Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

question about are you lonesome tonigh laughing version

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I was orginazing my EP collection in i-tunes by year/date and i stumbled upon the song "Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight" on the Collectors Gold Box. According to the booklet this song is from Aug. 26, 1969 MS. This show is previously released on the FTD CD "All Shook Up". But the intro of "Surrender" is not played before Are You Lonesome Tonight. When I listen carefully to Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight, it seems that RCA did an "insert" before the song Are You Lonesome Tonight (just as Venus did with the Operation Big Apple CD in order to believe that Elvis band member messed up before playing "I I Can't Stop Loving You" (you hear the intro of Cant Help Falling In Love).

Anyway, do you guys know on what CD the intro of Surrender was released on?

Re: question about are you lonesome tonigh laughing version

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Charley Rogers wrote:I was orginazing my EP collection in i-tunes by year/date and i stumbled upon the song "Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight" on the Collectors Gold Box. According to the booklet this song is from Aug. 26, 1969 MS. This show is previously released on the FTD CD "All Shook Up". But the intro of "Surrender" is not played before Are You Lonesome Tonight. When I listen carefully to Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight, it seems that RCA did an "insert" before the song Are You Lonesome Tonight (just as Venus did with the Operation Big Apple CD in order to believe that Elvis band member messed up before playing "I I Can't Stop Loving You" (you hear the intro of Cant Help Falling In Love).

That intro of Surrender was recorded on August 21, 1969 and was released on "Viva Las Vegas" (CD-2).
http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Las-Vegas-De ... B000UIHSVG

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 am

Charley Rogers wrote:I was orginazing my EP collection in i-tunes by year/date and i stumbled upon the song "Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight" on the Collectors Gold Box. According to the booklet this song is from Aug. 26, 1969 MS. This show is previously released on the FTD CD "All Shook Up". But the intro of "Surrender" is not played before Are You Lonesome Tonight. When I listen carefully to Surrender/Are You Lonesome Tonight, it seems that RCA did an "insert" before the song Are You Lonesome Tonight (just as Venus did with the Operation Big Apple CD in order to believe that Elvis band member messed up before playing "I I Can't Stop Loving You" (you hear the intro of Cant Help Falling In Love).

It was on 1991's Collector's Gold that RCA "flew in" the one-liner of "Surrender" from the 8-21-1969 MS, with the performance of "Are You Lonesome To-night?" from the 8-26-1969 MS.

As noted, the release of the one-liner in its proper place, just before "Runaway," was on the 2xCD edition of the live collection called Viva Las Vegas.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:17 pm

On May 25, 1974 MS in Lake Tahoe Elvis again did a oneliner of Surrender..just before You Don`t Have To Say You Love Me..just a side note.. :wink:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

thank you guys for answering!