Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

For the Millionth and the Last Time - Revamp?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm

What you think about it?

phpBB [video]

Re: For the Millionth and the Last Time - Revamp?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Sounds really good. I can't tell whether you were able to strip Elvis' voice from the recording and add new background or whether the new background is recorded over the old.

A song that I'd really like to see a new background on is "They Remind Me Too Much of You." IMO the background on this song is really bad, especially during the instrumental opening - sounds like a buzzing sound throughout the recording. Is there a way you can give "They Remind Me Too Much of You" your magic touch?

Mystery Train

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Sounds really good. I can't tell whether you were able to strip Elvis' voice from the recording and add new background or whether the new background is recorded over the old.

A song that I'd really like to see a new background on is "They Remind Me Too Much of You." IMO the background on this song is really bad, especially during the instrumental opening - sounds like a buzzing sound throughout the recording. Is there a way you can give "They Remind Me Too Much of You" your magic touch?

Mystery Train

i'll see what i can do ;) i was able to remove most of the music, then added elvis vocal to the orchestral instrumental.
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm

::rocks This is brilliant Johnny 2523 - Lov It - Ty for sharing it - Its one of my favs by Elvis - ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Great, Johnny 2523. "They Remind Me Too Much Of You" is a fabulous Don Robertson song, but deserved to be recorded better, such as like "Anything That's Part Of You" and the other Don Robertson compositions recorded in Nashville.

Maybe this is the reason the intro sounds so bad, quoting Don Robertson:

One evening at Elvis' house in Bel Air he asked me to play his piano and we spent some time jamming, with Elvis and some of his friends singing. It was not long after that that I got called to play on his sessions for the soundtrack for It Happened At The World's Fair. We recorded for about twelve hours at Radio Recorders, completing the entire soundtrack in one day. There was a moment, when I had to fight for THEY REMIND ME TOO MUCH OF YOU, when someone mentioned that it resembled Chapel In The Moonlight. It wasn't Elvis that noticed the similarity, it was someone in the control booth while we were rehearsing. I was afraid they were going to throw the song out of the session, so I worked out new opening notes at the piano. Then I went over to Elvis where he was standing in front of his vocal mike and I sang him the new notes. He said, 'Fine. I think I can do that!' So that's the way he sang it on the next run through, and the powers that be in the booth said OK and we did a finished take.

MT

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 am

Any chance of you doing an mp3 download, this sounds very good indeed. Well done.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 am

I'd file this under "doing it just because I can" - like all remixes.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:27 am

You gotta love them synth strings.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 am

Very well done. (As for a download, well I always just ask the person if it's okay to do hit the RealPlayer button. If so, then you would either keep or strip the video, and place on your MP3 player. YouTube has a LOT of audio compression, meaning loss, but if it's not that big a concern with a particular piece of rare music, then ask. If okay, then it's easy. RealPlayer just upgraded to RealPlayerPlus 16. Today.)

Thank you!

rjm

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:46 am

Not interested in this kind of messing around with Elvis' work. Knock yourselves out if you like it.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 am

Wow! I love what you've done with this song!!! Keep it up - there are lots of songs that could be altered.....................that way we'll have more songs by Elvis.....................thanx again!!! I'll watch for more!!!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 am

stevelecher wrote:Not interested in this kind of messing around with Elvis' work. Knock yourselves out if you like it.

How do you like the new forum update?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am

promiseland wrote:
stevelecher wrote:Not interested in this kind of messing around with Elvis' work. Knock yourselves out if you like it.

How do you like the new forum update?

It's all right. It doesn't have anything to do with changing Elvis' art.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 am

Barbie wrote:Wow! I love what you've done with this song!!! Keep it up - there are lots of songs that could be altered.....................that way we'll have more songs by Elvis.....................thanx again!!! I'll watch for more!!!

thank you very much! :D