Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hey Cisco . . . ?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 am

I was just curious what soundboard surprises you have for us for the New Year? Doesn't the mantle of soundboard selections for 2013 now belong to you?
That is of course if we all make it past 12/21/12 :D
Thanks,
Darrell

Re: Hey Cisco . . . ?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 am

Darrell wrote:I was just curious what soundboard surprises you have for us for the New Year? Doesn't the mantle of soundboard selections for 2013 now belong to you?
Thanks,
Darrell

8-28-1976 is rumoured!

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 am

Absolutely nothing is rumoured. Talk will start when the next SB are out..either way..

John,..you seem to be a fan of this show.. :lol: ..you mention it quite often..IIRC.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Absolutely nothing is rumoured. Talk will start when the next SB are out..either way...

Not true, Joachim -- I just rumoured a show in the second post.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Darrell wrote:I was just curious what soundboard surprises you have for us for the New Year? Doesn't the mantle of soundboard selections for 2013 now belong to you?
Thanks,
Darrell

8-28-1976 is rumoured!

Bring on the Summit show!
I need to close this chapter at some point..

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 pm

So you started the rumour, John..what is your source..? Definitely NOT me..my dear fellow... :lol:

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Robert wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thanks,
Darrell

8-28-1976 is rumoured!

A bootleg label better gets their hands on this one, it will never be selected by FTD for release (which I personally do not mind)...

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 am

Alexander wrote:
Robert wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thanks,
Darrell

8-28-1976 is rumoured!

A bootleg label better gets their hands on this one, it will never be selected by FTD for release (which I personally do not mind)...

We've seen Omaha '76 in horrendous sound even for a soundboard release.
1976 has been covered previously including shows below Elvis regular standards.
One track from College Park '74 was officially released.
(College Park is the worst ever in my book)
FTD is a label servicing the hardcore fanbase with material not suitable for mainstream distribution.
Houston could fit in that profile.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 am

Does nobody but me look past the sound mix on America, Omaha 1976, to understand why this concert was released? I think if it had the more normal sound mix, people would like it more. It's not that bad a show, by 1976 standards. It features a good HGTA, a good Now Or Never, and some good anecdotes from Elvis on his "marriage," and his time off. Of course I wish this sound mix wasn't so heavy with the female singers but the show is different from the usual 1976 show and that's why it was released.

Thank you Ernst and FTD for releasing this interesting concert.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 am

Does nobody but me look past the sound mix on America, Omaha 1976, to understand why this concert was released? I think if it had the more normal sound mix, people would like it more. It's not that bad a show, by 1976 standards. It features a good HGTA, a good Now Or Never, and some good anecdotes from Elvis on his "marriage," and his time off. Of course I wish this sound mix wasn't so heavy with the female singers but the show is different from the usual 1976 show and that's why it was released.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am

I'm not saying it's a bad show either.
To me it's an example that FTD is willing to release shows with inferior elements because of historic purposes...

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 am

What is historical about Omaha 1976..?..Don`t understand..The main reason for releasing this concert obviously was to cover another tour...I am not saying it was a bad show..but not historical..or what are you referring to..?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 pm

stevelecher wrote:Does nobody but me look past the sound mix on America, Omaha 1976, to understand why this concert was released? I think if it had the more normal sound mix, people would like it more. It's not that bad a show, by 1976 standards. It features a good HGTA, a good Now Or Never, and some good anecdotes from Elvis on his "marriage," and his time off. Of course I wish this sound mix wasn't so heavy with the female singers but the show is different from the usual 1976 show and that's why it was released.

Extemely well said Steve////.......

any show covering a tour i have NOT heard is welcome.....
obviously recent 1972 rehearsal AND Vegas show satisfy's my August 1972 interests!~ 8)

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Ciscoking wrote:What is historical about Omaha 1976..?..Don`t understand..The main reason for releasing this concert obviously was to cover another tour...I am not saying it was a bad show..but not historical..or what are you referring to..?

That's what I mean, covering each Elvis Presley tour, also in 1976.
That itself is of historic importance.
Agree we're not talking about Vegas opening night in 1969 here though :wink:

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Robert wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:What is historical about Omaha 1976..?..Don`t understand..The main reason for releasing this concert obviously was to cover another tour...I am not saying it was a bad show..but not historical..or what are you referring to..?

That's what I mean, covering each Elvis Presley tour, also in 1976.
That itself is of historic importance.
Agree we're not talking about Vegas opening night in 1969 here though :wink:

Okay,..I have gotten your point now.... ::rocks

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 am

The only 1976 soundboard I want to hear in its entirety...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.