Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Burning Hot Tonight

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Here is a new release from Straigh Arrow:

Coming out soon is the new Straight Arrow single CD titled "Burning Hot Tonight", featuring the Las Vegas, August 24th, 1972 Dinner show. This is a previously unreleased mono audience recording in remarkably good sound. It is taken from a recently found source which has never been in circulation (however, an alternate recording in inferior quality is out there, but this new source is far better quality). Straight Arrow's sound man was able to improve the sound quality noticeably. Ask your local dealer for samples!

The dinner show from August 24th, 1972 is another topnotch performance by Elvis. He’s right in the middle of the engagement, with still about two weeks left, but he delivers the goods and puts his soul especially into the power ballads.

As usual, this release is presented in Straight Arrow's standard deluxe digipack with photos taken at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel in August/September 1972. It was designed by one of the best graphic artists in the Elvis world.

Tracks:
01. Announcement by Rex Martin - 02. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 03. C. C. Rider - 04. Johnny B. Goode - 05. Proud Mary - 06. Until It's Time For You To Go - 07. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 08. You Gave Me A Mountain - 09. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - 10. Polk Salad Annie - 11. Instrumental Intermezzo / Monologue - 12. What Now My Love - 13. Fever - 14. Love Me - 15. Blue Suede Shoes - 16. Heartbreak Hotel (with reprise) - 17. All Shook Up - 18. Little Sister / Get Back - 19. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don' Be Cruel - 20. Hound Dog - 21. Love Me Tender - 22. Suspicious Minds - 23. Introductions of singers, musicians, orchestra - 24. My Way - 25. A Big Hunk O' Love - 26. An American Trilogy - 27. Can't Help Falling In Love.

Re: Burning Hot Tonight

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 pm

I will have to own this and the art work is fantastic!
::rocks

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

:D wow another Rex Martin tape and a good show.. i have a tape of this from an inferior source and have been wanting this great show in good sound...looks like another MUST HAVE from SA :D 8)

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:51 pm

I really like the artwork on this!

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 pm

One of my favorite Vegas seasons. Is this and the two CD set from Syracuse both coming out ? I haven't heard any samples from that one yet and now SA announce this title. Hopefully, the sound on this one is as good as SA's other releases from this stint in Vegas.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Excellent addition to the collection !

What we have on cd-r "Red Hot In Vegas"is nothing to brag about..

2001 Theme missing
Love Me Tender incomplete
Suspicious Minds incomplete
Band Introductions missing
some dialogue cut
Closing Vamp missing

And the sound is only soso..

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 pm

promiseland wrote:I will have to own this and the art work is fantastic!

Why is the art work fantastic? To me it looks quite simple.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 pm

Indeed, another Elvis on black with simple text.

And the image of Elvis isn't exactly flattering.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Matthew wrote:Indeed, another Elvis on black with simple text.

That's how I like them simple and not overworked. It's a work of art!

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Joern wrote:

How does the "Finding The Way Home" cover look that was such an inspiration for your avatar? Those look like great fonts there buddy! :lol:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:39 pm

vinelvis wrote:I really like the artwork on this!

Agree, it's simple and stylish and to me, an unknown picture.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Joern wrote:

Just because its simple it cannot be fantastic..? He probably thinks it' s fanastic because it' s that simple.

Does he have to explain why he thinks something is fantastic ?

Why do you think your wife is fantastic.? She might just be a simple woman which isn't anything negative..you think she's fantastic anyway..

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Nice and simple artwork i don't need the cover design to be busy.. however it's not a new photo to me.
live19723.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Why do you think your wife is fantastic.? She might just be a simple woman which isn't anything negative..you think she's fantastic anyway..

I thought this is a board where we discuss things. If we do agree on everything, then we can stop right now. It was a simple question with absolute no pun intended.

Btw I would prefer if you keep things separate. My wife is such a lovely and beautiful person and I have to admit that I don't like the undertone in your comments.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 pm

promiseland wrote:How does the "Finding The Way Home" cover look that was such an inspiration for your avatar? Those look like great fonts there buddy! :lol:

Touché! :D

I find the bootleg 'Finding The Way Home' much more spectacular than another August 1972 show in audience soundquality. :wink:
Last edited by Joern on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Joern wrote:

Just because its simple it cannot be fantastic..? He probably thinks it' s fanastic because it' s that simple.

Does he have to explain why he thinks something is fantastic ?

Why do you think your wife is fantastic.? She might just be a simple woman which isn't anything negative..you think she's fantastic anyway..

Thanks Cisco but you know the ignorance that lurks on this board from time to time..

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 pm

I just dont understand why someone has to explain why he likes something..he thinks its fantastic..thats it..what should this guy say...he likes the blue jumspsuit..the gestures..the facial expression..?..
The next guy arrives and says..all nonsense..its Elvis beyond 1969 and 1970..he has no gesture ..he is all drugged..and looks terrible..I just want to say..such questions lead to nothing..

Why can't we this guy just let enjoy the cover and let him say he thinks it's fantastic...?
Last edited by Ciscoking on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Joern wrote:
promiseland wrote:How does the "Finding The Way Home" cover look that was such an inspiration for your avatar? Those look like great fonts there buddy! :lol:

I find the bootleg 'Finding The Way Home' much more spectacular than another August 1972 show in audience soundquality. :wink:

It's one of my favorites too, and guess what? That cover is fantastic also! :wink:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:08 pm

promiseland wrote:
Joern wrote:

It's one of my favorites too, and guess what? That cover is fantastic also! :wink:

Why do you think its fantastic..? I think its just a simple cover.. :wink:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I don't think that the cover from 'Finding The Way Home' is fantastic. If you want to see some real good looking bootleg artwork than you have to wach out for those who were designed by Ger Rijff.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Looking very forward to this cd!!
As i said before, it's my favorite Vegas season,and to hear this show complete from Rex's tapes will be a surplus to my collection!!

Burning Hot Tonight

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:49 am

All simple covers are not equal, some are beautiful and elegant, some are plain and boring.

This new release falls into the latter, primarily because the actual photo of Elvis is pretty rubbish and if one has no contextual comparison to the original, looks like is misframed on the cover.

Nothing stands out about the artwork other than its blandness and homemade looking vibe.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 am

promiseland wrote:It's a work of art!

WordArt :wink:

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:34 am

Joern wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Why do you think your wife is fantastic.? She might just be a simple woman which isn't anything negative..you think she's fantastic anyway..

I thought this is a board where we discuss things. If we do agree on everything, then we can stop right now. It was a simple question with absolute no pun intended.

Btw I would prefer if you keep things separate. My wife is such a lovely and beautiful person and I have to admit that I don't like the undertone in your comments.

Joern, I do not think that Ciscoking meant to say (or said) something negative about your wife in particular. He was merely using it as a metaphor, like beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:37 am

promiseland wrote:
Matthew wrote:Indeed, another Elvis on black with simple text.

That's how I like them simple and not overworked. It's a work of art!

You're funny!