https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_t5EJlXNN8

Re: I Forgot To Remember to Forget on the Hayride

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:26 pm

...I don`t recall getting an official release :wink:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm

garyt wrote:i don't recall hearing this before-
phpBB [video]

It's been known for more than three years.

This was a miracle find, a "Louisiana Hayride" program taped off the air on 10-29-1955 using a wire recording, and innocently uploaded to YouTube in July 2012. The owner had no idea a live recording of this Sun song had never been known, or officially issued.

FECC had a couple of discussions on this exciting event, check them out:

I Forgot To Remember To Forget (LIVE)10/01/55 UNRELEASED !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70717

more from amberola 1b regarding Hayride recording
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70915

---

sweetangeline wrote:...I don`t recall getting an official release :wink:

Indeed. Although "wheels were in motion" shortly after this discovery, RCA has apparently had other priorities. Maybe someday.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Indeed. Although "wheels were in motion" shortly after this discovery, RCA has apparently had other priorities. Maybe someday.

I kinda wish Third Man Records were involved somehow, after their brilliant work with the My Happiness/That's When Your Heartaches Begin vinyl release.

How cool would it be for a Record Store Day release to celebrate Elvis' first #1 record with a re-issue of I Forgot To Remember To Forget/Mystery Train on 10" vinyl with the live recording also included on side b, perhaps as a precursor to a Legacy CD release focused on the Sun years.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:09 pm

I remember it was launched on Youtube right before the FTD release 'A boy from Tupelo' which includes all studio and live recordings from 1953 - 1955. I believe that Ernst said in an interview that he didn't know this live recording even existed, which is why it's not on the box set.

The MRS label released it on a CD 'Greatest live hits of the 50s' later on, which also included 'Little Mama' which was on the FTD box set.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Troubleman wrote:I remember it was launched on Youtube right before the FTD release 'A boy from Tupelo' which includes all studio and live recordings from 1953 - 1955. I believe that Ernst said in an interview that he didn't know this live recording even existed, which is why it's not on the box set.

Correct. The YouTube upload was in July 2012. No one had ever heard or knew of the recording up until then. FTD's A Boy From Tupelo was coming back from the printers at that point. Indeed, how ironic.

Troubleman wrote:The MRS label released it on a CD 'Greatest live hits of the 50s' later on, which also included 'Little Mama' which was on the FTD box set.

Yes, they shamelessly "lifted" this exclusive live track from the FTD book's bonus audio component, not the first time they'd done something like this. Emails were privately sent beforehand, boasting of taking the track. Even the MRS stalwarts on FECC found this reprehensible.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Troubleman wrote:The MRS label released it on a CD 'Greatest live hits of the 50s' later on, which also included 'Little Mama' which was on the FTD box set.

Of course two important pieces of information:

1) the audio source for I Forgot To Remember To Forget was the YouTube video, which itself is the microphone of a digital camera, picking up the playback in the room the uploader filmed it in. Then, it was blended with frequencies from the studio master to try and fill it out somehow. Hardly authentic or a best representation of the recording.

So far a direct in-line transfer of the recording has not been released (sadly).

2) Little Mama was taken from the FTD set, as I recall, then digitally processed further.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Matthew wrote:

Of course two important pieces of information:

1) the audio source for I Forgot To Remember To Forget was the YouTube video, which itself is the microphone of a digital camera, picking up the playback in the room the uploader filmed it in. Then, it was blended with frequencies from the studio master to try and fill it out somehow. Hardly authentic or a best representation of the recording.

So far a direct in-line transfer of the recording has not been released (sadly).

2) Little Mama was taken from the FTD set, as I recall, then digitally processed further.

I forgot MRS did this. Does it sound as bad as it reads?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yes, they shamelessly "lifted" this exclusive live track from the FTD book's bonus audio component, not the first time they'd done something like this. Emails were privately sent beforehand, boasting of taking the track. Even the MRS stalwarts on FECC found this reprehensible.

They bootlegged it? If yes I agree, bootlegging is illegal and reprehensible!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm

danielf wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No, they counterfeited an officially-released track.

In this case, a heretofore-unheard and unissued live 1955 Elvis Presley recording.

Hope this helps. :smt023

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
danielf wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No, they counterfeited an officially-released track.

In this case, a heretofore-unheard and unissued live 1955 Elvis Presley recording.

Hope this helps. :smt023

Kind of, I think. Thank you.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:I forgot MRS did this. Does it sound as bad as it reads?

It doesn't sound... err, "awful", but sounds bad, yes. Of course, one doesn't have to like it, but... The story of taking "frequencies from the studio master" is as much good as removing Bill Black's bass clicks claiming they're "pops".

Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
garyt wrote:i don't recall hearing this before-
phpBB [video]

It's been known for more than three years.

This was a miracle find, a "Louisiana Hayride" program taped off the air on 10-29-1955 using a wire recording, and innocently uploaded to YouTube in July 2012. The owner had no idea a live recording of this Sun song had never been known, or officially issued.

FECC had a couple of discussions on this exciting event, check them out:

I Forgot To Remember To Forget (LIVE)10/01/55 UNRELEASED !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70717

more from amberola 1b regarding Hayride recording
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70915

---

sweetangeline wrote:...I don`t recall getting an official release :wink:

Indeed. Although "wheels were in motion" shortly after this discovery, RCA has apparently had other priorities. Maybe someday.

Although taped off air is true, it automatically makes u think radio broadcast. Wasn't this actually recorded from an 'off the air' live televised broadcast of Elvis's 'visual' hayride performance? Shame the guy didn't buy a cine camera that week as well as the wire recorder - we can only dream ::rocks

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:44 am

elvis56 wrote:Although taped off air is true, it automatically makes u think radio broadcast. Wasn't this actually recorded from an 'off the air' live televised broadcast of Elvis's 'visual' hayride performance? Shame the guy didn't buy a cine camera that week as well as the wire recorder - we can only dream ::rocks

According to the man who uploaded it, the wire recording was made from a live radio broadcast of the "Louisiana Hayride."

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvis56 wrote:Although taped off air is true, it automatically makes u think radio broadcast. Wasn't this actually recorded from an 'off the air' live televised broadcast of Elvis's 'visual' hayride performance? Shame the guy didn't buy a cine camera that week as well as the wire recorder - we can only dream ::rocks

According to the man who uploaded it, the wire recording was made from a live radio broadcast of the "Louisiana Hayride."

Oh I stand corrected then, I was sure the guy said he recorded from a tv broadcast :/ cheers DJC

Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 pm

elvis56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh I stand corrected then, I was sure the guy said he recorded from a tv broadcast :/ cheers DJC

A new Elvis Presley recording has been discovered and played online and we have the video and audio for you. The song is 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget You' from a Louisiana Hayride performance in 1955. The recording is said to be audio taped from a TV broadcast, just audio the actual film does not exist

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:59 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:
elvis56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

A new Elvis Presley recording has been discovered and played online and we have the video and audio for you. The song is 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget You' from a Louisiana Hayride performance in 1955. The recording is said to be audio taped from a TV broadcast, just audio the actual film does not exist

nice find skabillyrebels thats what i remember - Doc is a stickler for facts, so ready to admit i was wrong. thanx again for finding ::rocks

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:10 pm

elvis56 wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
elvis56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

nice find skabillyrebels thats what i remember - Doc is a stickler for facts, so ready to admit i was wrong. thanx again for finding ::rocks

your welcome but know doubt we will be told that's not right :lol: :smt003

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:
elvis56 wrote:Oh I stand corrected then, I was sure the guy said he recorded from a tv broadcast :/ cheers DJC

Not quite sure what that is, but it did not appear on the original, 7-10-2012 YouTube upload by amberola1b. I dug it out and it is found below. You must have copied your text from someone's poached version of the audio, skabillyrebels. Of course you do not credit your source, so this is only my best guess.

This was amberola1b title and description:

Elvis Presley I Forgot To Remember To Forget You 1955 Live T.V.

Published on Jul 10, 2012 by amberola1b
This is a short clip of Elvis singing his 1st number one hit live on television back in 1955. I know plenty of people have uploaded clips of Elvis singing this song.... but those clips have only been presented from discs. This one may be a collectors item, maybe not, but it presents Elvis as a fresh young performer just starting out in his career.

It turned out that much of what he wrote was inaccurate. Hope this helps, elvis56, as I am "a stckler for the facts." :smt023

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Although "wheels were in motion" shortly after this discovery, RCA has apparently had other priorities.

Like a Legacy Edition of "Today." Figures.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:10 am

Sony was going to invest on yet another "Complete" SUN collection around a recently discovered live version of a known SUN track. The money wasn't there for business. The historically important live track I'm sure will find it's way to a future compilation without necessarily devoted to the SUN period. Maybe even another fine country compilation. ELVIS AT SUN for mainstream and the OOP "A Boy From Tupelo", is more than enough at the moment, in my opinion.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:22 am

Juan Luis wrote:Sony was going to invest on yet another "Complete" SUN collection around a recently discovered live version of a known SUN track. The money wasn't there for business.

...there is a few here that don`t understand that concept...but your right :wink:

Juan Luis wrote: The historically important live track I'm sure will find it's way to a future compilation without necessarily devoted to the SUN period. Maybe even another fine country compilation

...agree and a new country compilation (sounds good to me) in the 21st century would outsell any Sun package at retail...that`s the facts but I would still love to see ABFT in a new version for the mainstream market...but :wink:

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 am

Maybe they will back it with the London's Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on the next installment of If I Can Dream should it sell well. :facep:

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
elvis56 wrote:Oh I stand corrected then, I was sure the guy said he recorded from a tv broadcast :/ cheers DJC

Not quite sure what that is, but it did not appear on the original, 7-10-2012 YouTube upload by amberola1b. I dug it out and it is found below. You must have copied your text from someone's poached version of the audio, skabillyrebels. Of course you do not credit your source, so this is only my best guess.

This was amberola1b title and description:

Elvis Presley I Forgot To Remember To Forget You 1955 Live T.V.

Published on Jul 10, 2012 by amberola1b
This is a short clip of Elvis singing his 1st number one hit live on television back in 1955. I know plenty of people have uploaded clips of Elvis singing this song.... but those clips have only been presented from discs. This one may be a collectors item, maybe not, but it presents Elvis as a fresh young performer just starting out in his career.

It turned out that much of what he wrote was inaccurate. Hope this helps, elvis56, as I am "a stckler for the facts." :smt023

According to the man who uploaded it,amberola 1b the wire recording was made from a live TV broadcast of the "Louisiana Hayride
but he must have been the wrong about it it must have been a live radio broadcast

I Forgot To Remember to Forget on the Hayride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH74K8_Jztc

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:30 am

Juan Luis wrote:Sony was going to invest on yet another "Complete" SUN collection around a recently discovered live version of a known SUN track. The money wasn't there for business. The historically important live track I'm sure will find it's way to a future compilation without necessarily devoted to the SUN period. Maybe even another fine country compilation. ELVIS AT SUN for mainstream and the OOP "A Boy From Tupelo", is more than enough at the moment, in my opinion.

Not exactly.