Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis For Everyone FTD release yes or not.

Poll ended at Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:33 am

Yes.
74%
No.
26%

Total votes : 27

Re: Elvis For Everyone FTD release

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I thought it would be worth to revive this topic after a year or so. With the next FTD batch announced, although the third releases has not been decided yet, it could be that finally one of the possible releases is: Elvis For Everyone.

Taking a look on the original tracking list of the LP, they could make easily an expanded cd release, it doesn´t matter if it is 1 or 2 cds. This is what could be included on the FTD release:

Original Album:

-Your Cheatin´ Heart.
-Summer Kisses, Winter Tears.
-Finder Keepers, Losers Weepers.
-In My Way.
-Tomorrow Night.
-Memphis Tennessee.
-For The Millionth And The Last time.
-Forget Me Never.
-Sound Advice.
-Santa Lucia.
-I Met Her Today.
-When It Rains, It Really Pours.

Outtakes, bonus tracks and rare versions not included on other FTD Classic Album releases and that could be picked up from:

-Summer Kisses, Winter Tears. Takes: 3,4,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,19.
-Wild In The Country. Maracas Version included on the U.K LP Stereo version of Elvis For Everyone.
-In My Way. Takes: 3,7.
-Tommorow Night. Stereo Version if it ever excisted.
-Memphis Tennessee. Take: 5 (1964 Studio Recording).
-For The Millionth And The Last Time. Takes: 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,11.
-Sound Advice. Takes: 2,3,4,5.
-Santa Lucia: Vocal Overdub: 2,3,4,5,6 (Undubbed Master Take).
-I Met Her Today: 2,3,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,19,20.

http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/65091278/file.html
Wild In The Country-Maracas Version.

Your thoughts on this possible release are welcome as always ::rocks. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Source for recording data: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/index.html
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 pm

I would buy it Mike :D

:mrgreen:

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:02 pm

this release would be ridiculous,the only song on that lp that FTD still didn´t cover is Summer Kisses wither tears that for sure will get a separate classic album treatment.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 pm

I am in full support of ALL the original Elvis albums getting the full FTD classic album treatment. So what if there is repetition? There are those who WOULD buy them and others who would not.

ALL of these should get the Classic Album treatment:

Elvis
Elvis Golden Records
King Creole
Elvis Christmas Album
For LP Fans Only
A Date With Elvis
Flaming Star *
Elvis Golden Records Vol 3
Kissin' Cousins
Roustabout
Elvis For Everyone
Elvis Gold Records Vol 4
Speedway
Live A Little Love A Little*
Charro *
The Trouble With Girls *
Change Of Habit *
Memphs Sessions Vol 3 *

*OR:
Sings Flaming Star
Let's Be Friends
Almost In Love

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 pm

"Tickle Me" got an FTD, why not this Lp ?

Hardly a "Classic", but it's got some great cuts.

"When It Rains, It Really Pours" just Rocks ....

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 pm

The Tickle Me FTD gave me reason to hope that ALL original albums and Extended Plays with unique material (like Follow That Dream, Easy Come, Easy Go etc) would eventually become Classic Albums from FTD.
Last edited by skatterbrane on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:45 pm

"Summer Kisses Winter Tears" will be on the "Flaming Star" FTD release when it happens. If there had been an Elvis for Everyone release before the "Wild in the Country" release, then this album would have been viable as it had been a soundtrack of sorts to that movie...at least in the UK. Now, it's best to just release "Flaming Star" and move on.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:"Summer Kisses Winter Tears" will be on the "Flaming Star" FTD release when it happens.

I agree, but at least they could include on the FTD release of Elvis For Everyone, the maracas version of Wild In The Country :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 am

The only advantage to do a "Classic" FTD release with Elvis For Everyone would be to add as bonus tracks all the 60's Nashville and Hollywood outtakes that couldn't be squeezed in the earlier 60's FTD Classics. We all know that Elvis didn't go in Nashville to record a new non-movie album in 1965. RCA had to rely on left overs more or less and re-used earlier 45 rpm in stereo like Memphis Tennessee. We know there are some few outtakes from the Pot Luck sessions still officially unreleased. Still I think a third Memphis Session release would be better to cover the whole sessions and be done with it once and for all.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 am

This Album has always been a favorite of mine since I was a kid, It was one of my first records, I like all the songs alot, and I love the front and back Cover Art, I welcome an FTD.

Image Image

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:22 am

I am sure that Elvis For Everyone will come from FTD. Same for For LP Fans Only, A Date With Elvis, Let's Be Friends, Almost in Love and A Legendary Performer.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 am

minkahed wrote:"Tickle Me" got an FTD, why not this Lp ?

Hardly a "Classic", but it's got some great cuts.

"When It Rains, It Really Pours" just Rocks ....

I wish some outtakes of the RCA recording would ever see the light of day... :(

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Winston wrote:I am sure that Elvis For Everyone will come from FTD. Same for For LP Fans Only, A Date With Elvis, Let's Be Friends, Almost in Love and A Legendary Performer.

Why are you (and a few others) "sure" that there will be FTD classic issues for low-budget CAMDEN albums?

I really don't think it's gonna' happen, my friend.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

I hope not. Why would anyone spend 35.00 on this?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:19 pm

r&b wrote:I hope not. Why would anyone spend 35.00 on this?

Some people will buy anything with "Elvis" written on it.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm

They bought Hits of the 70s which contained nothing but masters.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

They bought Hits of the 70s which contained nothing but masters.

I understand that, but at least that album had a central theme. This album was a joke when released in 1965 and made Elvis seem further out of touch with the current music scene. It was , to this teen at the time, a major disappointment because we were promised a 'new' 10th anniversary studio album. We got retreads with a few (older) gems instead. Most of these songs have already been covered with outtakes on other FTD releases. So again I ask why? I am almost sure no outtakes exist of When It Rains. Did The Col influence you all that much?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 pm

I loved "Elvis For Everyone" when I was a kid. It was '65 and a pleasant change from the soundtracks. I played it to death. Yes, it would have been nice to get an album of new studio material at the time, but I suspect Elvis was too busy with the movies or not interested in doing so. At any rate I have nothing against this LP and look forward to an FTD release. Which I have no doubt will happen.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

I also loved Elvis For Everyone. But what is stupid, they squandered For The Asking only to come up with Elvis For Everyone? Does not make sense.

Something For Everybody is a fine album, but its is so homogenous and boring. Pot Luck is a bit more diverse in style, but still nothing like Elvis Is Back. I think For The Asking (or what would have been) is better than either Something For Everybody or Pot Luck.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 am

skatterbrane wrote:I also loved Elvis For Everyone. But what is stupid, they squandered For The Asking only to come up with Elvis For Everyone? Does not make sense.

Something For Everybody is a fine album, but its is so homogenous and boring. Pot Luck is a bit more diverse in style, but still nothing like Elvis Is Back. I think For The Asking (or what would have been) is better than either Something For Everybody or Pot Luck.

If RCA had released For The Asking LP (Cool cover)-Aka The "Lost Album" (Love this misterious cover) in 1963, this album would have reached at least the Top Ten Chart on Billboard easily :wink:. This album really rocks!. Bye for now :smt006.

For The Asking-Europe front cover.

For The Asking-Europe back cover.

The Lost Album-U.S cover.

It is an absolutely delight what FTD did with this Lost Album, it is one of my all-time favourite FTD releases 8). Bye for now :smt006.

FTD-Memphis Tennessee.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:16 am

CHECK THIS SITE OUT :arrow: http://www.elvisdvdcollector.com/Elvis-CDs_c11.htm 8)

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:23 am

Clay wrote:CHECK THIS SITE OUT :arrow: http://www.elvisdvdcollector.com/Elvis-CDs_c11.htm 8)

Tomorrow Night (Take 7)??

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 am

elvis-fan wrote:

Tomorrow Night (Take 7)??

It's rare.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 am

The Bay City Rollers??

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 am

skatterbrane wrote:I also loved Elvis For Everyone. But what is stupid, they squandered For The Asking only to come up with Elvis For Everyone? Does not make sense.

:shock:

Okay, some songs are quite boring to listen to sometimes. But you can always alter the tracklisting... :wink:

How 'bout this?

1. There's Always Me
2. In Your Arms
3. Sentimental Me
4. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell
5. Give Me The Right
6. I Want You With Me
7. Starting Today
8. Judy
9. It's A Sin
10. Put The Blame On Me
11. Gently