Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Ah, you can’t tackle the discussion anymore, so now you just take things out of context and take the easy way out with a couple of one-liners. I’m not surprised.

It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior and weasel your way out of anything of substance with pathetic one-liners, but as we’ve seen before, those are usually the kind of guys that have nothing going for them in real life.

When you do produce something of real merit, let me know. It would be the first time that a spineless anonymous keyboard warrior like yourself surprises me.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Ah, you can’t tackle the discussion anymore, so now you just take things out of context and take the easy way out with a couple of one-liners. I’m not surprised.
It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior and weasel your way out of anything of substance with pathetic one-liners...

So says the king/queen of post deletions.

Rock Legend wrote:When you do produce something of real merit, let me know. It would be the first time that a spineless anonymous keyboard warrior like yourself surprises me.

If you knew me well, spineless is a word you wouldn't be using. That I can assure you.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 pm

And yet you post under a false name. Hmmm… do I hear the word hypocritical?

The sad thing is, not once have you given any indication that you have read the book. You have given no indication whatsoever that you have listened to the free CD that comes with the book. You are still acting on your assumptions and hoping to get away with it. And, for the sake of your own argument, you fail to mention that I never asked for the track that you are referring to. You are making a big fuzz out of the Lanza duet, a track that is not on the CD. You almost make it sound like it is, but it’s not. You make a lot of noise, but you make very little sense. Take away your bullying behavior and your inflated self-hype, and we’re left with nothing. In fact, this whole discussion is about nothing. What is the point of this? You say that you are sharing your duets and edits of various Elvis recordings with other fans, and now you feel that your rights are infringed upon because you believe that one of these ended up on some free bonus CD? Don’t you think that those rights are owned by Sony, IF this is one and the same recording? What gives you the right to claim ownership on any Elvis recording? You have never answered these simple but pertinent questions, which I think deserve an answer, since you do seem to feel that you own said recording. Now I’m curious.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Rock Legend wrote:The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.


This is the bottom line.

The book is highly recommended for all serious Elvis fans.

For all concerns about a stray track on a bonus CD, please ... let it go.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.

For all concerns about a stray track on a bonus CD, please ... let it go.

Is it not courteous to at least ask a fellow member on a fan forum if it's okay to use something - for their own benefit - that someone else has gone to the trouble of producing?

You yourself said on another thread recently, "...if someone is going to quote someone else's work, it is important -- and fair -- to give the source credit."

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.


For all concerns about a stray track on a bonus CD, please ... let it go.


Is it not courteous to at least ask a fellow member on a fan forum if it's okay to use something - for their own benefit - that someone else has gone to the trouble of producing?

You yourself said on another thread recently, "...if someone is going to quote someone else's work, it is important -- and fair -- to give the source credit."


That is in regard to a published, written quotation used without attribution.

What you are complaining about is baseless:
- you do not even own a copy of the book
- it's a stray track on a FREE CD

Let it go.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

You are grasping at straws and once again not answering any of the questions asked.

I’ll make it real simple for you. If you feel that I have infringed on your copyrights, then by all means, sue me. You know where to find me. Put your money where your mouth is. If not, then shut up.

I’m sure that people like Ernst will be having a good laugh if they read your warped logic. Him and the entities that he represents are the ones who can rightfully claim to own the copyright to Elvis’ music. They have not contacted me about the CD.

Food for thought.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Arjan always puts his heart into his projects. One can always expect quality coming from him.

Ken

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.


For all concerns about a stray track on a bonus CD, please ... let it go.


Is it not courteous to at least ask a fellow member on a fan forum if it's okay to use something - for their own benefit - that someone else has gone to the trouble of producing?

You yourself said on another thread recently, "...if someone is going to quote someone else's work, it is important -- and fair -- to give the source credit."


That is in regard to a published, written quotation used without attribution.

What you are complaining about is baseless:
- you do not even own a copy of the book
- it's a stray track on a FREE CD

Let it go.

Exactly the response I would expect from you.

When it suits, huh?

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Exactly the response I would expect from you.

When it suits, huh?


Do you even have a copy of the book? No.

Is this edited track you complain of -- all 79 seconds of it -- previously published? No.

Move on.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:16 am

Rock Legend wrote:I’ll make it real simple for you. If you feel that I have infringed on your copyrights, then by all means, sue me. You know where to find me. Put your money where your mouth is. If not, then shut up.

You clearly don't mind coming across as a complete as*hole, do you?

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 am

The only one who has been a complete jerk in this discussion is you.

Right from the get-go your aggression was way out of proportion.

You could have approached me nicely, and I probably would have sent you the book. Not because I agree with you,
But because I'm a nice and fairminded guy.

Anyway, I hope you got out of this whatever it was that you wanted.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 am

I haven't even played the CD.It had no bearing on me purchasing the book.It's all about the interviews and pictures in this fantastic product.

norrie

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 am

norrie wrote:I haven't even played the CD.It had no bearing on me purchasing the book.It's all about the interviews and pictures in this fantastic product.

norrie


That’s what everybody has been saying here, but elvisalisellers continues to live in La La Land.

Fact is, not once has he even proven that the recording that he discusses is precisely the same as the one on the CD. He claims to have the free CD that comes with my book but is very vague on details when pressed. In fact, he answered none of my questions, such as why he feels that he can make any sort of a claim on a recording owned by Sony. He acted like a real buffoon on this thread and at no point showed any interest in discussing this in a constructive manner.

I’m amazed that this is an issue at all, because the recording in question is of zero relevance… The book is what really matters, and the CD was just a nice last-minute bonus that came about because of the situation surrounding ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’.

Like I said before, if he’d contacted me in a respectful manner then we could have solved this in an amicable way, but right from the start elvisalisellers was very rude and aggressive… Which makes you wonder what his agenda really was, because that’s certainly not the way to get something done from others.

Thanks to everybody for the great support and praise on this thread. Much appreciated!