you all that you are in for a treat here. Sound is top notch and wonderful to hear all the outtakes in such great sound. This got to be one of the all time best FTD's, so far. Even though Elvis struggles with his voice in between, it's such a "fly on the wall" experience to listen to it all. Simply a joy to sit through! :)

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:48 pm

i picked up the 2 cds from Chris on saturday but there has been a massive mix up with cd orders & no vinyl which left Chris with a smaller than usual order shall we say & NDT with nothing

so far only played the 'Paradise' cds tho mastered by NTAG (rehearsal) & by Lene (concert)

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got an email yesterday that BIM, 3000, and GIBLUES has shipped. Really looking forward to all 3 of these!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 pm

I got 3000 south paradise road and back in memphis today :)

But i wonder why the 2001 theme is not recorded on disc 1 of 3000 paradise road. I have the bootleg release "Blazing Into The Darkness" form years ago and on that disc the 2001 theme is there! Beats me why FTD didn't have it on this release

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm

They are in the family right now. Now KLM has to flight them to Curacao. The Dutch NAVY will recive them and send them to my work. Then i can finally listen to them at home. It's a bit strange way but it's the only legal way to get them here on the Island. Send by local postage i will probably never get them. 18 months to go and then i can get them my self again. The closest Elvis shop is 8km away from my home in NL. This is the way how i get my Elvis cd's 9000km away.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm

As a sidenote I can add that BIM Even has some f*** and sh*t comments left intact and unedited.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 pm

:lol: At long last mine are now on their way to me.....now my card is charged i will get them usually within 8 days.....well unless by some kind of miricle i get them next monday......you never know as extra delivery's this time of year!~ :D

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

KingElvis wrote:It is great to have the complete "suspicious minds" session and the complete undubbed master in great stereo quality.

That's gotta be worth the price of the CD on it's own right there... it is for me anyway. :smt023

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm

niobeh wrote:As a sidenote I can add that BIM Even has some f*** and sh*t comments left intact and unedited.

Praise Jesus!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm

GuitarKing wrote:I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got an email yesterday that BIM, 3000, and GIBLUES has shipped.

How can that be...GI Blues vinyl is delayed until end of january next year.
Or did you order one of the cds perhaps?

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

GuitarKing wrote:I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got an email yesterday that BIM, 3000, and GIBLUES has shipped. Really looking forward to all 3 of these!

Who did you order from?
Last edited by Mike C on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Now Dig This has indeed shipped.

They'll be with us in a few days.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Crap.....playing the original album cuts (BIM) for the first time and it has a LOTS of tape hiss after
most songs....it suddenly goes away a split second before next track.This was not on the legacy edition.
Not noticable when playing at low volume.
Really annoying when listen to headphones :(

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 am

Re: The Back In Memphis FTD -- who mixed the alternate takes and undubbed masters? And who mastered this release? Do the liner notes indicate?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 am

Sebastian Jeansson.

Sebastian Jeansson.

Probably.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:Re: The Back In Memphis FTD -- who mixed the alternate takes and undubbed masters? And who mastered this release? Do the liner notes indicate?

Mastered by Sebastian Jeansson
Mixed by Vic Anesini

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm

KingElvis wrote:Crap.....playing the original album cuts (BIM) for the first time and it has a LOTS of tape hiss after
most songs....it suddenly goes away a split second before next track.This was not on the legacy edition.

How are you listening to these selections - ripped onto a computer?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Charley Rogers wrote:I got 3000 south paradise road and back in memphis today :)

But i wonder why the 2001 theme is not recorded on disc 1 of 3000 paradise road. I have the bootleg release "Blazing Into The Darkness" form years ago and on that disc the 2001 theme is there! Beats me why FTD didn't have it on this release

Are we sure 2001 is authentic on the old bootleg and not edited in from another show?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Matthew wrote:
Charley Rogers wrote:I got 3000 south paradise road and back in memphis today :)

Are we sure 2001 is authentic on the old bootleg and not edited in from another show?

Its edited from another show.. Elvisconcerts.com says so on their cd section

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Matthew wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Crap.....playing the original album cuts (BIM) for the first time and it has a LOTS of tape hiss after

How are you listening to these selections - ripped onto a computer?

Original discs......and mp3 files on mp3 player.
Hiss are on both sources.
Do you have the release yet?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

KingElvis wrote:Original discs......and mp3 files on mp3 player.

Mine is still in the mail. The reason I ask is that if the gaps have not been silenced between tracks and you are listening to them as mp3s, on many mp3 players you will experience a short 'complete silence' break, much them same as you would notice on live albums between songs.

Hiss is not a bad thing, it reveals noise reduction has likely not been used in mastering.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Matthew wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Original discs......and mp3 files on mp3 player.

Mine is still in the mail. The reason I ask is that if the gaps have not been silenced between tracks and you are listening to them as mp3s, on many mp3 players you will experience a short 'complete silence' break, much them same as you would notice on live albums between songs.

Hiss is not a bad thing, it reveals noise reduction has likely not been used in mastering.

Makes sense BUT its on original cds as well.
Maybe Ìm just beeing picky ..... :facep:
Its easy to fix but still a bit annoying for me beeing on the original release.
Last edited by KingElvis on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.