Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LOVE ME NEW EP

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Coming soon a ‘Compact 33 EP’ that could have been released in December, 1960. Supposedly everything was ready for this release back then. There is recently discovered official RCA paperwork - ‘RCA Listing Notice’ – that shows the preparation for the release, assigning catalogue number ‘LPC-123’ to the release. For reasons still unknown the release was withdrawn at the very last moment. The title track ‘Love Me’ was obviously well chosen to be released just before the Christmas of 1960. The other tracks ‘Hound Dog’, ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ and ‘Jailhouse Rock’ are of course huge hits for and by Elvis, adding excitement to the release. Now, 52 years later, this EP is finally released to and for the Elvis fans! A fantastic produced release in a stunning and wonderful looking full color sleeve. The EP is available in traditional black colored vinyl but also in special blue colored vinyl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LOVE ME NEW EP

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm

If this would have been released at the time, then they would have used a recent (1960) photo, and not one from ’56.

It’s almost as if the producers couldn’t make up their minds between making this a cool retro 50s design or one that was typical for RCA in he early 60s, and as a result, this one misses the mark somewhat.

The colourization has also been overdone a bit, and Elvis looks as if he spent too much time in the sun.

A somewhat pointless release by It’s Elvis Time, and rather expensive too. It’s almost the same price as ‘Prince from another Planet’, which gives you a great package with 2 CDs, one DVD and a great booklet… Including unique material of course, while the single only contains songs that we already have hundreds of times in our collections.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Rock Legend wrote:If this would have been released at the time, then they would have used a recent (1960) photo, and not one from ’56.

It’s almost as if the producers couldn’t make up their minds between making this a cool retro 50s design or one that was typical for RCA in he early 60s, and as a result, this one misses the mark somewhat.

The colourization has also been overdone a bit, and Elvis looks as if he spent too much time in the sun.

A somewhat pointless release by It’s Elvis Time, and rather expensive too. It’s almost the same price as ‘Prince from another Planet’, which gives you a great package with 2 CDs, one DVD and a great booklet… Including unique material of course, while the single only contains songs that we already have hundreds of times in our collections.

why use a 1960 photo if it was a 1956 ep

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 am

Probably a circa 1960 photo would have been selected for the front at least, had it come out. But, still, It's a great, early 1956 image, and the tracks are from that period. It's not one I'm familiar with, either

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:22 am

This is the RCA 'Listing Notice' and 'Album Information Notice' for the EP that never was

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:02 am

elviscollector wrote: why use a 1960 photo if it was a 1956 ep

It's not a 1956 EP, this one was supposed to be released in 1960/'61, remember?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 am

elviscollector wrote:Coming soon a ‘Compact 33 EP’ that could have been released in December, 1960.

Topic posted earlier.....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73744

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 pm

A release that LOOKS nice, but, really, who's pockets are being lined here?