Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Songs you didn't appreciate...

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:22 pm

elvis-fan wrote:To be totally honest, I have never fully appreciated Elvis' body of work recorded at American Studios. It's difficult to explain why but I have never thought of From Elvis In Memphis or Back In Memphis as one of my favorite Elvis albums. There are great tracks that I do enjoy from these sessions but as a whole I rarely ever play those albums. However, as a collector I own pretty much everything to do with these sessions... imports, FTD's, the Legacy Edition... but I find it difficult to play FEIM or BIM completely through... obviously I'm in the minority as I see most people have one or both in their top 5 favorites Elvis LP's.

Image Image

WOW!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:08 am

i only like the live version of love me tender...not the stuido version

agree....the studio master is so tedious and boring.... :roll:

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 am

elvis-fan wrote:To be totally honest, I have never fully appreciated Elvis' body of work recorded at American Studios. It's difficult to explain why but I have never thought of From Elvis In Memphis or Back In Memphis as one of my favorite Elvis albums. There are great tracks that I do enjoy from these sessions but as a whole I rarely ever play those albums. However, as a collector I own pretty much everything to do with these sessions... imports, FTD's, the Legacy Edition... but I find it difficult to play FEIM or BIM completely through... obviously I'm in the minority as I see most people have one or both in their top 5 favorites Elvis LP's.

Image Image

+1. It takes guts to say that around here. I like a number of individual performances here, but FEIM has never been a favorite album of mine. IMO, EP's singing is overrated on some of these tracks.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:47 am

For me I would say the 1950's material, seeing as how I was introduced to Elvis from That's The Way It Is and Aloha From Hawaii VHS's, but it did not take long to be captivated from the 50's stuff, and it started when I bought the Ed Sullivan DVD Set years ago.