Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Another Xmas compilation from the Godfather Label..................It features alternate takes from the May, 1971 Nashville sessions.

Last edited by TCB-FAN on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:24 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Another Xmas compilation from the Godfather Label..................It features alternate takes from the May, 1971 Nashville sessions.

To see cover photo and tracklisting.......click on link below.

http://postimage.org/image/o3zoonjch/

GR813 is GR gravel roads?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

keninlincs wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Another Xmas compilation from the Godfather Label..................It features alternate takes from the May, 1971 Nashville sessions.

To see cover photo and tracklisting.......click on link below.

http://postimage.org/image/o3zoonjch/

GR813 is GR gravel roads?

Nope, it's the Godfather label, not Gravel Roads, but then again with bootlegs, both nameplates could be operated under one roof, so to speak.

The Godfather Label also put this nice show a few years back.......not bad quality I might say...on par with the Madison release.

Last edited by TCB-FAN on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm

thanks for the extra info

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 pm

don't care much for this..

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:don't care much for this..

yeah......big yawn as I think everything is taken from other releases....officilal and boots.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:58 pm

TCK_KING wrote:

yeah......big yawn as I think everything is taken from other releases....officilal and boots.

quick buck..c-r-a-p

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:

quick buck..c-r-a-p

Agreed, but completists would want this anyway, just to add to their collection.
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 pm

No thanks...not interested

rlj

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Agreed, but completetists would want this anyway, just to add to their collection.

Not this one.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 am

this label has been around for years !!!

http://bootlegpedia.com/en/label/The-Godfather-Records

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 am

Fools Rush In? I've Got Confidence?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 am

Ciscoking wrote:quick buck..c-r-a-p

This is incorrect. Although the Godfather label bases many of their unofficial releases on material issued by others, more often than not their packaging is outstanding. Packaging is the most expensive part of a CD project.

They also seek legitimate source upgrades when possible. That said, Presley is far lower on their tier of elite artists than, say, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Bruce Springsteen.

Still, if you do not have the material, getting their product is a viable option.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 am

What is the o holy night informal recording? Is it the LEON, LEON?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:50 am

With being playful with the LEON , Elvis was singing the refrain of "NOEL" backwards. Just being playful with "The First Noel." It is kind of fun moment on the "I Sing All Kinds" cd from FTD.

rlj

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:24 am

rlj4ep wrote:With being playful with the LEON , Elvis was singing the refrain of "NOEL" backwards. Just being playful with "The First Noel." It is kind of fun moment on the "I Sing All Kinds" cd from FTD.

rlj

Is that the O' Holy Night informal version? He starts off with O' Holy Night before goin into Noel / Leon?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

This is incorrect. Although the Godfather label bases many of their unofficial releases on material issued by others, more often than not their packaging is outstanding. Packaging is the most expensive part of a CD project.
r
They also seek legitimate source upgrades when possible. That said, Presley is far lower on their tier of elite artists than, say, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Bruce Springsteen.

Still, if you do not have the material, getting their product is a viable option.

john..i cannot buy it just because of the cover art work..and i hate it when they steal evev official material from sony and ftd..so for me its c-r-a-p

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: .....Packaging is the most expensive part of a CD project. ......

But only if you steal from other releases.
I bet that an unreleased Soundboard or unreleased studio recordings cost a lot more than the packaging of this release.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

r

john..i cannot buy it just because of the cover art work..and i hate it when they steal evev official material from sony and ftd..so for me its c-r-a-p

For me as well!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am

TheCoolKing wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: .....Packaging is the most expensive part of a CD project. ......

But only if you steal from other releases.

In general, nope.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

(...)

Couldn't then we say the same thing about MRS...? That's what they do too, don't they? :smt017

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

(...)

Couldn't then we say the same thing about MRS...? That's what they do too, don't they? :smt017

You fan-boys just can't ever let it go, can you?

No and no.

Your label appropriates officially-released audio sources for release to the general marketplace.
The label discussed here uses other underground sources for release on the bootleg market.

Hope this clears up your latest "confusion."

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

(...)

You fan-boys just can't ever let it go, can you?

No and no.

Your label appropriates officially-released audio sources for release to the general marketplace.
The label discussed here uses other underground sources for release on the bootleg market.

Hope this clears up your latest "confusion."

Anyone putting out 1971 outtakes with a 1957 cover does not deserve our serious attention. The package in design is presented as careless as an average Public Domain release. It is a crap release IMO an no 1299 Docs can make me think otherwise.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Alexander wrote:It is a crap release IMO an no 1299 Docs can make me think otherwise.

50,000,000 Doc fans can`t be wrong :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:21 pm

What has Fools Rush In to do with Xmas..?.... :smt102