Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Files Vol.1 - more preview images...

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Gang,
You might be interested in these new pages Erik has sent me to preview ...

Elvis FilesVol.1 '53-'56. Sneak Preview: The first volume of the Elvis Files story, chronicling Elvis' rise from his pre SUN discovery to becoming the world's biggest new sensation - over more than 500 pages & 1,200 photos... Featuring All Elvis Events from 1953-1956, Every Working Moment, The Early Tours, The first Las Vegas trip, Recording Sessions, The TV Shows and lots of UNSEEN and UNPUBLISHED images.

There are some great looking photos

Look here>>>
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/book_elvis_files_vol.1.html

Cheers,
Piers

Re: Elvis Files Vol.1 - more preview images...

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks Piers, I really can't wait to get my hands on this book, and the more I see of it the more I am looking forward to it.

Also I am looking forward to book 6 as that will cover the period 1971 - 3, the years that I first saw him live. I do hope that at the end of this series Erik revisits book 3 as that volumn does not live up to the rest of the series. I expect that this is because it was the first and each subsequent book has got better each time. A truely fantastic series.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:53 am

Chris Roberts wrote:Thanks Piers, I really can't wait to get my hands on this book, and the more I see of it the more I am looking forward to it.
Also I am looking forward to book 6 as that will cover the period 1971 - 3, the years that I first saw him live. I do hope that at the end of this series Erik revisits book 3 as that volumn does not live up to the rest of the series. I expect that this is because it was the first and each subsequent book has got better each time. A truely fantastic series.

Hi Chris, I agree.
Unfortunately you are right with the first volume, #3, but I am sure that was why E.L. chose the lower-key years to begin with, just to see how the format would pan out.
After the first volume, of course, everyone kicked in to help him out to make them what they are.

Working on 1953 -1956 will be a difficult task of blending the iconic pictures we all know with the new ones he has discovered.
I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers
Piers

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Ty Piers for sharing this - Lovn It - Sure looks great -

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 am

And the missus was just asking what I want for Christmas.Hmmmm,let's see now.

norrie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 am

I'm sure the book will have lots of great stuff in it. These two photos you posted though were displayed and discussed here in the photo section some time ago in higher detail. The top one from the promo shots at the studio is in a great compilation thread by Davide.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52653