Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Here :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-1 ... 460accedfb

This japanese seller trying to fraud collectors coupling original US 45's with counterfeit PS.

Nice examples on how they can reproduce rare paper items with modern printing technology and Graphic Software.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I quite sure most here are well aware Heartbreak Hotel didn't have a standard picture sleeve in it's initial release.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Not sure it could be classed as fraud. Nowhere in the listing does the seller claim the sleeve is original. Just comes with picture sleeve.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 pm

promiseland wrote:I quite sure most here are well aware Heartbreak Hotel didn't have a standard picture sleeve in it's initial release.


Yes ! Just to alert and show how sellers can reproduce PS at home !

And you are always pretty promisedland, even with Santa dressing on !

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:27 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Not sure it could be classed as fraud. Nowhere in the listing does the seller claim the sleeve is original. Just comes with picture sleeve.



It's a well FRAUD ATTEMPTING indeed.

See in details : seller NEVER stated it comes with a homemade PS anywhere in listing description !

He also classified it as PROMO.....in the eBay top description.

FRAUD for non-expert Elvis collectors.

Already 6 chickens bidding on this crap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Sorry but I can't agree. Okay, seller doesn't state anywhere that it's a homemade sleeve but neither does he mention that it has an original sleeve. He says it comes with a picture sleeve, no more and no less. And that's exactly what he is selling - a disc with a picture sleeve. I know it's splitting hairs but the seller is doing nothing wrong. Less knowledgable collectors might read it and jump to the conclusion that the disc comes with an original picture sleeve but, like you say, that's why you need to do your homework before buying. Seller may be hoping buyer will jump to the wrong conclusion but his listing is accurate, although I can't comment on the promo claim.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
promiseland wrote:I quite sure most here are well aware Heartbreak Hotel didn't have a standard picture sleeve in it's initial release.


Yes ! Just to alert and show how sellers can reproduce PS at home !

And you are always pretty promisedland, even with Santa dressing on !

That's Colin in the Santa suit! :D

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Sorry but I can't agree. Okay, seller doesn't state anywhere that it's a homemade sleeve but neither does he mention that it has an original sleeve. He says it comes with a picture sleeve, no more and no less. And that's exactly what he is selling - a disc with a picture sleeve. I know it's splitting hairs but the seller is doing nothing wrong. Less knowledgable collectors might read it and jump to the conclusion that the disc comes with an original picture sleeve but, like you say, that's why you need to do your homework before buying. Seller may be hoping buyer will jump to the wrong conclusion but his listing is accurate, although I can't comment on the promo claim.


No: description is not accurate at all. If PS is homemade/fake has to be clearly stated in the description.

That's a simply attempt to jeopardize things and create appetite to non-expert collectors.

Foxy seller playing double standards there.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

promiseland wrote:
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
promiseland wrote:I quite sure most here are well aware Heartbreak Hotel didn't have a standard picture sleeve in it's initial release.


Yes ! Just to alert and show how sellers can reproduce PS at home !

And you are always pretty promisedland, even with Santa dressing on !

That's Colin in the Santa suit! :D


Ops... I meant : by the one dressing Santa on !

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:Sorry but I can't agree. Okay, seller doesn't state anywhere that it's a homemade sleeve but neither does he mention that it has an original sleeve. He says it comes with a picture sleeve, no more and no less. And that's exactly what he is selling - a disc with a picture sleeve. I know it's splitting hairs but the seller is doing nothing wrong. Less knowledgable collectors might read it and jump to the conclusion that the disc comes with an original picture sleeve but, like you say, that's why you need to do your homework before buying. Seller may be hoping buyer will jump to the wrong conclusion but his listing is accurate, although I can't comment on the promo claim.


No: description is not accurate at all. If PS is homemade/fake has to be clearly stated in the description.

That's a simply attempt to jeopardize things and create appetite to non-expert collectors.

Foxy seller playing double standards there.



Nope. Seller states disc comes with pic sleeve and SHOWS THE SLEEVE he will supply. Never at any point does he say it's a home made cover or a professionally printed cover. If he wanted to be really awkward he could show only the disc. In fact he could simply show only the disc and send buyer the Elvis disc with a Britney Spears PS. He would still be honouring the description in his listing, an Elvis disc and a picture sleeve.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 pm

The cover has also a Spelling error it reads Elvis Buggest hits...........don't Think Rca would let that pass in the fifthies....also it is a record that was the common name in those days not disc

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:10 pm

If you check, 'Heartbreak' Never came with a picture sleeve Only a bootleg sleeve. Neither did several other RCA early pressings that he is also selling on his site. Bootleg or Homemade what's the difference. Some records only came with company sleeves.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 pm

I have bought stuff from this guy, maybe he is looking at another market,

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 am

R2-D2 wrote:
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:Sorry but I can't agree. Okay, seller doesn't state anywhere that it's a homemade sleeve but neither does he mention that it has an original sleeve. He says it comes with a picture sleeve, no more and no less. And that's exactly what he is selling - a disc with a picture sleeve. I know it's splitting hairs but the seller is doing nothing wrong. Less knowledgable collectors might read it and jump to the conclusion that the disc comes with an original picture sleeve but, like you say, that's why you need to do your homework before buying. Seller may be hoping buyer will jump to the wrong conclusion but his listing is accurate, although I can't comment on the promo claim.


No: description is not accurate at all. If PS is homemade/fake has to be clearly stated in the description.

That's a simply attempt to jeopardize things and create appetite to non-expert collectors.

Foxy seller playing double standards there.



Nope. Seller states disc comes with pic sleeve and SHOWS THE SLEEVE he will supply. Never at any point does he say it's a home made cover or a professionally printed cover. If he wanted to be really awkward he could show only the disc. In fact he could simply show only the disc and send buyer the Elvis disc with a Britney Spears PS. He would still be honouring the description in his listing, an Elvis disc and a picture sleeve.


I do not agree.

Counterfeiters show sleeves & never say they're selling a fake as well as this japanese guy.

And do not agree again here : ......."If he wanted to be really awkward he could show only the disc".............

As he was selling the item WITH a fake PS to create appetite and raise more bids-money from his listings.

You know better than me if selling ONLY the disc would gain few bucks ....as US 45rpm's such those worth a damn as you can find them anywhere.

Anyway: the seller took off ALL the 45rpm's with the fake covers from eBay.

He probably realized he made a mistake on trying to sell such as completely legit releases and/or someone adviced him to take them off .

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm

By reading that listing I would assume the picture sleeve is original, therefore the seller is being misleading.

Re: FAKE homemade US picture sleeves on eBay BEWARE !

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

rickeap wrote:By reading that listing I would assume the picture sleeve is original, therefore the seller is being misleading.


Oh yes, that makes difference between a honest seller and a foxy one.

Honest sellers clearly state in the item's description whether a disc comes with an original PS or an homemade one !

And "yellow-face" got quite foxy.