Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

February 15 1973 LV footage

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 am

Our man in trouble on stage.. but still trying to please his audience.
Elvis deserved a long break after Aloha instead of being in Vegas again.

And Charlie picks up as a pro.. reminds me of Baltimore '77!

phpBB [video]

Re: February 15 1973 LV footage

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 am

That's sad, he still looked so good but it was the start of the end.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 am

After he came back he completed the show...after Can`t Help..he reconsidered..the end is even fine...

Can't Help Falling In Love
Faded Love
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Polk Salad Annie
American Trilogy
Closing vamp
Final Announcement
After Show Comments

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am

Ciscoking wrote:After he came back he completed the show...after Can`t Help..he reconsidered..the end is even fine...

Faded Love
Polk Salad Annie
American Trilogy
Closing vamp
Final Announcement
After Show Comments

A true professional who cared about the fans....above and beyond the call of duty.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:After he came back he completed the show...after Can`t Help..he reconsidered..the end is even fine...

Faded Love
Polk Salad Annie
American Trilogy
Closing vamp
Final Announcement
After Show Comments

A true professional who cared about the fans....above and beyond the call of duty.

Ty Robert for sharing this footage and thread its great

Totally agree
with ya TCBFan

Yes Elvis was truly a true professional -
I cant think of any one today to do such a thing - The so called pop stars of today are just amateurs in my books - Only Elvis - Our King could do things and perform even whilst he was unwell - and please his devoted fans like he did - - God Bless Him -
We Will Nevr Ever Forget Him - Amen -

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

Faded Love
Polk Salad Annie
American Trilogy
Closing vamp
Final Announcement
After Show Comments

Absolutely.......

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 pm

karlos wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Faded Love
Polk Salad Annie
American Trilogy
Closing vamp
Final Announcement
After Show Comments

Ty Robert for sharing this footage and thread its great

Totally agree
with ya TCBFan

Yes Elvis was truly a true professional -
I cant think of any one today to do such a thing - The so called pop stars of today are just amateurs in my books - Only Elvis - Our King could do things and perform even whilst he was unwell - and please his devoted fans like he did - - God Bless Him -
We Will Nevr Ever Forget Him - Amen -

I hate to disagree, but I do. There were quite some occasions where Elvis showed not to be a true professional on stage unfortunately due to his abuse of prescribed medication. This February 1973 show may very well be one of the first occassions and it sure hinted on things to come. How much we want to remember Elvis for the many joyfull hours of material he left us, it would be silly to turn a blind eye for that.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Alexander wrote:
karlos wrote:Yes Elvis was truly a true professional - I cant think of any one today to do such a thing - The so called pop stars of today are just amateurs in my books - Only Elvis - Our King could do things and perform even whilst he was unwell - and please his devoted fans like he did - - God Bless Him - We Will Nevr Ever Forget Him - Amen -

I hate to disagree, but I do. There were quite some occasions where Elvis showed not to be a true professional on stage unfortunately due to his abuse of prescribed medication. This February 1973 show may very well be one of the first occasions and it sure hinted on things to come. How much we want to remember Elvis for the many joyful hours of material he left us, it would be silly to turn a blind eye for that.

Alexander, I totally agree. A month after "Aloha," and these were the kind of shows people were paying money to see. karlos is a nice guy, no doubt, but his posts are those of a fan who turns a very blind eye to reality.

Because of Elvis' health issues, 1973 would see several breaches of what "a true professional" should be, and 1974-1977 would offer even more examples, some so egregious it is painful to recall them, even today.

Elvis was great, but he was also human. We should never dishonor his memory by losing sight of this.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Alexander wrote:
karlos wrote:Yes Elvis was truly a true professional - I cant think of any one today to do such a thing - The so called pop stars of today are just amateurs in my books - Only Elvis - Our King could do things and perform even whilst he was unwell - and please his devoted fans like he did - - God Bless Him - We Will Nevr Ever Forget Him - Amen -

I hate to disagree, but I do. There were quite some occasions where Elvis showed not to be a true professional on stage unfortunately due to his abuse of prescribed medication.

This February 1973 show may very well be one of the first occasions and it sure hinted on things to come. How much we want to remember Elvis for the many joyful hours of material he left us, it would be silly to turn a blind eye for that.

Alexander, I totally agree. A month after "Aloha," and these were the kind of shows people were paying money to see. karlos is a nice guy, no doubt, but his posts are those of a fan who turns a very blind eye to reality.

Because of Elvis' health issues, 1973 would see several breaches of what "a true professional" should be, and 1974-1977 would offer even more examples, some so egregious it is painful to recall them, even today.

Elvis was great, but he was also human. We should never dishonor his memory by losing sight of this.

....................................................................................................................................

.Re - Dr. John Carpenters Reply -

- I Truly believe that Elvis was human ok with faults etc due to his health - Im very optimistic of what could have happened to him - Sorry to see things in a diffrent light to many others - Okay - ty for ya kind words by saying that Im a nice guy Doc- but my inceptions of Elvis life may differ to many as a fan -

I apologise for this - but in reality -Yes i agree with what you say that Elvis was gettn ill etc - this was due to medications he was taking and regular concert dates he did with out a rest - Elvis surely was Touring a lot - this was not his fault I feel but his management such as Colonel Tom Parker and such -

They expected a lot from Elvis who was used firstly by - Hollywood during the sixties and RCA when he started out -
Both companies used our idol on his recording career and movie career -

Elvis was a unique icon who was used by many during his career I feel- in recording industry and movie industry -

The Colonel made Elvis his puppet Ifeel .
- he could string along to pay off his debts etc - I think from the very start of his career until his timely death-

During some time in 75 - Elvis was going ta fire the Colonel as manager - because of his health issues and touring dates with out a rest -
......................................................................................................................................

This has come to light recently if u can remember - when Graceland was trying to sue RCA . /Elvis management for using Elvis - well this is more than 30 years late if u ask me for them to do this - This took place in Oct 2012 .approx 2 months months ago -
They should have realised it earlier -

back to the point now - Elvis surely was used by his management namely Colonel Tom Parker - and his team to pay off the colonels debts at Vegas - he did concerts non stop paying the Colonels debts -

Elvis 73 shows after Aloha were a tedious time when Elvis played more than 2 shows at times all week with out a rest at all -
Las Vegas towards the end of 76 was like prison for Elvis - Even on Tours all Elvis saw was his dressing room and stage then he flew to next town doing shows -

So there you have it Dr . John Carpenter - ok - you now have my point to this - Ty for reading

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I hate to disagree, but I do. There were quite some occasions where Elvis showed not to be a true professional on stage unfortunately due to his abuse of prescribed medication. This February 1973 show may very well be one of the first occasions and it sure hinted on things to come. How much we want to remember Elvis for the many joyful hours of material he left us, it would be silly to turn a blind eye for that.

.Re - Dr. John Carpenters Reply -

- I Truly believe that Elvis was human ok with faults etc due to his health - Im very optimistic of what could have happened to him - Sorry to see things in a diffrent light to many others - Okay - ty for ya kind words by saying that Im a nice guy Doc- but my inceptions of Elvis life may differ to many as a fan - I apologise for this - but in reality -Yes i agree with what you say that Elvis was gettn ill etc - this was due to medications he was taking and regular concert dates he did with out a rest - Elvis surely was Touring a lot - this was not his fault I feel but his management such as Colonel Tom Parker and such -

They expected a lot from Elvis who was used firstly by - Hollywood during the sixties and RCA when he started out -
Both companies used our idol on his recording career and movie career -

Elvis was a unique icon who was used by many during his career - I feel in recording industry and movie industry -

The Colonel made Elvis his puppet Ifeel .
- he could string along to pay off his debts etc - I think from the very start of his career until his timely death-

During some time in 75 - Elvis was going ta fire the Colonel as manager - because of his health issues and touring dates with out a rest -
......................................................................................................................................

This has come to light recently if u can remember - when Graceland was trying to sue RCA . /Elvis management for using Elvis - well this is more than 30 years late if u ask me for them to do this -
They should have realised it earlier -

back to the point now - Elvis surely was used by his management namely Colonel Tom Parker - and his team to pay off the colonels debts at Vegas - he did concerts non stop paying the Colonels debts -

Elvis 73 shows after Aloha were a tedious time when Elvis played more than 2 shows at times all week with out a rest at all -
Las Vegas towards the end of 76 was like prison for Elvis - Even on Tours all Elvis saw was his dressing room and stage then he flew to next town doing shows -

So there you have it Dr . John Carpenter - ok - you now have my point to this - Ty for reading

Hollywood did not use Elvis - they paid him to do a job, and paid him rather handsomely at that. If he got poor roles, he should and could have spoken up against that. He chose not to. Quite how RCA used him, I have no idea with the exception of the infamous 1973 deal over his catalogue. Again, he got paid to do a job. Yes the tours were too much and Elvis didn't get enough rest. But, again, he had a tongue in his head - he could have said "no".

We should not allow a weakness or personality flaw (the ability to stand up for oneself) as a reason to shift the blame for what happened to Elvis and how he performed on stage on to someone else. He signed the contracts, he had to live with them.