Sir Cliff Richard Wants A 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Xaykev
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Re: Sir Cliff Richard Wants A 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album

Post by Xaykev »

Simon1 wrote:Almost everytime he's interviewed he brings up Elvis in the conversation and he is Always positive. Furthermore, one only has to google him and everyone can see that this man has had an outstanding career with many records he still holds. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
Besides that he's a very nice gentleman, I once saw him sitting in a Hilton reception area drinking a cup of tea and shook hands with the man, he was a very nice man to meet. No big ego, no entourage, very down to earth.
Very nice story, thanks for sharing it :) Yes, Cliff is a very nice man, very polite, a true gentleman. Still, many like to make fun of him. That's the sad part, not Cliff himself.

I miss you, Elvis!

Simon1
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Simon1 »

Xaykev wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Almost everytime he's interviewed he brings up Elvis in the conversation and he is Always positive. Furthermore, one only has to google him and everyone can see that this man has had an outstanding career with many records he still holds. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
Besides that he's a very nice gentleman, I once saw him sitting in a Hilton reception area drinking a cup of tea and shook hands with the man, he was a very nice man to meet. No big ego, no entourage, very down to earth.
Very nice story, thanks for sharing it :) Yes, Cliff is a very nice man, very polite, a true gentleman. Still, many like to make fun of him. That's the sad part, not Cliff himself.
You're welcome Xaykev. People who make fun of this music legend only make fools out of themselves. Like him or not, he has an ubelievable track record.
Cheers.

'The image is one thing, the human being another' - Elvis Presley 1972

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Elvisgirl »

Xaykev wrote:
it's all ColinB's fault..!

nod3million
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by nod3million »

Like it or not Cliff is a true legend. Ive seen him 14 times and he always puts on a great performance but the best show was definitly the one with the Shadows a couple years back.

I dont uinderstand why most Elvis fans dislike Cliff. Maybe its because he changed his style as time went by unlike Jerry Lee, Little Richard etc. But Elvis did too so I just dont get it. If anyone saw the Cliff and Shadows tour a few years ago they would have to admit that this man is better than most of the artists in the charts, he can still perform to an excellent level.

Id be curious to hear an album of Cliff/Elvis duets and I think it would be mostly 50s stuff.

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

nod3million wrote: If anyone saw the Cliff and Shadows tour a few years ago they would have to admit that this man is better than most of the artists in the charts, he can still perform to an excellent level.
3 of us said we saw him on that tour (page 2) :smt006

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by debtd1 »

Simon1 wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
You're welcome Xaykev. People who make fun of this music legend only make fools out of themselves. Like him or not, he has an ubelievable track record.
Cheers.
I think its all about the 'born again' bit.....people see him as being unusual,a former sex symbol who never married and had a family

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

Scarre
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Scarre »

I believe I have 2-3 Cliff albums. Thats 2-3 more than The Beatles albums...But no thanks to the duet album.

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

Scarre wrote:I believe I have 2-3 Cliff albums. Thats 2-3 more than The Beatles albums...
:lol: :lol:

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

debtd1 wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
Cheers.
I think its all about the 'born again' bit.....people see him as being unusual,a former sex symbol who never married and had a family
and they say he's gay, just because of that. so stupid :roll:

mocskoskurva
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by mocskoskurva »

Very bad idea, Miss Richard.

california boy
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by california boy »

Elvisgirl wrote:
california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
lucio wrote:I would certainly buy it as a collector of both artists. It would probably be a better release if he did a 50s type of rock and roll duet cd with living stars of the 50s like Jerry Lee, L Richard, Chuck, etc and some with deceased yet still popular artists like Elvis, B Holly, Gene Vincent, Rick Nelson. Maybe even one with Shakin' Stevens
If you've seen Cliff live recently, you will know that he can still rock with the best of them. It would have been a better cd in 2000 to celebrate the new millenium but still worthwhile.
Considering how poorly Elvis is being marketed these days (eg Prince from Another Planet), a duet cd with Cliff can only help expose Elvis to more people.
Lucio
I saw him in 2009, with The Shadows, it was their 50th anniversary tour, and it was absolutely amazing and he sure rocked :smt023 saw him also another time before that. when/if he comes to my country again, i am definitely going to see him again. never gonna miss out on a Cliff concert when the opportunity is there. CLIFF ROCKS :smt023
I saw him with the Shadows also on 2009 on their 50th Anniversary tour, it sure was a Dynamite , where did you saw them ? i saw them In London :)
Im very glad i had the chamce to see them all together on one stage, also got to meet the Shadows in the VIP room ;)
:smt006
yes I am also very happy that I got to see them together! you are lucky you got to meet them. I live in Denmark, and that's where I saw them :smt023
Hi :)
So in Denmark you saw them ::rocks , Awsome :) ,ive been to Denmark long time ago, i loved it, beautiful
Yep, i feel very lucky to meet all the 3 Shadows members, took pictures and Autographs

Singer - Songwriter
First album :"INSPIRATION OF THE TRUTH" - July 2011
Including songs such as : "Baby i want you " , "The Sands of time" , "Sad Rain", "When i dream" , "Vanilla candle" and more....
the album available here :
Buy it from : http://cdbaby.com/cd/liorb
"SAD RAIN " - from my 1st album, here on the following link :

2nd Album just released Nov 2012 - "MOMENTS IN TIME" - features a Special Christmas song: "Happy White Christmas"
NEW Album released DEC 2014 - "POT OF GOLD " - LIOR B - to order a copy please contact me, ill ship worldwide !

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
lucio wrote:I would certainly buy it as a collector of both artists. It would probably be a better release if he did a 50s type of rock and roll duet cd with living stars of the 50s like Jerry Lee, L Richard, Chuck, etc and some with deceased yet still popular artists like Elvis, B Holly, Gene Vincent, Rick Nelson. Maybe even one with Shakin' Stevens
If you've seen Cliff live recently, you will know that he can still rock with the best of them. It would have been a better cd in 2000 to celebrate the new millenium but still worthwhile.
Considering how poorly Elvis is being marketed these days (eg Prince from Another Planet), a duet cd with Cliff can only help expose Elvis to more people.
Lucio
I saw him in 2009, with The Shadows, it was their 50th anniversary tour, and it was absolutely amazing and he sure rocked :smt023 saw him also another time before that. when/if he comes to my country again, i am definitely going to see him again. never gonna miss out on a Cliff concert when the opportunity is there. CLIFF ROCKS :smt023
I saw him with the Shadows also on 2009 on their 50th Anniversary tour, it sure was a Dynamite , where did you saw them ? i saw them In London :)
Im very glad i had the chamce to see them all together on one stage, also got to meet the Shadows in the VIP room ;)
:smt006
yes I am also very happy that I got to see them together! you are lucky you got to meet them. I live in Denmark, and that's where I saw them :smt023
Hi :)
So in Denmark you saw them ::rocks , Awsome :) ,ive been to Denmark long time ago, i loved it, beautiful
Yep, i feel very lucky to meet all the 3 Shadows members, took pictures and Autographs
beautiful...only when it snows

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

I think it's a great idea. I hope that they re-do "King Creole" since it was one of Cliff's first recordings (on the "Oh Boy" tv soundtrack).

Xaykev
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Xaykev »

nod3million wrote: I dont uinderstand why most Elvis fans dislike Cliff.
I also find this a bit strange. Of course, nobody can be compared to Elvis, but still, if you enjoy a lot of Elvis's music you should also like a lot of Cliff's stuff. He also went from a rocker, to moviestar, gospel, etc. It seems like many Elvis fans like Tom Jones, but not Cliff. On the other hand, a lot of Cliff Richard fans really like Elvis.

I miss you, Elvis!

dannyboy1
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by dannyboy1 »

I don't dislike Cliff Richard. Nor do I bother listening to him. But I certainly would not want a "duets" album. I hope EPE holds out on this. It shouldn't be that every Tom, Dick and....Cliff can just release duets with Elvis upon request.

"The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

bajo

Post by bajo »

I've got nothing against Cliff Richard. He once was a real challenge to Elvis in popularity. I have many albums by Sir Cliff Richard, especially the early ones. Cliff and The Shadows really had a sound of their own. I think my interest faded after the Devil Woman/We Don't Talk Anymore period. Still, I enjoy playing "the early Cliff & The Shadows" recordings.
Clliff is among many an artist or group I love to listen to beside Elvis.
As for a duet album, I really don't know. Why not? Then we might have a field day putting it down if it doesn't come off. And if it should be a #1 album in the UK, well we would have to reconsider and take in another #1 album to the account of Elvis, would we? :)

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by rocknroller »

Say what you want about cliff but the guy just loves elvis !!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

Jove
Registered for: 19 years

Post by Jove »

Xaykev wrote:
I also find this a bit strange. Of course, nobody can be compared to Elvis, but still, if you enjoy a lot of Elvis's music you should also like a lot of Cliff's stuff. He also went from a rocker, to moviestar, gospel, etc. It seems like many Elvis fans like Tom Jones, but not Cliff. On the other hand, a lot of Cliff Richard fans really like Elvis.
I do not dislike Cliff but I am not a big fan, although I prefer him to Tom Jones. Jones sing as if he is perpetually constipated.

Scratch me now a little lower

Gary1
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Gary1 »

Xaykev wrote:
I don't like Tom Jones either and perhaps because i'm Welsh I shouldn't really say that..oopps! too late :lol:

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

I never cared for his recording of "I Gotta Know" but I really dig some of Cliff's big hits (my favorite being "The Young Ones" without the stupid strings overdubbed). Does anybody remember his impromptu performance in Wimbledon during a rain break quite a few years back? Marvellous.

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

if cliff wants to do it fine.... but (usually) if a risk is involved he won't do it.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

nod3million
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by nod3million »

One thing to be considered here is Cliff is now 72 years old and a 72 year old dueting with recording of Elvis' from the 50's would be silly. Unless they used Cliff's own 50's recordings of the same songs but that brings other problems too.

Im sure this project wont happen

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

luckyjackson1 wrote:I never cared for his recording of "I Gotta Know" but I really dig some of Cliff's big hits (my favorite being "The Young Ones" without the stupid strings overdubbed). Does anybody remember his impromptu performance in Wimbledon during a rain break quite a few years back? Marvellous.
I´m not too found of EP:s version...(don´t know Cliffs).

Chris Roberts
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by Chris Roberts »

luckyjackson1 wrote:I never cared for his recording of "I Gotta Know" but I really dig some of Cliff's big hits (my favorite being "The Young Ones" without the stupid strings overdubbed). Does anybody remember his impromptu performance in Wimbledon during a rain break quite a few years back? Marvellous.

Yes I do remember that impromptu performance at Wimbledon, it was great. Cliff also did fantastic versions of Jerry Lee's 'It'll Be Me' and Elvis's 'Mean Woman Blues' plus dozens of others. He had a great rock'n'roll voice in the early years. Just as I prefer early Elvis, I also prefer early Cliff when he was with the Shadows, (Auguably the best intrumental group ever).

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

Scarre wrote:
I´m not too found of EP:s version...(don´t know Cliffs).