Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:11 am

my understanding the black jumpsuits of 1969 were swapped out for lighter/white jumpsuits in 1970 because of visibility
my question is when was the first instance elvis wore a black/really dark jumpsuit again?

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 am

I guess it was in the feb Vegas 1970 season....

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 am

JohanD wrote:I guess it was in the feb Vegas 1970 season....

The picture sleeves for the singles If You Talk in Your Sleep and Way Down show Elvis in a black jumpsuit, when were these taken?

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 am

Lonely Summer wrote:The picture sleeves for the singles If You Talk in Your Sleep and Way Down show Elvis in a black jumpsuit, when were these taken?


Taken by Ed Bonja at the Honolulu, Hawaii, afternoon show on November 18th 1972

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 am

That would be the black "Way Down" suit or black conquistador and it was worn in November of 1972, 1973, and a few times in 1974 according to this page:

http://elvis-collectors.com/cc1972-18.html

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 pm

I liked the dark suits as well as the white ones. Just never cared for the Burning Love.......and others that took on a 'life of their own'....lol

Re: black jumpsuits

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 pm

voldto wrote:my understanding the black jumpsuits of 1969 were swapped out for lighter/white jumpsuits in 1970 because of visibility
my question is when was the first instance elvis wore a black/really dark jumpsuit again?

While the outfits Elvis wore during the August 1969 Vegas season weren't actually jumpsuits, the first black jumpsuit worn by Elvis was during the February 1970 engagement.

Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD