Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha to get 'prince from another planet' style makeover

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

If a Legacy Edition is forthcoming let us hope 1988's atrocious digital experiment with the rehearsal show is not considered an "original mix" and thus used for re-issue.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

i rather would wanna see Elvis In Lake Tahoe - Deluxe Edition, 2 CD featuring the May 9 1976 complete soundboard, with additional booklet with season overview, and a dvd with as much live footage from lake tahoe shows during the years... ofcoarse thats only a dream :(

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:52 pm

im in

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:I'd have to see what's on it before deciding if I'd want to get it or not

Take a wild guess! :wink:

Geoff

all of the concerts(CD's)? and what will be on the dvd's?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 pm

r&b wrote:Not interested personally and I think it would be a bomb commercially.

Same here......Aloha contains some really bad/poor tracks IMO.......like "Suspicious Minds" and "My Way".

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:31 pm

WASTE OF TIME - I Won't be buying it

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:40 pm

KingElvis wrote:
r&b wrote:Not interested personally and I think it would be a bomb commercially.

Same here......Aloha contains some really bad/poor tracks IMO.......like "Suspicious Minds" and "My Way".

Better than Rapid City, that's for sure.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Matthew wrote:
KingElvis wrote:

altough my way is alot better in rapid city then in aloha..

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm

It seems strange to me that people are not as interested in a remix of the Alternate show as I thought. I'm not sure it will "bomb", for Aloha is something that Elvis is remembered for (rightly or wrongly) and the show does have historical significance. But we shall see.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

I suppose MGM COULD also do an expanded TTWII or Elvis on Tour as well. If we are trying to consider potential sales, I would imagine these two releases would have more success compared to all that has been released with AFH. Nevertheless it seems to all be speculation on the part of Elvis Matters.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

KingElvis wrote:Same here......Aloha contains some really bad/poor tracks IMO.......like "Suspicious Minds" and "My Way".

Stop it...

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 pm

KingElvis wrote:

you're kidding, right?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:52 pm

If Aloha does get a PFAP package and updated - I surely will get it - Its about time they repackaged a dvd and cd of Aloha shows - I do own Aloha deluxe edition and single dvd editions - It will be great if they did repackage this to include more of Press Conferences on it and perhaps more back stage footage before show that may be available .

If they can do it for MSG they can do it for Hawaiian shows of '73 -

Cmon folks and fans alike - Elvis sure did great on Aloha - whats the fuss -

pl.let me know as im lost by some disliking the shows -

It wa s a musical event - Please Think about it -

Elvis was the first superstar / megastar to perform via satellite to evry part of the globe -

It bought in over a billion viewers worldwide -
who couldnt travel to see him in Hawaii on Jan 14th 73 -

did u all know that Elvis used to buy first 10 tickets for evry show he did -
( Trivia for u -Lol )

Elvis sure looked great nd sounded great -well thats my opinion any way - Aloha is one of my favorite show - He slimmed down , looked great - in American Eagle Suit - , sounded great -
He had a challenge to achieve and I guess he achieved his status -
From Aloha in 73 he went on Tour at Vegas etc -

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 am

karlos wrote:If Aloha does get a PFAP package and updated - I surely will get it - Its about time they repackaged a dvd and cd of Aloha shows - I do own Aloha deluxe edition and single dvd editions - It will be great if they did repackage this to include more of Press Conferences on it and perhaps more back stage footage before show that may be available .

Elvis was the first superstar / megastar to perform via satellite to evry part of the globe -

( Trivia for u -Lol )

Elvis sure looked great nd sounded great -well thats my opinion any way - Aloha is one of my favorite show - He slimmed down , looked great - in American Eagle Suit - , sounded great -

Good post.

There's a press conference as an 'easter egg' on the special Edition DVD of ALOHA which would look great cleaned up and included in a new version release a la PFAP. Maybe there are more unreleased elements which would be fantastic to add too, such as photos etc. If this were the case it has to be said that the rehearsal show includes one of the best captured live versions of "Fever" from the 1970s, also 'Steamroller' and "What Now My Love" are great versions...The rehearsal if remixed by Brauer has the potential to sound better than what we've got for sure.

An ALOHA documentary would be very interesting with selected footage from both shows included. All things considered I think a PFAP style release for ALOHA would be fantastic...

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:
karlos wrote:If Aloha does get a PFAP package and updated - I surely will get it - Its about time they repackaged a dvd and cd of Aloha shows - I do own Aloha deluxe edition and single dvd editions - It will be great if they did repackage this to include more of Press Conferences on it and perhaps more back stage footage before show that may be available .

( Trivia for u -Lol )

Good post.

There's a press conference as an 'easter egg' on the special Edition DVD of ALOHA which would look great cleaned up and included in a new version release a la PFAP. Maybe there are more unreleased elements which would be fantastic to add too, such as photos etc. If this were the case it has to be said that the rehearsal show includes one of the best captured live versions of "Fever" from the 1970s, also 'Steamroller' and "What Now My Love" are great versions...The rehearsal if remixed by Brauer has the potential to sound better than what we've got for sure.

An ALOHA documentary would be very interesting with selected footage from both shows included. All things considered I think a PFAP style release for ALOHA would be fantastic...

yes ''a mess of blues'' - i know of this easter egg on single versions of aloha - but I believe there are more footage around of Sept 4th 72 and Nov '20th 72 press conference footage around - they should be cleaned up and shared to the world of Elvis fans -

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:35 am

karlos wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:

( Trivia for u -Lol )

Good post.

yes ''a mess of blues'' - i know of this easter egg on single versions of aloha - but I believe there are more footage around of Sept 4th 72 and Nov '20th 72 press conference footage around - they should be cleaned up and shared to the world of Elvis fans -

I agree...

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am

Wouldn't It Be Great If They Included A DVD Chapter Called "Stoned" Where We Could Actually Watch El In both Press Conferences Unedited.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:42 am

How about a Blu-ray HD version? With that in mind, how about Blu-ray disk of TTWII, On Tour and 68 Special :D

robbie wrote:It would nice to have the 2 shows with all new camera angles where poss, lookin at the Japanese version it looks so different a fresh way of lookin at it :?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 am

docfreem wrote:Wouldn't It Be Great If They Included A DVD Chapter Called "Stoned" Where We Could Actually Watch El In both Press Conferences Unedited.

yea docfreem -
that would be great ta see - But not titled ''Stoned '' Lol - Cmon buddy
- Elvis was really tired when he gave press conference on Sept 4th 72 in white suit - I truly believe that buddy - -This would be a grt conept ta see both press conference in its entirety n both of them cleaned up for grt viewing -
it may boost sales figures too - lets hope and pray for this ta be released
::rocks

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am

karlos wrote:
docfreem wrote:Wouldn't It Be Great If They Included A DVD Chapter Called "Stoned" Where We Could Actually Watch El In both Press Conferences Unedited.

yea docfreem -
that would be great ta see - But not titled ''Stoned '' Lol - Cmon buddy
- Elvis was really tired when he gave press conference on Sept 4th 72 in white suit - I truly believe that buddy - -This would be a grt conept ta see both press conference in its entirety n both of them cleaned up for grt viewing -
it may boost sales figures too - lets hope and pray for this ta be released
::rocks

With all the aforementioned elements we've got a cracking release Karlos...

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:17 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
Matthew wrote:
KingElvis wrote:

Nah, Elvis' vocal performance is much better in Honolulu.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 am

Matthew wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Matthew wrote:
KingElvis wrote:

Nah, Elvis' vocal performance is much better in Honolulu.

Aloha probably has the better arrangement, but his vocal - ironically - sounds more rounded and assured on the EIC version.
Plus his voice doesn't crack on the last note as per Aloha either. :smt002

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 am

I'd be interested in some sort of a Legacy Aloha release, but PFAP style? No.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 am

rlj4ep wrote:Speaking of Aloha, has any rehearsal audio ever surfaced? I don't mean the rehearsal show, but any rehearsals Elvis had prior to the performances.

rlj

Some documentation has surfaced that has indicated that Elvis considered covering two songs that aren't necessarily associated with Elvis.

Daryl

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:58 am

Daryl wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:Speaking of Aloha, has any rehearsal audio ever surfaced? I don't mean the rehearsal show, but any rehearsals Elvis had prior to the performances.

rlj

Some documentation has surfaced that has indicated that Elvis considered covering two songs that aren't necessarily associated with Elvis.

Daryl

Thanks so much Daryl. Any idea of what those two songs may have been?

rlj