Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New STAR DVD releases for 2013 & Footage From Latest Rel

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Pathetic!!! To post the F**K Berry logo on the end is not clever. It brings the STAR compilers down to the same level they are being angry about. There are still many young Elvis fans who watch these nice alternatives,so having a swearing logo at the start is childish. Elvis would not have approved of this, disrespect to Chuck Berry included. Bad move STAR. :cry:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 pm

archdeak wrote:Pathetic!!! To post the F**K Berry logo on the end is not clever. It brings the STAR compilers down to the same level they are being angry about. There are still many young Elvis fans who watch these nice alternatives,so having a swearing logo at the start is childish. Elvis would not have approved of this, disrespect to Chuck Berry included. Bad move STAR. :cry:

You bet. Like a bunch of teenagers. Very low class and tacky. Where was the grownup in the room when they did this?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm

archdeak wrote:Pathetic!!! To post the F**K Berry logo on the end is not clever. It brings the STAR compilers down to the same level they are being angry about. There are still many young Elvis fans who watch these nice alternatives,so having a swearing logo at the start is childish. Elvis would not have approved of this, disrespect to Chuck Berry included. Bad move STAR. :cry:

......Childish Behaviour Indeed - .......................
Bad Move Star - Get ya standards to order - Its totally bang out of line - Elvis respected all his fellow musicians and colleagues with respect -

Amen - If you wanna lose customers buying your products Star please delete and stop makin remarks like this on ya products - Ok - Star compilers please take note - TCE4Ever -
So far all Star dvds are gr8 and enjoyable to see - Please do not spoil it for us fans Star -
....................................................................................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:05 am

I thought the phrase was very appropriate. How often did Elvis use the word in the recording studios? No matter what, you just can't please everyone all the time. I'm sure the folks behind STAR will continue expressing themselves however they want. It sure isn't going to effect many customers lol

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 am

First In Line wrote:I thought the phrase was very appropriate. How often did Elvis use the word in the recording studios? No matter what, you just can't please everyone all the time. I'm sure the folks behind STAR will continue expressing themselves however they want. It sure isn't going to effect many customers lol

Roll on the next slightly different variation with the swear word removed and a different camera angle for 18 seconds! :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

Tony.. wrote:
First In Line wrote:I thought the phrase was very appropriate. How often did Elvis use the word in the recording studios? No matter what, you just can't please everyone all the time. I'm sure the folks behind STAR will continue expressing themselves however they want. It sure isn't going to effect many customers lol

Roll on the next slightly different variation with the swear word removed and a different camera angle for 18 seconds! :mrgreen:

It wont be long

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 am

I don't think it is disrespecting Chuck Berry. It actually means that Elvis' version is as good or better than Chuck Berry's version. Which I don't agree with because this is one of Elvis's worst performance of Johnny B Goode. If it was the 1969 version then I would agree!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:03 am

bajo wrote:Nice, but still the same, dull JBG rehearshal performance. If the music doesn't come over, watch the footage! 8)

That's what I did! :lol:

Re: New STAR DVD releases for 2013

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 am

TCB-FAN wrote:The latest release EOT : The Alternate Movie, it features an extended JBG opening...really nice. At the end of the opening credits .........."F*** Berry !!". in white lettering. I thought it was a nice classy touch on the part of STAR.

Really? A nice classy touch? No. It actually reveals them to be misinformed morons. If they really wanted to "stick it to Warner" they'd have put "F*** Warner !!" on it. Better yet, they might realise the bootleg itself is "sticking it to Warner" and not put childish statements across Elvis Presley footage.

Chuck Berry is a living musical legend so "F*** STAR !!" for their dishonourable conduct.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 am

Matthew wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:The latest release EOT : The Alternate Movie, it features an extended JBG opening...really nice. At the end of the opening credits .........."F*** Berry !!". in white lettering. I thought it was a nice classy touch on the part of STAR.

Really? A nice classy touch? No. It actually reveals them to be misinformed morons. If they really wanted to "stick it to Warner" they'd have put "F*** Warner !!" on it. Better yet, they might realise the bootleg itself is "sticking it to Warner" and not put childish statements across Elvis Presley footage.

Chuck Berry is a living musical legend so "F*** STAR !!" for their dishonourable conduct.

Look, we don't know any details around negotiations that took place so either F berry or F warner is justified.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:48 am

Robert wrote:Look, we don't know any details around negotiations that took place so either F berry or F warner is justified.

If you think Chuck Berry is sitting around, personally handling approvals for each and every use of one of his songs that's rather naive. Warner was responsible for the fail with On Tour.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:38 am

Matthew wrote:
Robert wrote:Look, we don't know any details around negotiations that took place so either F berry or F warner is justified.

If you think Chuck Berry is sitting around, personally handling approvals for each and every use of one of his songs that's rather naive. Warner was responsible for the fail with On Tour.

Again, nobody knows anything around this. At least not on this forum.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 am

Robert wrote:Again, nobody knows anything around this. At least not on this forum.

Even more reason that STAR's action here is tasteless.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

The new Star Elvis On Tour DVD is very disappointing, It was supposed to be an alternate version? Its got a tonne of audience footage in it!! How is this alternate to the real On Tour?? Great audience footage it is but its not apprpriate to mix it with proper professional footage.

Also why do they play around with the footage like adding in bits of slow motion?? Example: In Never Been To Spain when Elvis sings ".... you cant refuse it" Just after this Elvis makes a hand/arm movement to coincide with the song but Star take away from this by putting in slow motion!!

Burning Love and other songs are just slotted in and the whole thing doesnt flow at all. Its a rush job or else Star has lost it.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Don't worry about it. Berry has disrespected Elvis before.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

In reality they aren't doing anything constructive by adding the message. The whole concept was to present it as a new vision of the film. It was totally not needed and adds nothing to the experience. What it did was create marketing for the item.

Truth be told this is a low run bootleg of material (sound & video) owned by someone else. All the images and audio actually belong as property to many different individuals who will receive no compensation for this item. It is stealing in the same aspect as if you worked at your own job all day and someone else reaped the paycheck.

maybe they should have waited ti the end of the credits, then edited the message to say "F everyone involved with this film" In the end they are stealing from all entities involved with the film.

They may even hear from the same people who control the Berry song with a legal note about the use of the song...much like Warner did -if enough attention comes to this product.

Just my opinion though.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 pm

A cheap jibe, in poor taste, Star.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Seems like the STAR star is fading after all these years..anyway..they gave us precious moments..

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

[quote="nod3million"]The new Star Elvis On Tour DVD is very disappointing, It was supposed to be an alternate version? Its got a tonne of audience footage in it!! How is this alternate to the real On Tour?? Great audience footage it is but its not apprpriate to mix it with proper professional footage.

Also why do they play around with the footage like adding in bits of slow motion?? Example: In Never Been To Spain when Elvis sings ".... you cant refuse it" Just after this Elvis makes a hand/arm movement to coincide with the song but Star take away from this by putting in slow motion!!

Burning Love and other songs are just slotted in and the whole thing doesnt flow at all. Its a rush job or else Star has lost it.[/quote]

Totally agree with this post. It's only about 1hour 10 mins long, so how can it be an 'alternate' movie?! They've completely removed the dialogue aspect of the film also and included poor quality audio and home movie footage from 1971!! Elvis did not sing "That's alright" during the "On tour" period. That's the last "Star" thing I get free copies of! :smt006

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Did anyone really expect anything else from Star? It's always a lot of hype and never deliver.
And where's the 45 seconds of It's Over? What I can't believe is that there are actually people who spend real money on any of their products. If you really Have to have something from Star turn on Grabit.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Simon1 wrote:Did anyone really expect anything else from Star? It's always a lot of hype and never deliver.
And where's the 45 seconds of It's Over? What I can't believe is that there are actually people who spend real money on any of their products. If you really Have to have something from Star turn on Grabit.

Indeed!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 am

nod3million wrote:The new Star Elvis On Tour DVD is very disappointing, It was supposed to be an alternate version? Its got a tonne of audience footage in it!! How is this alternate to the real On Tour?? Great audience footage it is but its not apprpriate to mix it with proper professional footage.

Burning Love and other songs are just slotted in and the whole thing doesnt flow at all. Its a rush job or else Star has lost it.

i 100% agree i just wasted my money on this 'crap' had much better 'on tour' outakes myself allready won't be buying any more. they put in Nov 71 amateur footage and all sorts of 'b' sub standard quality stuff + the **** Berry bit huh!~ :wtf: :roll: :?