Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

As Recorded At Madison Square Garden-Legacy Edition?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello, I don't post on here too much, although I get on this site and enjoy the knowledge and wisdom of many of you on here. I've learned so much and look forward to more so in the years to come. Just a simple question today. I've looked at all the local stores for the Prince From Another Planet release to no avail. I did however get As Recorded At Madison Square Garden. Is the remastering the same on Prince as it is on ARAMSG? Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Mike from WV

Re: As Recorded At Madison Square Garden-Legacy Edition?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:19 pm

wvmaru wrote:Hello, I don't post on here too much, although I get on this site and enjoy the knowledge and wisdom of many of you on here. I've learned so much and look forward to more so in the years to come. Just a simple question today. I've looked at all the local stores for the Prince From Another Planet release to no avail. I did however get As Recorded At Madison Square Garden. Is the remastering the same on Prince as it is on ARAMSG? Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Mike from WV

Prince From Another Planet, both the afternoon and evening shows, have been remixed by Michael Brauer and remastered by Vic Anesini. The Legacy Edition of As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (which includes An Afternoon At The Garden) uses the original 1972 and 1997 mixes respectively, but are remastered by Vic Anesini.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks elvis-fan. I'll end up ordering the Prince from Another Planet version after the holidays. I've got all the Legacy Editions and will continue to buy them when they come out. Have you heard both versions? And if so, is there a big difference?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:31 pm

wvmaru wrote:Thanks elvis-fan. I'll end up ordering the Prince from Another Planet version after the holidays. I've got all the Legacy Editions and will continue to buy them when they come out. Have you heard both versions? And if so, is there a big difference?

I have both. IMO the PFAP remix/remaster is a significant improvement over the originals... much more depth to the sound and it gives an overall better listening experience. PFAP is my goto for these shows.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 am

Do you think that the Legacy Edition will be exactly what the FTD Classic Album Series will be?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 pm

I doubt there will ever be an FTD of Madison Square Garden now.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks again, I appreciate your input. :)

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Matthew wrote:I doubt there will ever be an FTD of Madison Square Garden now.

Maybe there will be one, remastered by L. R. :P

Anyway, is it worthwhile to purchase the legacy edition? I have PFAP and am really dissatisfied with the audio. And I have the Complete Masters set which contains the original MSG album.
Compared to the latter, is there any improvement on the legacy edition? If not, I won't spend another sixteen bucks just for the remaster of AAITG.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

If you have Complete Masters then you don't need the Legacy Edition for the Evening Show.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 pm

robg wrote:Legacy edition "From Elvis In Memphis" coming next on FTD "From Elvis In Memphis"
Legacy edition "On Stage" recently FTD "On Stage"
So not a good idea to rule anything out from FTD. :wink:

I normally wouldn't but in the case of the MSG shows, both shows have been remixed/remastered and issued in their entirety on PFAP and it's still available. The Legacy edition covers the original mixes for those fans that prefer them. FEIM Legacy has content not found on the FTD version and vice-versa... On Stage Legacy edition contains VA remastered versions of the original LP as well as In Person - while the FTD version contains other performances from the February engagement not found on the Legacy edition. My point is that there's nothing left to issue for the Madison Square Garden shows.