Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sweet Home Alabama - New TNT Records

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm

hosting imagenes

Sweet Home Alabama

Welcome to the second CD release by TNT Records. After a quick sell-out of our first title “Goin´ Back To Houston” and again with a little help from our friends at “Audionics” - probably THE premium and still active label when it comes to rare recordings in best possible sound - we decided once more to pick two shows from “Tour Number 14” (May 30 – June 10, 1975). On this brandnew double-cd set (Release Date: January 15, 2013) you are going to hear both concerts Elvis did right after a couple of great “warm up”-concerts in Huntsville, AL. Elvis then went on for Concerts number 6 and 7 of “Tour Number 14”. Both shows took place in Mobile, Alabama. And the town went nuts for The “King”. As a matter of fact everybody had to admit that Elvis might have been the only entertainer in 1975 who was able to play a sold out crowd on a Monday afternoon! Both Mobile-Shows have been released before, the afternoon performance even came out by the legendary “Madison”-Label. Anyhow if you have missed the show´s first releases from approximately 10 years ago or if you want to owe them in even better sound than before plus exactly the way they were recorded (without the standard “2001 Theme / See See Rider” opening) you should not miss this great new double cd! You can also expect a great booklet full of photos and information including newspaper articles and original paperwork. Ask your local dealer for it, he should have it right in time around the scheduled release date for you!
CD1 – Mobile, June 2, 1975 A/S
01. Amen / I Got A Woman (incomplete) 02. Love Me 03. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 04. Love Me Tender (with false start) 05. All Shook Up 06. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 07. Hound Dog 08. The Wonder Of You (with false start) 09. Burning Love 10. Band Introductions 11. Johnny B. Goode 12. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) 13. Bass Solo (Blues - Jerry Scheff) 14. Piano Solo (Glen D. Hardin) 15. School Day 16. T.R.O.U.B.L.E. 17. I’ll Remember You 18. Why Me Lord 19. Let Me Be There (with reprise) 20. An American Trilogy 21. Funny How Time Slips Away 22. Little Darlin' 23. Mystery Train / Tiger Man 24. Can't Help Falling In Love 25. Closing Vamp

CD2 – Mobile, June 2, 1975 E/S
01. Amen / I Got A Woman (incomplete) 02. Love Me 03. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 04. Love Me Tender 05. All Shook Up 06. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 07. Hound Dog 08. The Wonder Of You 09. Burning Love 10. Band Introductions 11. Johnny B. Goode 12. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) 13. Bass Solo (Blues - Jerry Scheff) 14. Piano Solo (Glen D. Hardin) 15. School Day 16. Bridge Over Troubled Water 17. T.R.O.U.B.L.E. 18. Alfie (one liner) / I’ll Remember You 19. Let Me Be There 20. An American Trilogy 21. Funny How Time Slips Away 22. Little Darlin' 23. Mystery Train / Tiger Man 24. Can't Help Falling In Love 25. Closing Vamp
Last edited by elvis1977br on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - TNT Records

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:07 pm

cd 1: Movin Mobile (Madison)
cd 2 : Sold Out in Dixie ( Rock Legends)

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - New TNT Records

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Woohooo!!!

Re-release with another ugly cover art. Great start of the year.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:50 pm

nope... c-r-a-p release

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - TNT Records

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:16 pm

elvis1977br wrote:cd 1: Movin Mobile (Madison)
cd 2 : Sold Out in Dixie ( Rock Legends)

Those are the ones I will continue to go to for my Alabama '75 needs.
Last edited by Rob on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:30 pm

I don't have "Movin Mobile" , so I'll take it.
Last edited by elvis1977br on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Tomek wrote:Woohooo!!!

HEY! That must have taken them hours to create that masterpiece! Show some respect!!!
Oh yeah and... pass.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm

I was unable to get movin mobile and I keep losin it on ebay or t price is silly for one cd. So this is comin to me. Just one question why is it crap and wats wrong wiv cover. Elvis wore the blue phoenix for the afternoon show so hence the cover. Some ppl make me laugh. Happy bday ELVIS

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 pm

xmascarrol wrote:Just one question why is it crap

It's not if you do not have the original releases. The originals are the bomb. Since you don't have them, I'm sure you'll enjoy these re-releases.

Let us know what you think once you've had a chance to hear them.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Alfie???

Don't remember that it was featured on Sold Out In Dixie!?

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:Alfie???

There is a known one-liner of "Alfie" from the day before, at the 6-01-1975 ES in Huntsville. Could they have slipped it onto CD2?

Cover looks OK to me, and if one doesn't have the shows, perhaps it is a good alternative.

What I dislike is the title. Is Lynyrd Skynyrd in the audience at one of the gigs? If not it's a poor choice. Elvis did not make his home in Alabama.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Did anyone get the Houston 2-fer that was just released from this label, was the sound imporoved any?

I do have Moving Mobile but I'm interested in the other show as it's supposed to be quite good.

I don't think the cover for this is bad, I have seen better... but its just kinda ehh design.

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Just samples , mine has not arrived yet:
http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/samples/go ... ston01.mp3
http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/samples/go ... ston02.mp3
Covers:

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 pm

elvis1977br is this a digipac release or are they in jewel cases w. artwork??

...oops I see from the last photo that these are jewel cases. cool

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 am

Decent artwork , at least.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 am

I would say buy it if you don't have the original releases from 10 years or so ago!~ :D

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:02 am

Sure...here`s another chance....

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm

I've decided to 'pass' on this'un, I was mainly interested in hearing Bridge Over Troubled Water from the evening show, but on closer inspection of my collection I discovered that I have this song already included on the fantastic FTD Southern Nights. I have the afternoon show in my collection already.

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:31 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Tomek wrote:Woohooo!!!

HEY! That must have taken them hours to create that masterpiece! Show some respect!!!
Oh yeah and... pass.

but the sound is 'improved' don't you know!!! :smt003

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:13 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:Alfie???

Just checked it on "Sold Out In Dixie" ... Elvis is definitely singing (the word) "Alfie" over the opening bars of "I'll Remember You".

And apart from this "Tour Number 14" box set a few years ago neither "Movin' Mobile" nor "Sold Out In Dixe" have been re-released, so I think this is a pretty nice release for all fans who missed the old releases. Both are great shows from this period, so I don't want to miss them.

I have the old releases, but I will also have the new one, because I don't like it, if concerts would be spliced with openings from other shows, I want to hear the show just like it was originally recorded back then.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 pm

walkamileinmyshoes wrote:Just checked it on "Sold Out In Dixie" ... Elvis is definitely singing (the word) "Alfie" over the opening bars of "I'll Remember You".

Hmmm?

walkamileinmyshoes wrote:And apart from this "Tour Number 14" box set a few years ago neither "Movin' Mobile" nor "Sold Out In Dixe" have been re-released, so I think this is a pretty nice release for all fans who missed the old releases. Both are great shows from this period, so I don't want to miss them."

That's right!

walkamileinmyshoes wrote:I have the old releases, but I will also have the new one, because I don't like it, if concerts would be spliced with openings from other shows, I want to hear the show just like it was originally recorded back then.

You can always skip the attached beginning

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 am

i don´t have "movin´ mobile" so i´m gonna buy it. liked their first release, too. good concept to bring two shows on a set, also like the booklet with good Information and nice photos. sorry, cannot say any bad things about this release although some people over here seem to like to put it down. :shock:

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:32 am

For those who don`t have the originals... in any case...the shows are too good to be skipped.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 am

Is the sound coming off a superior source? Or is it basically the same as on the older releases, but slightly 'improved' through a pc program?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:11 am

James27 wrote:Is the sound coming off a superior source? Or is it basically the same as on the older releases, but slightly 'improved' through a pc program?

i'd say slightly improved i dont hear that much difference really. Might have used the same tape source.