Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moment's that got you excited as a fan in the 1960's

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

After so many not so great movies, towards the end of the 1960's Elvis started coming back with decent to great material, Big Boss Man, U.S Male etc, I wasn't born then, but was there moment for you fans that were around that you thought hey we got our boy back as far as making great music again?

Re: Moment's that got you excited as a fan in the 1960's

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 am

In the ghetto and Suspicious minds.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 pm

The two singles 'Big Boss Man' b/w 'You Don't Know Me' and 'Guitar Man' b/w 'Hi-Heel Sneakers' made me realise "Hey Elvis hasn't lost it." Before that the album 'How Great Thou Art' made me think how good he could still be, but that was followed by the disappointment of 'Double Trouble' and 'Easy Come, Easy Go' soundtrack albums. The TV special, of course, was just pure heaven!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm

The TV special, LP From Elvis in Memphis and the single Suspicious minds.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Sad to say but Spinout seemed like a return to form after HS, F&J, and PHS. Because of my youth, 14 at the time, I didn't hate Double Trouble and Clambake seemed half good. There was no denying though that EP wasn't as consistently good on the crappier material coming his way. Like everyone, I was really excited all year to see what the TV special was going to look like.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm

It is an absolute treat to sit down, put the headphones on and enjoy the "Elvis Is Back" sessions. The tunes, for the most part, are fresh, new and exciting. Elvis shows that he clearly still has what it takes to be competitive in the business. There are a handful of films from the '60s that I enjoy watching and it reminds me of a more relaxed and fun time at the drive-in. The '68 Special proved that Elvis was a force to be reckoned with. He knocked Vegas on its ass in '69 and was back on top with tunes that will stand the test of time. He again gained the attention (and respect) of fans, critics and artists alike.

These are things that make me proud to be an Elvis fan during this time.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 am

Rob wrote:It is an absolute treat to sit down, put the headphones on and enjoy the "Elvis Is Back" sessions. The tunes, for the most part, are fresh, new and exciting. Elvis shows that he clearly still has what it takes to be competitive in the business. There are a handful of films from the '60s that I enjoy watching and it reminds me of a more relaxed and fun time at the drive-in. The '68 Special proved that Elvis was a force to be reckoned with. He knocked Vegas on its ass in '69 and was back on top with tunes that will stand the test of time. He again gained the attention (and respect) of fans, critics and artists alike.

These are things that make me proud to be an Elvis fan during this time.

Beautiful post thanks for this just the stuff I was looking for, and everyone else thanks for your input, was just trying to get the idea of what it was like to be a fan in the 1960's after so many not so great movies, with subpar soundtracks.