Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Just ordered more FTD CDs today!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words, it was an enjoyable release to get into and write about.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 pm

GuitarKing wrote:I just ordered 3000 South Paridise rd and Elvis Back in Memphis!! Looking forward to this!

Likewise.

It was a tough call, but I decided to resist "Hits of the 70's".

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:28 pm

I had no trouble resisting 3000 Paradise Road. I may order Back In Memhis eventually. Although I have FEIM/BIM (Legacy), and I find my appetite for outtakes is fading.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 pm

In addition to Pot Luck and Something For Everybody, Elvis Sings Guitar Man is essential

Completely agree Matthew, and thanks for the review. It's one of my favourite FTDs, one I keep coming back to. The sound quality is just superb.

I've not got the Memphis Tennessee FTD yet, but that's next on my hitlist, along with Back In Memphis, Elvis Presley Bld, and Fool.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Robert wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:
thistrain wrote:Our Memories of Elvis Volume 1, 2, 3 FTD CD

Tom

Dont know what you have already in your collection but this one should not
be a high priority :?

Maybe true but nothing beats the "pure Elvis" sound doesn't it?
The Victrola boot sounds better though..

thats good to know... because I passed on the FTD because I have the Victrola version.....

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

I'd go for the Nevada Nights 2CD at some point if you're a 70s fan thistrain!

thistrain wrote:Thanks for the comments all! As for why I chose Our Memories of Elvis, basically I heard it was a great set and I really like the song selection. The 70's might be my favorite era of Elvis, probably not his best but my most favorite. So this should be an interesting listen, the 'Pure Elvis' sound.

As for my FTD collection, I have 21 titles and plan on getting more little by little. I don't want to own them all, they're pretty expensive and some I'd only listen to once or twice. Anyhow, here's the ones I already own:

A Boy from Tupelo, Elvis Presley, Elvis is Back, His Hand in Mine, How Great Thou Art, In Person, On Stage, That's The Way It Is, Elvis Country, Love Letters, Wonderful World of Christmas, Elvis Now, He Touched Me, Elvis/Fool, Raised on Rock, Good Times, Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis, Promised Land, Today, The Wonder of You, and New Year's Eve.

Any essential titles missing? I meant to order Pot Luck with Elvis and Something for Everybody today but forgot. However I don't think they're going anywhere. I don't have any soundtrack titles, kind of hate to stick my toe into that deep pool. Some are definitely worth having, like Loving You, Blue Hawaii, and G.I. Blues, but there's lots that aren't (I'm looking at you, Harum Scarum.)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm

GuitarKing wrote:I just ordered 3000 South Paridise rd and Elvis Back in Memphis!! Looking forward to this!

that works for me too......... 8) 8)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

tt- If you ordered all of these under one order it may be a while before you see any of them. ShopElvis will wait on the BIM release before shipping the other ones. I learned this the hard way. It could be Februaury before you see them, LOL, They recommend placing 2 different orders when one is a new release. Hopefully you diid this and won't have to wait. Good choices!!(except maybe OM)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Robert wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:

Tom

Many of the songs just sound weird IMO.....like "Way Down"
The few tracks that are good was already available in superiour sound on Jap releases but
for those who hasnt heard these before they might like at least some of the versions included here.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:13 pm

KingElvis wrote:
Robert wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:

Tom

Many of the songs just sound weird IMO.....like "Way Down"
The few tracks that are good was already available in superiour sound on Jap releases but
for those who hasnt heard these before they might like at least some of the versions included here.

Yeah, I didn't hear any of the Our Memories tracks until I got the FTD. I'm a huge fan of the songs, but you're right that some of them are really weird. Glad I've got it though, and certainly an interesting listen. I'm annoyed the bootleg sounds better according to the experts on here :(

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:46 am

Update: I also ordered Something for Everybody and Pot Luck with Elvis FTDs during the store-wide sale last week. So that makes 5 new FTDs coming my way soon!