Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Does a Soundboard of the December 4 1975 show?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

Listening to the Vegas Variety cd of this concert, elvis is really sounding good!, And looking at the tracklist No all shook up, No teddy Bear dont Be Cruel, No Hound Dog which is good!

Elvis sings great version Just pretend, rocks out on Burning Love with extended ending! Bridge Over Troubled Water, Trying To Get To You, Polk Salad Annie, Mystery Train Tiger Man. This show is really good!

If FTD ever goin to release one of the Early December shows i would prefer this show!! or Opening Night!

Tracklisting!

Also Sprach Zarathustra
C. C. Rider
I Got A Woman - Amen
Love Me
Fairytale
Big Boss Man (excerpt)
And I Love You So
Tryin' To Get To You
Blue Suede Shoes
It's Now Or Never
Polk Salad Annie
Band Introductions
Johnny B Goode
Drum Solo (by Ronnie Tutt)
Bass Solo (by Jerry Scheff)
Piano Solo (by Glen D Hardin)
School Day
Elvis introduces Julie Lamar
Just Pretend
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Burning Love
Softly As I Leave You (with Sherrill Nielsen)
America The Beautiful
Mystery Train - Tiger Man
Little Darlin
Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Does a Soundboard of the December 4 1975 show?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:56 am

If my memory serves me correctly, Ronnie Tutt isn't playing drums on this occasion - it's Jerome "Stump" Monroe (the drummer for the Sweet Inspirations).

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 am

Tony Trout wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, Ronnie Tutt isn't playing drums on this occasion - it's Jerome "Stump" Monroe (the drummer for the Sweet Inspirations).

Stump is doing one hell of a job on it!, I love the drumming on Polk Salad & Mystery Train Tiger Man

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:30 am

i agree, a great cd! and a great setlist this evening way back so many years ago...

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Is the CD a soundboard CD or an audience recording?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Is the CD a soundboard CD or an audience recording?

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/V ... riety7.htm

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 am

Ciscoking wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Is the CD a soundboard CD or an audience recording?

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... riety7.htm

Ok, but the question was if a soundboard is known to excist. Enlighten us Cisco! :smt002

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Listening to the Vegas Variety cd of this concert, elvis is really sounding good!, And looking at the tracklist No all shook up, No teddy Bear dont Be Cruel, No Hound Dog which is good!

Well, it's only "good" because by 1975 Elvis took those #1 hits from 1956-1957, songs that helped change the world, and threw them in the toilet when performing them. However, it is deeply regretful he did not offer these beloved numbers to his dedicated fans with the care and attention that each one deserved. They didn't sell millions because they were crap, in this case it was quite the opposite.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, Ronnie Tutt isn't playing drums on this occasion - it's Jerome "Stump" Monroe (the drummer for the Sweet Inspirations).

Stump is doing one hell of a job on it!, I love the drumming on Polk Salad & Mystery Train Tiger Man

Ronnie temporarily left the show on December 7. He is playing on the December 4 tape.

Jerome "Stump" Monroe deputized for Ronnie Tutt on three known occasions:

Monday, November 8, 1971 - Philadelphia, PA [Tutt = flu]
Sunday, December 7, 1975 - Las Vegas, NV [Tutt = wife having baby]
Friday, June 24, 1977 - Madison, WI [Tutt = family emergency]

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 am

Just a quick question.

I don't have this show so did Elvis introduce Julie Lamar ?? or the actress Julie Newmar?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 am

ekenee wrote:Just a quick question.

I don't have this show so did Elvis introduce Julie Lamar ?? or the actress Julie Newmar?

It was confirmed as Julie Newmar a year ago, when Vegas Variety Vol. 7 was released.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
It's a matter of Time wrote:Doc you indeed correct. It was Julie Newmar that was introduced by Elvis. I attended the show and she was sitting fairly close to a ringside table as opposed to any of the first tier booths (where most of the celebrities would sit).

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65021&start=25#p968099