Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:05 pm

this one really touched me, must be that time of the year, check it out!!

http://www.muzikreviews.com/reviews.php?ID=2390

Re: Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Wishn you too SweetAngeline -Ty 4 sharing this -
and all members on board -''A Merry Xmas -And A Prosperous New Year ''
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

sweetangeline wrote:this one really touched me, must be that time of the year, check it out!!

http://www.muzikreviews.com/reviews.php?ID=2390


That was a wonderful review by Keith Hannaleck.

Yes, Christmas reissues abound, but this 2012 iteration is a lovely set for a newbie, or just someone who wants to find out what this Elvis guy was all about. And the simple, elegant cover design is a joy.


121011_The Classic Christmas Album_Presley.JPG
Elvis Presley - The Classic Christmas Album (Sony Music 88725455382, October 2012)
I'll Be Home For Christmas with Carrie Underwood
Blue Christmas with Martina McBride
Winter Wonderland
The First Noel
The Wonderful World Of Christmas
Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Merry Christmas Baby
I'll Be Home On Christmas Day
If Every Day Was Like Christmas
White Christmas
Silent Night
Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Santa Claus Is Back In Town
Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)
Blue Christmas




If you don't mind, here is Hannaleck's review:


Elvis Presley
The Classic Christmas Album


For a few months before Christmas arrives I feel like Scrooge. This has been happening for a quite a few years now since retailers and media started advertising their goods before the kids come to your door for candy. I find it all very annoying. I do not enjoy shopping or wrapping either! I know I am not alone with these feelings. So it really takes something special for this cloud over me to be lifted every year and it can only happen a few weeks before the day the presents are opened. I do enjoy that special time with my family and the joy of giving consumes me. The relief from the intrusive ads comes in the form of some classic yearly program on TV or a new music release. This year it was Elvis Presley that did it for me.

The Classic Christmas Album is one of a series from a stable of artists at the Sony Legacy label. You get 17 tracks on one CD for the bargain basement price of $6.99! Not bad considering the level of entertainment found on these tracks. Elvis was a special talent that has yet to be matched and probably never will be. He was one of the most talented, versatile and natural talents we have ever seen on the planet.

He takes all of his charismatic and eclectic musical talent and makes this collection of tracks spiritual like on “If Every Day Was Like Christmas” and bluesy Sun Records like with “Merry Christmas Baby.” We then step into today with the wonders of technology allowing Carrie Underwood to perform a duet with The King on ”I'll Be Home For Christmas” and Martina McBride gets her shot on “Blue Christmas” (which you also get to hear with just Elvis as the album closes out). Both ladies are fine talents and match up well with Elvis.

This was the essence of Elvis the entertainer, the innate ability to please nearly everyone by crossing over genres and generations. His far reaching appeal is still popular on a worldwide level and it is recordings like this collection that showcase that quintessential Elvis sound that we remember, have come to know or have just discovered. Any way you found the man’s music, the end result is always the same. You will walk away from one listen of this collection with an appreciation for a real and unusual talent that can be fully appreciated. Along with all the warm and fuzziness comes some sadness that he had to leave us so soon.

So the legend of Elvis Presley continues to grow and with that the Holidays have become much more bearable (at least in the second week of December) and meaningful thanks to one the greatest vocalist of all time.

Now go and have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!


*****

Key Tracks: Merry Christmas Baby, If Every Day Was Like Christmas, Blue Christmas

Keith “MuzikMan” Hannaleck - Founder, MuzikReviews.com
December 13, 2012
©MuzikReviews.com


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:That was a wonderful review by Keith Hannaleck.

Yes, Christmas reissues abound, but this 2012 iteration is a lovely set for a newbie, or just someone who wants to find out what this Elvis guy was all about. And the simple, elegant cover design is a joy.


very meaningful review that`s for sure, and sony kept it simple but very effective!!Thanks for your input DJC and your many posts throughout the year, always a joy to read. Merry Christmas to everyone here and a happy new year! 2013 just around the corner and 60 yrs ago a young man stopped into Sun because he wanted to make a record for his mom, or just maybe he wanted to hear what he sounded like...TBC

Re: Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:34 am

Thanks for the link, sweetangeline!
It Won't Seem Like Christmas without an Elvis Christmas song in the air.
Wishing all on this board a Merry and Peaceful Christmas!!

Re: Have yourself a merry little Elvis Christmas!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:That was a wonderful review by Keith Hannaleck.

Yes, Christmas reissues abound, but this 2012 iteration is a lovely set for a newbie, or just someone who wants to find out what this Elvis guy was all about. And the simple, elegant cover design is a joy.


very meaningful review that`s for sure, and sony kept it simple but very effective!!Thanks for your input DJC and your many posts throughout the year, always a joy to read. Merry Christmas to everyone here and a happy new year! 2013 just around the corner and 60 yrs ago a young man stopped into Sun because he wanted to make a record for his mom, or just maybe he wanted to hear what he sounded like...TBC


Thank you so very much. Merry Christmas to you and yours.