Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

My Elvis Tree

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Not 100% done yet. Still have the Elvis stockings and shelf display to set-up. These pictures don't do it justice. It looks 100% better in person.

And Doc. See the Elvis books on my bookshelf? Told you I read books! :smt001

Happy Holidays Everyone!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My Elvis Tree

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:Not 100% done yet. Still have the Elvis stockings and shelf display to set-up. These pictures don't do it justice. It looks 100% better in person.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Amazing images. As for the floor bookshelf, did you sneak a hardcover in there?

special bookshelf on floor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 am

wow your tree is soooo beautiful. well done :smt023

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 am

Good grief is it December already?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 am

No.

But if Elvis can sing Blue Christmas in July, then it is fine for someone to put their Christmas tree up in mid November.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 am

Rob wrote:No.

But if Elvis can sing Blue Christmas in July, then it is fine for someone to put their Christmas tree up in mid November.

LOL!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 am

Rob wrote:No.

That's me told then :wink:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ElvisTheKid wrote:Not 100% done yet. Still have the Elvis stockings and shelf display to set-up. These pictures don't do it justice. It looks 100% better in person.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Amazing images. As for the floor bookshelf, did you sneak a hardcover in there?

special bookshelf on floor.jpg

It's actually a full bookshelf but I blacked out all the other shelves because there are pics of family member in them.

As for the books, yes there is a hard cover book called The King by Jim Piazza.

http://www.amazon.com/The-King-Jim-Piazza/dp/1579124623

Also on the shelf:
The Images Of Elvis - Marie Clayton (I actually have 2 version of the same book but one is a smaller version - gifts)
When Elvis Dies - Neal and Janice Gregory
Good Rockin Tonight - Peter Guralnick
Gospel Side Of Elvis - Joe Mosched
Elvis - Susan Behar
The Elvis Treasures
Return Of The King - Gillian Gear

Along with 2 Elvis puzzles and a trivia game.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:42 am

Beautiful! And it's NOT too early . . . okay, maybe it's two days early, that's all. Once the REAL Santa Claus walks into Macy's on Thanksgiving morning, then IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! Shoot, I've known that all my life! "Miracle On 34th Street" is THE great Thanksgiving movie! And it's also a Christmas movie.

So, that said, wow! I have quite a few Elvis ornaments, but you seem to have almost all of 'em, and the beautiful Graceland-ChristmasTown. Love it! With a Mystery Train Choo Choo!

Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays to all!

"And He Shall Reign For Ever and Ever." (No sacrilege. I never said WHO it refers to! Never.)

Here it comes! Let's get down.

phpBB [video]

:smt114

rjm

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 pm

rjm wrote:Beautiful! And it's NOT too early . . . okay, maybe it's two days early, that's all. Once the REAL Santa Claus walks into Macy's on Thanksgiving morning, then IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! Shoot, I've known that all my life! "Miracle On 34th Street" is THE great Thanksgiving movie! And it's also a Christmas movie.

So, that said, wow! I have quite a few Elvis ornaments, but you seem to have almost all of 'em, and the beautiful Graceland-ChristmasTown. Love it! With a Mystery Train Choo Choo!

Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays to all!

"And He Shall Reign For Ever and Ever." (No sacrilege. I never said WHO it refers to! Never.)

Here it comes! Let's get down.

phpBB [video]

rjm

There is no real Santa Claus rjm it's only a make believe person to get kids to behave.
I quit believing in Santa at age 2. Only things I know for sure is the real and that would be the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

You know, when I saw the pictures of all the hanging Elvis decorations etc, I thought to myself 'no way will that work, it'll just look tacky'.
I'm happy to say, I was so wrong. It looks great - especially with the white tree all lit up.

I can almost hear E singing White Christmas in the background!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Fabulous..........love it

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow!! That is fantastic ElvisTheKid ! I wish I had that in my home.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Nice

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

Time to revivify this topic! The Big Man's comin' to town! He's makin' a list, and checkin' it twice! (Some FTD's on my list!)

I have a few representative pics, because Elvis is ALL OVER my tree, among an eclectic group of tree-dwellers. But here's a few shots!

Like to see yours! (I still haven't got my Equestrian Ornaments, from the Summer of '69, but I'm patient.)

You'll see Elvis M&Ms near Elvis in the shots, in case he gets hungry, just hangin' around, you know? ;)

Also, I've got a fascimile of his "driver's license" in one area.

GoldSuit_MM_resize.jpg

JailhouseRocker_resize.jpg

FineQuality_resize_crop.jpg

And if you look closely, you'll see another Elvis M&M above the guitar, in a jumpsuit. I'm sure he loved peanut M&Ms!

ElGuitar_resize.jpg

That's it for now. (I have an "If I Can Dream," too. But your turn!)

rjm
P.S. -- You can check out the whole album, Elvis and other neat stuff, here (if you are signed into Facebook):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.259428060850029.62790.100003485127914&type=1

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Rocking around the Christmas Tree
Have a happy holiday
Everyone's dancing merrily!!!

That's really cool, ElvisTheKid!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 pm

I've always found this kind of thing to be a little sacreligious. Can you imagine an Elton John fan hanging pics and ornaments of Elton John on his Xmas tree? Isn't it about celebrating the birth of Christ?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Tony.. wrote:I've always found this kind of thing to be a little sacreligious. Can you imagine an Elton John fan hanging pics and ornaments of Elton John on his Xmas tree? Isn't it about celebrating the birth of Christ?

It may be now since christianity hijacked the season. Originally it was to celibrate mid winter and the promise of the sun returning. That is why greenery such as holy etc was placed to herald the future comming of greenary. It was a pagen celebration that the christians adopted as they couldn't beat it. Jesus wasn't even born on the 25th December!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I've always found this kind of thing to be a little sacreligious. Can you imagine an Elton John fan hanging pics and ornaments of Elton John on his Xmas tree? Isn't it about celebrating the birth of Christ?

It may be now since christianity hijacked the season. Originally it was to celibrate mid winter and the promise of the sun returning. That is why greenery such as holy etc was placed to herald the future comming of greenary. It was a pagen celebration that the christians adopted as they couldn't beat it. Jesus wasn't even born on the 25th December!

If you live in the North of England, the chance of seing ANY sun is slim at any time of year!! There's nothing to celebrate there! :smt003

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!!!!!
Just to clear up some comments:
I do have a separate area where I have a nativity set-up with some other religious representatives so I do tend to Christmas for its very sacred meaning.

This is one of those hobbies that just snowballed. Many years ago I picked up some Elvis ornaments to put on my tree with a bunch of other random ones. The next year I picked up a few more. The year after that, the same thing. It then just became an annual thing sort of like people who collect Hess Trucks.

Elvis was into Christmas as well as being very religious so being a fan of the king, it all just ties together for me. It's nice to come home from a stressful day to a Drink, Elvis Music, and a Christmas Display.

RJM - you have some cool ones too. I'm actually bidding on the one black Christmas ball with Elvis' picture on it on E-bay.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:

If you live in the North of England, the chance of seing ANY sun is slim at any time of year!! There's nothing to celebrate there! :smt003

It can certainly seem like that :cry: Sometimes I wished I lived in California where their moto is 'Summertime all the time'. But then I would miss the Christmas snow we get in the Scottish Highlands :)

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:

It can certainly seem like that :cry: Sometimes I wished I lived in California where their moto is 'Summertime all the time'. But then I would miss the Christmas snow we get in the Scottish Highlands :)

'Summertime all the time'. That might happen only in San Diego.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Francesc wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:

'Summertime all the time'. That might happen only in San Diego.

That is interesting. When I was in Huntington Beach (where the surfers all go, according to the song 'Surfer Joe') I bought a car sticker with that moto on. As you say it must have just meant southern California!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 am

Chris,

It all depends of the place, in San Francisco can be cold all year around while in Central Valley, we can be 100F during the summer.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 am

Chris Roberts wrote:

his birth should be celebrated in the fall....by those who believe in all that...humans have very poor memories......plus we tend to think that what we are doing now is right vs learning history........